It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Death -- what do we do to stop it people ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Is that all there is to our people -- death and destruction ? Our Children -- their Children, where does this hatred end. And..what can be done now to stop it ?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The human species isn't as complex and as important as the world makes it out to be, the majority of the people on the Earth are simple, they're born, learn, have kids then die. they're happy with the life, but some manage to break from the cycle and decide something should be done. However, democracies these days don't actually listen to the people and do what they want. not good really, takes something spectacular to change that, cos they all seem to have their own agenda :S theres probly some possibilities, but i'd imagine they'd have been tried before now. ya never know! good luck anyway!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder that if everyone had the same as in personal belongings ie. house, car, children, etc... would they want more? The answer to that question is a resounding yes, simply because there will never cease to be a shortage of greedy people. I do think greed does qualify as one of the most underrated sins. I was doing the dishes this morning and I was just thinking of the subject and I saw this post and said it must have been for me.
I was questioning myself about life and family. My first thought was towards myself. I'm not rich and I'm pretty laid back. I do not need for much and I am relitively happy with my life. I am happy with what I own because I had to work smart for it. Now my dad is just the opposite. He is one who would not be happy with knowing he only has10-15 million in the bank for him and my stepmother from hell to live on. He actually would want more and would do anything he could to get it. He is in my opinion greedy. How many people on the face of this earth would cut off an arm or a leg just to eat what they throw away after dinner?. It breaks my heart to see this, but hey, it's his life.
I do think also, that as long as there is greed in the grand scheme of things, there are always going to be the ones who are not satisfied with what they have and do what it takes to get it; and if that means death for someone to gain from, it shall be unless the big guy upstairs decides to drop in and show his hand.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
>Is that all there is to our people -- death and destruction ?

Only if we choose to be nothing more.

>where does this hatred end.

Right here. Right now. For each and every single individual.

It's really very simple. All we have to do is: stop.

Understand that it is not possible to coerce another individual to choose to not kill, choose to not hate, choose to not destroy...and it is generally not helpful to try. It must be a collective choice that each of us makes individually. You cannot decide for me, I cannot decide for you.

We must all choose for ourselves.

The forces which oppose us seek to turn us against one another. They seek to use our own energies upon us. And they're doing a pretty good job of it. It would make no difference who gave the order to kill if only the people who received it simply refused to obey. That's all it would take. There would be no more death.

Choose to not kill.

Choose to not destroy.

And finally...remind others that no matter what they are asked, told, demanded or commanded to do...it is, and always will be their own decision and their own responsibility to make their own choice.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, to say "Raise up and do something" would be to instigate a civil war and be accused of AntiAmericanism rage. You could be picked up by the feds...
SO, its easier just to let it happen.

top topics

join