It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earths' magnetic switch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The earth has experienced a few magnetic pole shifts in our planets infancy.(FACT) There is a theory that the dinosaurs where extinguished by such an event. The hurricanes WILL have more activity in the coming years.... Our nation should concentrate on either a better energy source, or we should stop acting like we can rebuild coastal cities in direct aim of a hurriace. This year is not a fluke! It will happen again next year...just worse...and so on...This is not due to global warming, it is associated with the solar system itself. I provide no links in ecouragement of your own ability to research! I do not beleive in laziness! ........................response welcome!!!

[edit on 22-9-2005 by eyeballkid]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If you have done any reserach (google) what are your thoughts? MODERATORS? This is real...I realize this is not a "fun" to talk about, but it is real...we are in the middle of a magnetic shift that will produce devastating storms... DISCUSSION PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeballkid
If you have done any reserach (google) what are your thoughts? MODERATORS?

Yes?

Don't be so demanding... give people time.

And could you please expand on your theory regarding this hurricane activity being the result of magentic pole shift as opposed to global warming?

You brought it up, I expect you to provide links in support of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeballkid
If you have done any reserach (google) what are your thoughts? MODERATORS? This is real...I realize this is not a "fun" to talk about, but it is real...we are in the middle of a magnetic shift that will produce devastating storms... DISCUSSION PLEASE!

Start your research here...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
[QUOTE]
According to Glatzmaier, the ongoing 10% decline doesn't mean that a reversal is imminent. "The field is increasing or decreasing all the time," he says. "We know this from studies of the paleomagnetic record." Earth's present-day magnetic field is, in fact, much stronger than normal. The dipole moment, a measure of the intensity of the magnetic field, is now 8 x 1022 amps x m2. That's twice the million-year average of 4 x 1022 amps x m2.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah... um, that kinda puts a hole in that "It's gonna flip and we're all gonna die" theory.

new topics

top topics

join