It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BT complaint..anyone in here good at writing letters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
hello all
i have a dilema i have got a complaint with British telecom, and need someone to word a very well written letter for me .
if there is anyone that could do this as a favour (ie no money ) i would be very greatfull
pls no silly replies i will give u my email address so we can do it on there.
mods : if this is in the wrong forum pls move at ur discretion
cheers

MODS: you can delete , remove or move this now i have the help i need..cheers:
thanks to all those who sent u2 to me cheers lads, u know who ya are

[edit on 21-9-2005 by spymaster]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey Spymaster!

I did not reply because, as you said you had received help, I thought it would be a waste of your time.

But I just remembered what I do and thought I'd pass it on to you.

My advice to you is:

1. Keep a copy of your letter to BT on your hard drive or on a floppy disk;
2. Give it a snappy name like 'Angry Letter' or whatever;
3. Blank out the address you've already sent it to and the info you sent or
4. Add text boxes in the blank spaces and hey presto, you've got a ready made 'Angry Letter', ready to fire off to whoever
you off next!

Works for me.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

yeah thats a good one mate:
what happened in the time from me putting a request on here :
bt phoned back after i said that i was unhappy with the situation and that i was going to reprt them to OFCOM , he said he had spoken to his manager (even tho i the previous converstaion he said he was the manager) and they were willing to give me the full refund

How many other customers have companies as big as this done this to and got away with it.. they would have probably got away with it with me had i not had such A s**TY day and was up for a row

so if ya want you could do me a draft for future use

u2u me cheers for help anyway mate
be lucky

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean Spymaster.

Recently, a friend of mine 'downed' a phoneline to my house. This happened on MOD property, therefore BT classed it as being on 'private' land.

The situation was as follows.

[1] I lost my armourey phone [police] line, my BT landline and my broad band connection;
[2] BT said an engineer could not survey the damage for 5 working days;
[3] Surveyor came out, [after my being on hold for 55 minutes and stating the police would be involved], surveyed the damage, measured the height of other cables and announced that they were below the 'legal' height requirement of 6.8 metres.
[4] My boss threatened to intervene and the engineer was told to put in a new line - below the legal height.
[5] Nothing was heard from BT until 3 months later, I received a 'bill' for £480.
outrageous!
[6] I refused to pay, as the line 'dropped' from their junction box, it was the old twin core and that it was below the legal height.
[7] BT responded by saying as the line 'dropped' on private land, I would have to pay all costs.
[9] I refused and told them I would see them in court.
[10] Another 2 months later, I received a frantic phone call saying that if I paid for the labour (£280) they would forgo the rest of the bill.
[11] I told them - literally to
off or I would take them to court for harrassment.
[12] Last month, BT phoned my mobile and said they were dropping all charges!

Fritz
1 - BT
0!

new topics

top topics

join