It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody watched "Invasion"???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
C'mon... A show about glowing little creatures, sucked up by a big hurricane, and then infesting people "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" style, and one of the characters is a PCT (Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist)? This is right up our alley!

Not to mention timing....right when the third most powerful storm in recorded history threatens the Gulf coast....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I watched it and I am very interested as to where they steer the series.
It seems a bit too much on the "Body Snatcher " angle for me though.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Damn, I tried to start a thread but it wouldn't take.

Yeah, I liked it. Had a good pace. We know something is up with 3 people and the two main guys know something is up too.

As for Dave the PCT...he has a blog right here:
abc.go.com...

I checked it last night. So far I have liked Threshold and this show. As long as they don't conflict with Smallville, Battlestar and Deadwood...I have no problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The show was a little slow for me. I wanted to see something more than slime on a skeleton and lights in the Hurricane. I wonder when the filmed this episode? Creepy that they have the hurricane as a central part of the plot.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i watched the show. i really liked it. and that little girl is sooooo adorable. i think she is the same girl that was in the movie dark water.

anyway, between lost and that show wednesday nights rock now

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I didnt watch it, although seeing the commercials for it make me want to vomit on the plot.

The plot

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I watched it, and wasn't overly impressed. It was alright, but too slow for my tastes.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I watched it, it was good, going to watch this wednesday to see if I really like it.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Slow is right...gotta agree there. I'm giving it another night though, as I can grant that the first one has to establish characters, etc.

It was planned and filmed WAY before Katrina....in case anyone was wondering. We even talked about it here on BTS ages ago. There is a slew of alien themed shows coming on this fall for some odd reason (just another cog in the cycle it seems), as every so often they try a few such shows. Most die a quick and silent death...even the good ones like Dark Skies, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have found the show pretty interesting so far. With last nights episode, it threw out what I thought it would be about.
I at first thoght that it was an update to the old Body Snatcher movie, now though I beleive that it has a whole different theme. Here are some predictions I have made about the series and how it will progress
1) the invasion is not from an out of this world alien species. The aliens are terrestrial in origion.

The reason that I think this is if you remember the opening of the first show, there was an aircraft flying through the eye f the hurricane (which has low pressure) when there is an explosion of lights from under the ocean which takes out the plane.
In the teaser for next week there was a sound bite that refers to a blood sample sent to a lab that was "contaminated". The lab tech sayed that most likely the test tube may have been used earlier and had not been sterilized before reuse as the sample contained whale or dolphin DNA.

2) the "aliens" not only have oceanic mammal characteristics but the "bite" marks that they make are extrememly similar to those that leeches make.

3) This go round at Homestead is not the first man - "alien" encounter. Most likely it has happened at least one time before (recent) at Homestead. The first "victim" was the sheriff. Reason for this is that he seems to have been more comforstable with the change and other "victims" do as he tells them.

4) The body that was found. It will most likely prove out to be the sherrif's No real reason for this just a feeling.

5) The military has encountered these aliens before which explains the USAF diver being found there, and why his wife thought that he was deployed somewhere over seas.

6) The aliens seem to do one of two methods to take over / replace a person.
they seem to do a body snatcher type scenario but it also seems that they sometimes do a mind control deal similar to the 1994 Puppet Masters movie.
Be interesting to see how many of these pan out.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I tend to agree...

I think you're right on the money with this being a sentient terrestrial entity.

Also, last night solidified that the military has encountered this before.

Whale or Dolphin DNA, lamprey like marks, etc. all contribute to an aquatic species, as do the ray-like glowing shapes under the water.

I'm thinking that the creatures are kind of like parasites, but that the sheriff, as ringleader, can control how much the parasite can "take over"... In this episode, we saw the wife have more control over her actions, even showing her ex, our hero, the barb...(wouldn't exactly do that if completely taken over). Also, the little girl seemed more comfortable with her. Whereas the priest looked completely dominated, perhaps even an older controlled one like the sheriff. (makes sense, as both are in positions of community leadership).

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I agree that there is the parasitic part. similar to the Puppet Masters.
I think there is more though to the little girl's acceptance of the mother.
There is something there that the story has not let us in on yet. Just like who is the informant? The one that told the military about the body in the trunk?
As you know, it look liked the sheriff was surprised to learn about the military patrol. He even had his second start calling the military base commander as soon as he heard about it. I also don't think that the "aliens" knew about the body or even cared about it. It is more likely that the military has an inside informant that one of the brothers know (I beleive that it is the conspiracy one).

I am really wanting to see how they play this out. If they do it right it could be very good.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i wont watch it...i think it looks dumb. ill just stick with battle star

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I finally just watched the first 2 episodes and thought they were great. I'll definitely be watching this from now on.

[edit on 10/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Quite a night of revelations... We learned that the ring belonged to the Sheriff (or perhaps his wife) (from the note on the back of the picture).

The Sheriff lets the reporter in on the Key Largo base of operations, search for the missing weather plane, and they see some biohazard boxes being loaded up.

We learn that whatever happens to the victims, their blood is altered to have more hemoglobin (like a whale or dolphin), facilitating longer submersion, as the mom obviously starts longing for the water life.

I agree there's something weird about the girl's sudden acceptance of the "new" mommy...something we missed there I suppose.

The military is the likely culprit behind the missing body. Remember they came upon them by the trunk and all, so it's natural to assume that they would have checked it out, found the body, and removed it.

There's some kind of larvae too, by our PCT's place, in the puddle.

We still have to see if the son is now infected, as he was attacked. I'm guessing no, otherwise her blood probably would have been ok. At least the ranger saw the creature though too, so now he believes.

top topics

join