It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt lake City 'executive order' giving full benifits to Gay employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Salt Lake City Utah Mayor Rocky Anderson passes a bill giving full benefits to all Gay government employees in Salt Lake.

Salt Lake Tribune
At noon in City Hall, the Salt Lake City mayor will quietly sign an executive order to offer a handful of health benefits to gay and unmarried heterosexual partners of city employees.

It also places the capital in the history books for becoming the first government in Utah to offer domestic-partner benefits, following the failed attempt in Salt Lake County in July.

By signing an executive order, Anderson avoids the emotional debate that derailed the domestic-partner package in the county, where talk focused on gay marriage..

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am ~SO HAPPY~ that super conservative Salt Lake City is paving the way for equality and human rights by this action. I am proud to be living in such a forward thinking community!

Related News Links:
www.sltrib.com

[edit on 21-9-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 26-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's very good news. I am glad they are getting equal treatment.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Me to cpr. This coming from the the VERY conservative Salt Lake City Utah could very well be a sign of leagel changes to come in the USA, at least I hope. I am proud of Mayor Rocky Anderson and his fearless stand for real equal rights!

join