It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Forget Cindy. Remember...What's His Name?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Good OP/ED!

But...

Cindy Sheehan is already all washed up, she has her big Washington speech is scheduled for Saturday just after Rita hits Texas. The contrast of these people following her attacking our troops while they're out saving lives there will be quite illuminating.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You're right. Her influence is waning because her rhetoric has become irresponsible and she is alienating politicians on both sides of the isle and her connection to Moveon.org has been a red flag since day one.

Hence, there is no better time to remember and honor Casey. The opinion piece is really about him. I just couldn't find a way to address Casey without dealing in some way with his mother's antics.

[edit on 2005/9/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Good OP/ED!

But...

Cindy Sheehan is already all washed up, she has her big Washington speech is scheduled for Saturday just after Rita hits Texas. The contrast of these people following her attacking our troops while they're out saving lives there will be quite illuminating.

Wow! Cindy is attacking troops now? That will definately lessen her support, unless, it's not true. I mean, I Googled, I could not find one bad word she had to say about our troops on the ground. Is there an advance copy of her speech floating around on the net?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
[Wow! Cindy is attacking troops now?

Of course she is, what else would you call holding a protest outside of Walter Reed?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm not trying to suggest here what should and should not be spoken.

I suppose what I meant to suggest is isn't it already being beaten to death Muaddib? I suppose there's more to come as well. ATSrs should also be able to adjust the subject matter..

Dallas

EDIT: I also mean people can register 187 contributing post news articles and what was posted? News Articles.
But other Members like yourself can alter your thoughts to fit what's right.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
How do you know he was deceived? It is very likely, given what we know about his life and his commitment to his nation, he served willingly, even though he didn't understand the political nuances as astutely as the superior intellects who inhabit this board.

The point here is not what he thought, or whether he thought he was doing his country a service. The point is that he WASN'T doing his country a service. He was doing the cabal a service. The entire invasion was a sham, he was deceived, and his death was pointless. Poor lad.

Perhaps, he understood the meaning of "duty, honor, country."

This whole "duty, honor, country" catch-cry, used as it is to justify any act of bloody imperialism on the part of a corrupt government, is absolutely meaningless and empty when the duty is unjust, there is dishonor in the act, and you are not defending your country.

Perhaps, he had a spine.

Fighting an illegal, unjust war for no other reason than to help a few elite, whose sons will never fight, get fatter and richer does not constitute having a spine. It means you are cannon fodder; an unthinking, mindless pawn, invading a sovereign country and slaughtering those who defend it and their families, and then dying needlessly yourself. That's does not constitute "having a spine" - it's deserving of pity.

What is more important than remembering Casey's name is remembering his sacrifice. When duty called he answered. He served proudly and died nobly for a cause greater than himself.

Wrong. His sacrifice was in vain. He answered to duty because he was deceived. He did not die nobly for a cause greater than himself; he died for a cause that a few men invented to line their own pockets in exchange for his blood and the blood of thousands. What is this great cause you keep talking about, Grady? I laid out the three reasons for the war, all of them bogus, and you didn't answer one of them, you just keep going on about "duty". If he was commanded to massacre thousands of innocent children and he "stood up and did his duty", would you still be repeating this "don't think, just kill" mantra? Because that's basically what you're saying here - that the cause is irrelevant, all that matters is the duty. The American government is out of control, and duty, honor and country have no meaning when tyrants give the orders. Nazi soldiers did their duty too, and the same propaganda worked just as well on them. I don't see you honoring Nazis who died defending their friends while they invaded Poland.

Hence, there is no better time to remember and honor Casey. The opinion piece is really about him. I just couldn't find a way to address Casey without dealing in some way with his mother's antics.

Bollocks. If this is not about Cindy Sheehan, then why did you pick Casey out of all those that have died? Why don't you remember them in your Op/Ed? Who do you think you're fooling? Of course you meant this to be about her. This is a transparent attempt to try to make her look bad, to infer that she cares not for her son and only cares for politics, to disparage, and to assassinate the character of someone who cares more about the death of her son than you ever will, far more indeed than your diaphanous ATSNN tribute could ever hope to convey, and who has made a mother's ultimate sacrifice to a bloody invasion that should never have been.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV

It's ironic that you use a book of peace to prop up your pro-war stance. One could quote anything from the Bible to make a point, but that does not mean that Cindy is wrong, or that Casey died for a "greater cause". Here's one to convey my feelings toward your Op/Ed==>"My bowels, my bowels!" Jeremiah 4:19 KJV

Casey died defending his brothers when none of them should have been there in the first place - a moment's nobility in an ignoble war. If you honestly, truly want to honor him, then stand up and do something to oust the criminals who sent him to shed his blood for their evil cause. Otherwise you're just another mouthpiece for the cabal.

[edit on 2005-9-22 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Perhaps, he understood the meaning of "duty, honor, country." Perhaps, he had a spine.

