It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender Eradication

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The following is simply a theory of possible events in the future. I am wondering if such a society could function and if it would be possible for a group to create.

Now, this society would function on the premise of total gender isolation. Males and females would live in totally separated worlds and never, ever have contact. Also, in addition to this, the people of these societies, from birth, would be conditioned to the effect that they would not know what the term gender meant or that the opposite sex exists anywhere. Bilogy would be twisted to agree with this, and any natural urges or desires would be conciously supressed by conditioning. Reproduction would be handled separately and would not be considered important to the citizens of this world, as the governement would have total control over their lives through harsh indoctrination and total removal from outside concepts and words.

This means supression of many primative desires, the most obvious being sex, but could this occur with the proper amount of conditioning and tactics on the part of the controllers?

Would you consider this better than our current situation?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
did you just go through a tough break-up ?

so who raises the kids ?

my guppies have an amazing adaptation...the females carry sperm from the male in the bodies after a single mating encounter, and pump out frye for up to a year !

maybe we can live with annual mating rites ?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Reproduction is handled seperately by either a few couples producting the offspring for the society or simply in a lab, and the child is raised by the society from a baby, taught what everyone else has been taught.

And no Im perfectly serious.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
ok, other than your curiosity, what's the benefit or purpose of this arrangement ?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
....okay,

care to explain your theory a little bit more??

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
for some reason, I kind of doubt it....
a totalitarian society, or one that is overly controlling, usually has some kind of pecking order so even the pions can take comfort in the fact that they rule. thus, the historical purpose of women!!! and well, the family unit, with mom bowing to the king of HIS CASTLE, serves as an early learning tool for the kiddies to accept having to bow down to his future lords.

maybe clones could take the place of women?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The purpose is the eradication of sex and the establishment of a society free of primative desires and promoting the individual to be remembered by doing something great or helpful to the society. Without basic urges one is freed to higher thinking.

BTW, this is perfectly equal for both genders, as they are raised the same way, with the same supressive conditioning but as far as they see it, they are people, and not females or males.

This means perfect gender equality as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes, it could be done. No, I don't think it would be an improvement. Yes, I think it would create new problems. No, I don't think it would solve the ones we already have.

But if you decide to go ahead with it, may I suggest genetic alteration of the subject population to completely remove gender altogether?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How would you explain to children, where they came from?

How would you teach biology?

What would you teach about non-human biology and reproduction?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Um, I dunno bout ya'll but don't men/women love seeing each other??

I mean I dunno if it would be worth living if I could not go out in spring/summer and see all those beautifu specimens in thier halter tops and mini skirts

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
In biology there is a phenomenon known as 'meiotic drive' , in which some chromosomes are able to get themselves into the next generation with a much higher frequency than normal, I beleive that its normally accomplished by increasing their representation amoung the gametes (sperm, eggs). Apparently, this drive can be powerful enough that the genes on that chromosome (or rather their alleles) can be 'driven to fixation' in the population, meaning everyone has them, and then this can lead to the extinction of the population, because we're talking about an entire chromosome being invariant here.

Imagine if something similar happened with the human X chromosome, such that sperms and eggs had extra copies of X, such that any fetus was, rather than merely XX or XY (female or male respectively), XXY or XXX and the like, or imagine that this somehow worked out such that the Y chromosome (the male-maker) went extinct.

Indeed, if the two sexes are seprated and equally cared for and production of new individuals occurs thru something other than simple sperm fertilizing eggs, then the 'male' type becomes unimportant, and the sex will fade away (because without selection pressure to maintain it, the Y will accumulate errors and be useless).

Then again, the same thing would happen with the X chromosome, if the technology is removing the fertilization and development of individuals far away enough from the normal procedure, and the female 'type' would go extinct and the population would eventually just be sexless genderless mutants.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
you say if we free ourselves from the basic urges, we could achieve more...

I'd suggest you read galapagos by kurt vonnegut. I'm not sure our big brains are a good thing...in the book a group of people are stranded on an island, and the rest of the world is destroyed. Over a million years, this small group of people evolve into having small skulls, because they have resorted to catching food by swimming like a marine iguana, and a more streamlined skull is better than a big brain.

in the book, they are in constant bliss, they eat, sun themselves, take a nap, eat , sun themsleves etc etc etc

[edit on 22-9-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
some like that may happen if homos take over the world. the scarry is that some of the techonolgy mentoined is quiet possble. That sounds worse than vulcans go thourgh. That saneroi sounds like something out of Goerge Lucaus's THX-1138

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
No amount of conditioning and tactics on the part of the controllers could manage to prevent the controllers themselves, from indulging in their passions with the children and others. Too tempting for those in power not to.

Who would ensure the traumatized child did not practice what he learned on others - including the other children? Who would protect the child, the elite rapist?

No, the child may murder, rape pillage and thus leading to more and more of the same - bad plan

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Something that must be done to create a new world order in the USA, it is the lack of gasoline in the USA due to something natural to avoid people fleeing with their cars. So if there is no petrol anywhere, people can't flee.

Something else, Alex jones is saying that there is an operation in washington dc from a secret unit that could be searching for WMD and that bush is going to a safe place in colorado for falses reasons, because he want to be at the center operations in colorado. So maybe the government suspect an American Hiroshima this week-end?

And alex jones is very funny!

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Nature might be doing this on its own for males atleast.

On the right is the male chromosome Y needed to make a male and to make sperm. On the right is a female chromosome X. They use to be the same size but the male chromosome has been shrinking and still is.

The the Y chromosome has lost most of it genes. If it disappear altogether no more men.

Some geneticists think the Y chromosome is now little more than a genetic wasteland that will eventually just disappear. If that were to happen, it would certainly spell the end of sexual reproduction.

www.npr.org...

Theres already a type of Whiptail lizards (New Mexico Whiptail) that have gotten rid of all males. The females reproduce by giving birth to genetic clones of themselves.

Scientists understand only partially how this reproductive mode developed, and it raises many questions

www.amnh.org... expeditions/treasure_fossil/Treasures/Unisexual_Whiptail_Lizards/lizards.html?50

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You do know that "Gender Eradication" results in creating the perfect society? thats what the Nazi's and Facists tried doing...and failed.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Vitchilo, you didnt even read the thread, and are just mouthing your opinion about a totally different subject.

realrepublican, the people in this society would be raised from birth in a controlled world, and thus would never come into contact with the more degenerate faces of human nature, as they are not concepts in their brains.

infinite, regardless of who sought it, is the concept itself possible and benefitical is the real question.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

realrepublican, the people in this society would be raised from birth in a controlled world, and thus would never come into contact with the more degenerate faces of human nature, as they are not concepts in their brains

Not possible because the brain and mind are two different things completely. You can injure the brain but the mind is not subject ONLY to the material. Those people who can raise their consciousness through understanding those experiences through the Kabala (aka Tree of Life) and/or self-realization, many incarnating on the earth now having these abilities, would not allow themselves to be controlled like an animal. They would rebel and the system would collapse upon its materialistically based constructs.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think that in theory, you could pull this off, albeit with extreme difficulty and tons of work. However, I see no real gain, and a lot of damage occurring to society as a result.

(slightly off topic)

Originally posted by Nygdan
Imagine if something similar happened with the human X chromosome, such that sperms and eggs had extra copies of X, such that any fetus was, rather than merely XX or XY (female or male respectively), XXY or XXX and the like

Actually, this can happen.

XXY

XXX

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join