It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babalon 5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Who here has seen the series Babalon 5? If you have, don't you agree that the show should be aired again? I mean, yes, it is a little old fashioned but, hey, it was and awsome show.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
speaking of which, I just noticed that the symbol for this section is the Babalon 5 symbol. lol

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Babylon 5 ( IMHO ) was one of the best tv sci-fi shows made. The storylines were great as were the characters. The CGI effects were also very well done and it is a shame the show has finished.

Just as well I have everything to do with Babylon 5 on DVD !!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
lol. at least there is someone else out there who loves Babalon 5.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I loved Babylon 5. The whole minbari surrender mystery, I mean come on how many shows would have held that back for soo long. The reason he had valens soul was because he was valen. Awesome!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Babylon 5 totally ownzzzzz! If you liked that series, you should also try to find the spinoff, called Crusade; unfortunately, I don't think it even lasted a single season, even though it was pretty good, too. There were a couple of made for TV movies for B5, as well. I started watching the show in about teh 2nd or 3rd season, and then when they reran them all on the space channel, I watched all of them again. Good stuff! Realistic interesting characters, cool aliens, awesome technology, fantastic plot. So many good characters, I can't decide who my favorite was. I think maybe it would be Londo, but it's a really tough call.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Crusade lasted 13 eps, because JMS walked out on it after TNT told him the changes they were making to the show. And I can't say I blame him. There wasn't enough sex or violence in it for them.

Babylon 5 is THE coolest show ever made. They were working on a theatrical release for it, but the project fell through.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Babylon 5 is indeed my favorite Science fiction show, today's revamped Battlestar is IMHO compariable to it in so many ways that made Bab5 good.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I won't win any friends for this, but I have to be honest. Please bear in mind that this is my opinion, and it is not being stated to flame or troll for attention.

Next to Farscape, no show like Babylon 5 has sucked so much to me. It had the worst acting this side of a spanish-channel soap opera, and dialogue so juvenille I found it completely unwatchable...it made Hercules or Brisco County Jr. look like Emmy material

I simply can't believe how many people actually liked this show and can speak about it in the same breath as Star Trek.

The effects were nickle-and-dime all the way...of course they never tried to hide that fact, but it took any shred of fun away from it.

No, I didn't like it at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Don't make me start a war over this.

The acting slipshod i agree, but only in the first season! The dialog was wonderful and meaningful and funny. The special effects.... WERE AMAZING FOR THE 80's! It was like 1985.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Next to Farscape, no show like Babylon 5 has sucked so much to me.

Let me get this straight. A guy with a 3P0 Avatar is saying the best sci-fi shows of all time are crap. Fort these reasons no less...

It had the worst acting this side of a spanish-channel soap opera,

Again this coming from a guy with a 3P0 Avatar

and dialogue so juvenille I found it completely unwatchable

Again this coming from a guy with a 3P0 Avatar ...

You were right when you say Farscape and B5 cannot compare to Star Trek, THEY COMPLETELY BLOW TNG AWAY! I guess long story lines and character based plots are not your thing.

Scorpius would pwn Vadar and the Borg with both his hands tied behind his back
And Mr. Morden well .... hehehe.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by sardion2000]

jra

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
The special effects.... WERE AMAZING FOR THE 80's! It was like 1985.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but the show was not made in 1985. It started in 1994. It was also pretty much the first sci fi tv show to use CG for all its effects. Star Trek was still using models at the time. I thought the CG was pretty good for the time.

And yes. I loved babylon 5 as well. Sure it was low budget, mostly B grade actors, but who cares. It was entertaining and very enjoyable. The first season was pretty weak, but once things got going. It got really good.

Although I found a lot of the characters to be enjoyable. I'd say my two favorites were Londo an G'Kar.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Londo an G'Kar

Yeah the actors who played them were really Class A actors allthough definately on the B List despite their talent ah well..

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
so I was 9 years off....... The acting got really good with Sheridan, he's as you westerners call "kickass".

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Vorlons were one of the best alien races ever invented. And the concept of them "tinkering" with the development of other races was really cool.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

I simply can't believe how many people actually liked this show and can speak about it in the same breath as Star Trek.

The effects were nickle-and-dime all the way...of course they never tried to hide that fact, but it took any shred of fun away from it.

You do realise that an entire season of B5 was produced for the cost of a single episode of the ST:TNG dont you?

jra

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh and another thing I loved about B5. The way the space ships flew around. They treated it much more realisticly. Especially noticable with the fighters. They flew around like they were really in space and not in an atmosphere or whatever.

I also have a model of the Starfury (painted up in the Omega squadern scheme). Which also just happens to be the same scale as my Runabout model. I really liked there space ship design.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Babylon 5 is definitely my favorite sci-fi series of all time. Star Trek, save for classic, never even comes close. Star Trek was just an episodic adventure show which, although it may have had better actors, was godawfully boring!
Babylon-5 introduced season spanning story arcs and an overall stroyline to the genre and absolutley the best characters were G'Kar and Londo.

Sorry Trekkies, but new Trek sucks Ass!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Oh and another thing I loved about B5. The way the space ships flew around. They treated it much more realisticly. Especially noticable with the fighters. They flew around like they were really in space and not in an atmosphere or whatever.

I also have a model of the Starfury (painted up in the Omega squadern scheme). Which also just happens to be the same scale as my Runabout model. I really liked there space ship design.

Two interesting things here.

1. JPL was their consultant for the show.
2. JPL is building a remote based on the Starfury to use on the space station and shuttle.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
B5 was the best Sci-fi series ever aired, the whole on going story arc was amazing. i can still remember watching in amazement when kosh revealed himself to save sheriden and thinking my god thats what he looks like.

it's a shame it not being shown any more, all we have it repeats of sg-1 , voyager and enterprize. come on sci-fi channel pull your finger out

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join