What is more important than remembering Casey's name is remembering his sacrifice. When duty called he answered. He served proudly and died nobly for a cause greater than himself. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin,
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling fromt eh froth-corrupted lungs
Bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desparate glory,
The old lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

-Wilfren Owen d.1918

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

EDIT: I also mean people can register 187 contributing post news articles and what was posted? News Articles.
But other Members like yourself can alter your thoughts to fit what's right.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Dallas]

What in the world are you talking about?...

The 144 contributions I have done have all been news articles. Never have I started an op/ed that I recall. The articles that I post are all news. Do I post my opinion on the news?...of course, it is part of the submission requirements.....

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Isn't it odd though how this patriotism and honor in war and glorified death, through the sacrifice of a life is not something the politicians choose for their children? No their children go off to college, their children if they do join the service end up in some cushy job at the pentagon or maybe flying planes around Texas.

But why is it we all hear this malarkey about sacrifice and honor through dying and fighting for our country and how great that is from our politicians the very ones who refuse to send their own.

And how do they pay us back for that sacrifice these soldiers make by being brave enough to go, they send them in without adequate body armor, when they get hurt they the vets have to fight for care while these politicians cut benefits but yet sing the praises of dying for their country, the same country these rich arrogant people refuse to fight for, look at all of the Bush Administration, also these republican pundits (chickenhawks who got deferrment after deferrment) and one has to wonder where they get off even thinking they are fit to work as dog catchers for the pound, much less lead our country.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin,
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling fromt eh froth-corrupted lungs
Bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desparate glory,
The old lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

-Wilfren Owen d.1918

And if soldiers and sailors wouldn't have died defending your family, you, or even Wilfren Owen, you wouldn't be able to recite his poems, and he wouldn't be able to have written at all. There are those who are less fortunate, those noone has fought for, and because of this are not able to put in print their thoughts, or even to say them aloud.

You should be thankfull to all those soldiers and sailors because they died to defend your right to demean what they gave their life for....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
And if soldiers and sailors wouldn't have died defending your family, you, or even Wilfren Owen, you wouldn't be able to recite his poems, and he wouldn't be able to have written at all.

Save poetry! Kill an Iraqi today.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Save poetry! Kill an Iraqi today.

Perhaps you should be checking who is killing Iraqis before you make such a bold statement...

Thursday, June 30, 2005 Posted: 2009 GMT (0409 HKT)
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Insurgent attacks in the last six months have killed more than 8,000 Iraqi civilians, police and troops, according to Iraq's interior minister.

Excerpted from.
edition.cnn.com...

Iraqis dying because of rumours of one of your beloved insurgents was among them with a bomb strapped to his body....

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Deaths mounted steadily in northeast Baghdad after a massive midday Shiite religious procession erupted into a chaotic stampede Wednesday, causing the drowning and trampling deaths of 965 pilgrims.

Excerpted from.
www.cnn.com...

Were you saying something about Iraqis being killed?....

Let's see who the Iraqis are attacking...

Iraqi villagers kill 5 insurgents
By Middle East correspondent Mark Willacy

The residents of a small Iraqi village have killed five insurgents who had attacked them for voting in last weekend's national elections.

Several other insurgents were also wounded.

Excerpted from.
www.abc.net.au...

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Shopkeepers and residents on one of Baghdad's main streets pulled out their own guns Tuesday and killed three insurgents when hooded men began shooting at passers-by, giving a rare victory to civilians increasingly frustrated by the violence bleeding Iraq.

Excerpted from.
www.dailylobo.com...

Iraqi soldiers are also killing insurgents...

Iraqi commandos said yesterday that they had killed up to 84 militants during an attack with US forces on a training camp used by foreign fighters north of Baghdad.

Excerpted from.
news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/03/24/wirq24.xml

df1

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Really?.... So nobody, including Sheehan has said for our soldiers to leave Iraq?...

More manure. Sheehan is saying that our leaders should stop sacrificing our men and boys for the oil interests. You make it sound like she is against our troops. You freaking spin a web of manure on par with Rove.

Some people keep exagerating and distorting the truth.

I contend you couldnt indentify the truth if it jumped up and bit you in the ass.

First off, the US did not "made" the Taliban. The US helped the Taliban fight against the Russians..... We never ruled them, and we don't rule them now either.

Yeah right. If you believe that Ive got some lovely beach front property to sell you in the gulf.

President Bakr is the one that put him in power, not the US.

Any power that Saddam had was subsidized by the weapons and WMDs that were given him by daddy bush. Lacking U.S. weaponization he and every other leader in the middle east were just slinging camel dung at each other and were no threat to the rest of the world.

Half of the world was in cahuts with Saddam (Ironically it was France, Germany, Russia and China among some others) ripping off the Iraqis through the sanctions while allowing a dictator to remaing in power.

Everybody else is doing it, so its ok for america to do it also.

