It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology News Regarding Computer Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

PODcast: Technology News Regarding Computer Security
A new program has been developed to turn the sound of keyboard key strokes back into the original text being typed.

length: 04:03
file: atspodcast_327.mp3
size: 2849k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As promised in the PODcast here are a couple links to this report.

security.itworld.com...

www.computerworld.com...

Google Search

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"Type quietly"....LMAO - The TQ rebellion has begun!!

Yeah man! I saw this on the news a couple days ago! How weird is that?!?!?!

I can see it now...My office buddies standing around the water cooler, keenly listening in on my conversation....while I type....

"Yeah John, listen in - I've got an A-R-E....I think a Y or maybe a T...O...U....B-R....I? N-G-I-N-G....apostrophe....M-A....R-Y...U? A-N-E...Question mark...

Wait..."Are you bringing mary jane?!"

Give him a pink slip Fred"

But seriously...I mean - Who needs this?! Don't they have programs that record keystrokes that will run in the background...If you're so paranoid that you have to know every keystroke of your employees, then skip the "keyboard clicking" classes and just buy the program - Not that I endorse that either though...lol

I'm buying one of those quiet keyboards...I feel sorry for those people with keyboards that go CLICK CLICK CLICK....

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How about making circles around wallstreet with a laser mic until they get a good signal(like a Pwd being typed out) then they watch and wait for any juicy information. It is definately easier said then done though as you would need to be very patient. CIA probably has known of this technique for a long time I'm sure of it as the science is rather cut and dry when you think about it. As long as you know the orientation of the Keyboard in relation to your mic, lots of mischief is possible. The next generation of Wardriving is here WarMicDriving WMD

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am trying to find information on ensuring privacy while surfing the internet. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Information that people have implemented on their systems to ensure that no malware, viruses, hackers can enter their system.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by u89739824]

top topics

join