It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I cant help but getting the feeling the world as we know it is coming to an end. A new era of humanity is issuing in and i dont know if this is a good thing or bad one. Aliens bringing us into the next step of evolution? NWO taking over the world. Nuclear war? The coming of Christ? Whatever it may be i think something....change is coming to our planet very soon. So what is your opinion?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Eternal]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
After witnessing change in the world, especially over the last 10 years, politically, socially - and especially - environmentally, I would have to agree. Exactly what "change" means is the interesting question. Some postulate a spiritual awakening of sorts, or enviromental catastrophe, or even a 'pole shift'. When one combines the reality of enviromental extremes with the intuition of impending change that so many of us feel, the obvious conclusion is that whatever the future holds, it will be a paradigm shift from present reality.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I disagree, but I do so with guarded caution. The reason why I disagree with the notion that a major change is poised to occur is the fact that similar notions have been put forward for as long as we can remember. Genuine, paradigm-shifting change, whilst possible, is so rare as to preclude it from happening in a given generation.

It is easy to look at events occurring in the world and feel as though we are on the cusp of some kind of major event. Just looking back at the last 5 years, we have experienced a series of significant events which have indeed changed the world, albeit in a less dramatic fashion then that which I think you are talking about. The year 2000 and the dawn of a new millennium brought to the surface every millennial end of the world fear we have harboured since the year 1000. Even without the threat of the shifting millennium, the simple act of entering the 21st century heightened expectations that significant change may occur. Speaking personally, I felt a great swell of optimism during the 2000 celebrations. We had made it to this milestone year and we had not destroyed ourselves. The future seemed bright.

But then came 2001 and the 9/11 attacks. I am firmly of the belief that these attacks and the events which ensued are intimately linked to suggestions of imminent major change. Prior to 9/11, I did not believe that sudden, drastic changes in the world were possible. I viewed change as something that took place gradually and had never witnessed truly violent, overnight change on a grand scale. As I sat watching the scenes in America unfold, I was struck, as were all those around me, with the surreal quality of the experience. Everybody I spoke to said the same thing: "It's like a movie". And it was, albeit a nightmarish movie made all too real.

I remember sitting in my lounge room on the morning of 9/11, after the attacks. We still did not know how many were dead, who had committed the attacks, what the response would be and the news was reporting that explosions were taking place in Afghanistan. This later proved to be an attack by the Northern Alliance on the Taliban, but we did not know that at the time. At that instant, I truly felt that massive, violent world change was possible. My friend, who is very practical and level-headed, declared that "It's like the whole world is going to hell". At that moment, I believed that this was truly possible (not in any literal sense, of course).

After 9/11 came the invasion of Iraq and the War on Terror and all that has unfolded since - the Boxing Day Tsunami, the oil crisis, Katrina, the situation with Iran. People have been shaken from the pre-2001 notion that sudden dramatic change is impossible. I personally am more prepared to accept that radical change can take place quite suddenly.

So why do I not believe that a truly major paradigm shift is imminent? Because, as horrific as the changes and events that have unfolded since 2001 have been, they are far from being truly Earth-shattering (in the way that a second American revolution would be, for example, or a major war between the super-powers, or official contact with an alien race). Events such as these are truly rare and I am certain that every generation thought that theirs was somehow special or that "now was the time". So I shall continue to believe that no major change is about to take place and shall then express a lack of surprise when it does.

[edit on 23/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The world is changing, it is meant to change. I have noticed too, in the past years the way things are being viewd has changed. People in general have a much more open mind to things, and i feel that soon enough people will realise that we have to find our own peace before there can be world peace.

2012? Its been happening ever so slightly for the past few decades, Ive been blessed enough to enter the scene on the nearing to ascention. Peace is coming! Christ is coming, if he comes as a person he will bring peace, and if he does not enter as form his existance in us will simply flurish, and those who dont believe wont need to, as you dont need to believe the truth!

So peeps, relax, dont listen to those telling you about a destructive future. We dont live in the future, we live in the present! The gift! Knowing this beyond belief will plant the seeds to happyness, joy, love, and peace. Every moment you live is life. Life is the meaning of life, so there is no question! Just live and be happy, if you are not happy, deal with your problems and move on.

"Freedom" is only from the mind, we are free, we have what we need; Life.

Thanks for reading, im glad other people feel change. Theres nothing to be scared of. :-)
Woodsy
18 today woo!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't really believe that the time we are living in now is any different then say...20 or even a 100 years ago...

The differerent now is that we have a global net. We know things when they happen. I have my phone with me at all times. If say some importain place was bombed I would know it within max 10 min. Why? Because I would get a SMS or email or I would see it online on my phone, tv, computer.....

We dident have this 10 years ago. Atleast not as fast. As my mom said to me one day many years ago.. The world look so different from when I was young. There is so much violence and other things going on.. Well... As I said, we know when things happens..when they happen. Hell even a minor murder can be around the world in minutes...

And then we come to places like ATS that in some cases tend to "overblow" things and make conspirisies(sp?), that in no case sometimes is true, but also make things look alot worse (or better) then they really is.

What I'm really saying here is that while some of the things we see here on bts and ats is true, I also tend to believe that we make to much out of many things.
2012? I would newer have heard about it if I havent found this website. Hell(yeah I know..But I swear alot..and is being told so on daily) I have heard tons and tons of different theories on what it might bring... But the worst of them tend to live the longest....

The world is always changeing. I don't believe that Christ is comming or a a Anti christ is here allready or even is comming. Things might happen that some will some will look upon as a Anti whatever.. But...

As with all living creatures, I believe that we are really just born, try and make or "line" go on and then die.... As sad or good as it is.

Only thing I really believe is that...if we don't kill ourself we will oneday discover the "secret" to being sentient and be able to either creating "flesh" beings from scrats that are smarter then us or make robots that can think for themself. Only thing I hope when/if that happens is that we make them "feel" like humans, so they know what joy, pain and love is. Or that will be the end to humans...........

The world is not ending. Well...Atleast the earth is not ending.. I don't believe humans are capable of destroying the earth...just yet... Rid it of our self...yes...but completly destroying it..no..ยจ

The earth will keep turning for a long time yet...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its already begun and there is nothing you can do about it!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Us CHANGELINGS will rule the world!!!!

First we have taken over your super powers President, and the Secretary of State, tomorrow Congress, and then the WORLD!!! MUAHAHAHAHAAA!

Look at this picture, how can you deny she is a CHANGELING?!?!

SHAPESHIFTERS UNITE!!

[edit on 23-9-2005 by skippytjc]

new topics

top topics

join