She is requesting for the coalition to leave the people of Iraq alone...

A coalition created out of the manipulation and deceit of the bush administration. As bad as saddam was, the Iraqi people are dreaming of the good old days under saddam.

That's an asinine statement...

Im just communicating on the level of my target audience, faux patriots and thier favorite news outlet faux news. If you don't mind hannity being asinine, why are you whining about it to me?

I am the one "disgusted" that there are people who think they should know every secret that is kept by the government...

Oh please stop feigning righteous indignation, this should be reserved for the righteous. And bush administration and its bootlickers ain't that.

But i think some people are too hard headed to realize this.

Being hard headed in demanding the truth is not a bad thing. Why do you guys insist on making the wanting of truth sound ignorant and evil?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Perhaps you should be checking who is killing Iraqis before you make such a bold statement...

How does showing the ridiculousness of your "you wouldn't be around to recite poetry" line constitute "a bold statement"?

Iraqis dying because of rumours of one of your beloved insurgents was among them with a bomb strapped to his body....

My "beloved insurgents"??
That's awesome! I suppose next you'll call me a "dirty terrorist-luvva". I'm amused by your attempts to divert the attention away from the fact that this entire invasion is a crime against humanity, against the Iraqis and against American soldiers, and against the people of the world by asserting, "We don't kill 'em. They kill each other!"

Were you saying something about Iraqis being killed?....

No, I was speaking about Casey Sheehan and all the rest of the deceived being sent to their needless deaths by a few evil men. Nice tangent, though...

[edit on 2005-9-22 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
(Quote) Cindy Sheehan is sublimating, in a way, her loss by charging headlong into an anti-war campaign that is the very apotheosis of selfishness and egotism. In many cases, sublimation is a healthy exercise. Many parents have used the death of a child to support a cause that not only memorializes their children's lives, but also directly affects and improves the lives of the living. Mothers Against Drunk Driving is such an effort. "America's Most Wanted" is such a project. The Amber Alert is another and the reader can come up with plenty of others, I'm sure. But, what makes Sheehan's effort so different? Isn't peace a worthy cause?

The answer is that peace is a worthy cause, but not at any cost. Peace, when it involves an unmet commitment, or when it involves a flagrantly cowardly act is not really peace, at all. It is simply a postponement of further violence....

Why is it anytime someone stands up and speaks a truth you wrong wingers don't want to hear, they are somehow being maniupliated by the "left". BULLHOOEY!!! There were and are plenty of us who were disgusted and dismayed about the shrub's rush into his sorry little war but we were egged, attacked and abused by all those who were so gung ho to go to war (so long as it wasn't them) and we are still here. With polls placing approval of the weed (no I am sorry the shrub) in the 38% precent range, and a large part of it due to his egotistic war, I hate to tell you a truth but it is you guys who are in a minority and if it weren't for 9/11 and a couple stolen elections that idiot from texas would have gone down as a grubby little footnote in history...as it stands not much has changed except that it will now be a bloody little chapter instead in the decline and fall of America.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I am just amazed that when people can't provide an iota of proof to back their statements they have to resort to insults and exagerations as always.

In the meanwhile Sheehan is dishonoring her son's death and uses his death as a political tool.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I am just amazed that when people can't provide an iota of proof to back their statements they have to resort to insults and exagerations as always.

I'm confused. What statements exactly are you asking for proof of? That the invasion has caused the death of Iraqis, or that the invasion was unjustified. Please explain. And what "insults" are you talking about?

In the meanwhile Sheehan is dishonoring her son's death and uses his death as a political tool.

If that's what you truly believe, then there's no hope for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
As is so often the case, while the people bicker back and forth about what's right and what's wrong and what's noble and what's not, the rich and powerful sing and dance, comfortable with their secrets, and prideful of the division they foster.

Divide and conquer. The oldest and most successful trick in their book.

What a coup.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Cindy the Sacrificial womb the mother that should shut her mouth and be happy to have the product of her Womb given away to be the lamb.

Who cares what she wants? the product of her womb is all the government needs.

Who cares how she feels?, the product of her womb is all the government needs.

She is call crazy, a desecrator of memories and a traitor.

Who cares that she is the mother, she is nothing but an incubator for society just like all mothers in American their Womb is what it matters and its product.

They are all that the nation needs to fight wars for corporate greed.

Warmongers feast on the anger of a mother and the lost of her born son, if that makes all of you happy is all for The good of Bush, God and the Corporate power

Shame on all of you if insulting a mother for the lost of her son satisfied your ego you go ahead, obviously is not the Product of you womb the one that is lost to a war for nothing.

As a mother and a women I find this thread insulting to women in this country that have sons in Bushes war.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why don't all the governments who want to rage a war get out of thier comfortable, safe places and do the fighting themselves? If they believe in what they are waging war against, then do it themselves!?

Just my opinion
starr

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join