It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wise man has spoken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"We got it right in Malaya to defeat the communist terrorist insurgency; wrong in Vietnam and according to some, partially wrong in Iraq," he said

Achieving victory in a counter-insurgency conflict demanded time and patience measured in years, junior leadership of a high order and discrimination and precision in the use of force.

Human intelligence and large numbers of very well-trained troops and police were also essential for success. "There is one inescapable indicator as to how effective a counter-insurgency strategy is, and that is the volume and accuracy of human intelligence that is forthcoming from the local population.

Link

What can I say this short article sums up my point of view better then I could. Those who fail to learn from there mistakes are doomed to repeat. If your going to post something along the lines of its the liberal media fault or the Anti American BS dont bother posting. Such statements wont hold up against the facts.

The first step towards winning the war in Iraq is admitting that mistakes have been made. The war in Iraq is still winable but reality has to over ride political considerations and personal egos.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
should we really be listening to a man who also has this to say?

On the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, for example, Jeffery said: "Baser instincts are titillated in the television displays of events like the Mardi Gras, where the colour and spectacle of fancy dress camouflages a public display of simulated homosexual activity and the degradation of traditional religions in the name of humour."

He also said: "A British study found a direct statistical link between single parenthood and virtually every type of major crime, including mugging, violence against strangers, car theft and burglary. And the same is true... in Western Australia."

what a complete idiot

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The guy is the ex-Commander of the Australian SAS. I think he knows a thing or two about dealing with a counter insurgency. I agree that the above quote is absolutely ridiculous. But what does the gay and lesbian mardi gra have to do with Iraq? You are going to dismiss what he says because of this?

That would make you an idiot.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

On the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, for example, Jeffery said: "Baser instincts are titillated in the television displays of events like the Mardi Gras, where the colour and spectacle of fancy dress camouflages a public display of simulated homosexual activity and the degradation of traditional religions in the name of humour."

He also said: "A British study found a direct statistical link between single parenthood and virtually every type of major crime, including mugging, violence against strangers, car theft and burglary. And the same is true... in Western Australia."

Hi arnold_vosloo,

Do you have a link to these quotes? I would like to read the full article(s) for my own interest.

Sanc'.

Edit: BB Code

[edit on 23-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
hehe I got a warn for that. For saying that disregarding what the GG says because of his opinion on a totally unrelated topic would make you an idiot. Not that you are an idiot. Plus it was playing off the comment at the end of Arnold's post.

Way to go mirthful me.

top topics

join