It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone get these type of migraines??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I was just wondering whether any one has, or suffers from "Vascular" Migraines??
Last Sunday night, after being in bed for around 5 minutes, my right arm all of a sudden went completely numb and extremely weak.This felt extremely weird, and so I sat up and tried to tell my Fiance which was when I found I couldn't talk properly (very slurred) and the right side of my face was slack. This scared the cr*p out of me as I thought it was a stroke or something, this lasted about five or so minutes (wasn't really timing it!!), with my arm, then voice,then face recovering.
Seeing as my Grandmother died of a stroke related incident. I though it would be best to get myself to the hospital...
After 2 days in there with a barrage of tests,namely Echo cardiogram,ultrasound of arteries in the neck, CAT scan and an MRI, the doctor tells me it was a vascular Migraine?!He didn't seem terribly concerned about them, but he wasn't the one who thought he was about to shuffle off to the big blue yonder.

I am a 32 year old non-smoker/non-drinker and was wondering if any one has had, or gets these types of migraines, and could maybe shed some light on the topic.

I appreciate any input

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Don't know if you've already read these or not, but here's a little information. I personally suffer from Sinus Migraines, and have only rarely had other kinds. Never had anything as bad as you had though.

www.healthsystem.virginia.edu...
www.wehelpwhathurts.homestead.com...
health.allrefer.com...

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
thats for replying, and for the links.The thing that is concerning me is that i didn't have ANY symptoms before it happened, one of the sites mentions things like zigzag/flashing lines, loss of vision ect, and i didn't experience any thing of that nature,not even a slight head ache. And being quite active,Mountain / Motorbiking,diving ect it is disconcerting to think that it could happen at any time without warning(imagining myself 18mtrs under and it happens or riding down a trail----scary)

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That is pretty scary. I've heard of other people that suddenly get nailed by things like this with no symptoms. My mother almost died, and spent three weeks in the ICU, two of them in a drug induced coma, with septic shock, MRSA, and Pneumonia. Until she collapsed the day they rushed her to the hospital, her only symptom was that she felt a little bit run down. No fever, no chills, no vomiting. One minute she was standing, the next she was lying on the floor and couldn't get up.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomis
Last Sunday night, after being in bed for around 5 minutes

What position were you in? Were you lying on your side?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hi umanohone,
I had just gotten into bed and was laying on my left side, with my right arm draped over my fiance. I hadn't laid on my back or right side at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I can understand why it worried you. I think if it happened to me I would have freaked out as well. I have never heard of those before.If I was in your shoes I think I would get a second opinion.I have had migraines for years.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with Cluster headaches (years ago when I still believed in medical doctors) which are a form of vascular headache. I went through hell from teen years through my early twenties. The headaches were accompanied by numbness in my hands, blurred and double vision, slurred speach and disorientation. As I became more health conscious I found that I could prevent most of them through diet and keeping my system detoxified. These headaches are defense against un-natural things in our bodies (chemicals, preservatives, dyes, medications etc). Keeping the liver healthy and cleansed is important. If I am not disciplined enough to eat right, the headaches return as a painful reminder to get back on track. My sister has the same problem even now but she doesn't listen to me and suffers daily migraines.....as she's washing down her prescription medication that doesn't work with diet pop filled with toxins.

new topics

top topics

join