It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: La Official Hoards Storm Donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Cases of food, clothing tools were found in the home of an official in charge of distributing the donations. Police have been receiving reports that city officials were hording the supplies. After receiving a tip, police searched the home of Cedric Floyd who is in-charge of day-to-day operations in Kenner

www.foxnews.com
BATON ROUGE, La. — Police found cases of food, clothing and tools intended for hurricane victims at the home of the chief administrative officer for a New Orleans suburb, authorities said Wednesday.

Officers searched Cedric Floyd's (search) home because of complaints that city workers were helping themselves to donations for hurricane victims. Floyd, who runs the day-to-day operations in the suburb of Kenner, was in charge of distributing the goods.

Police plan to seek a charge of committing an illegal act as a public official against Floyd, and more charges against other city workers are possible, police Capt. Steve Caraway said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Echos of the Oilf for Food Scandal that has hit the UN so harshly has now been repeated here in the US. What bothers me is that Floyd has not been arrested yet and the police are only seeking charges against the man.
If this crime had been commited by another than a city official, they would have been arrested on the spot.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just goes to show you that what a number of people have been saying about the corruption in NOLA and LA is true. I think you jump to an unwarranted conclusion in your closing statement. We don't know how an ordinary citizen would have been treated? I voted up on this one anyway.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That's usually the outcome when you throw money and donations at a corrupted government such as in New Orleans.

Keyword here is kleptocracy...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Kenner police get arrest warrant for city's CAO

www.wwltv.com...

top topics

join