It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As it's my job to keep the place all perdy and stuff, I've also dug up some extra-special smilies for use by our merry band of TK'ers.

(Please - right click and save - don't link to my site, because I'm dirt po' and can't afford the bandwidth. Thanks evahsomuch)

Enjoy!

Your Ministeria Of The Interior,

TwinklyTinkle

(oh. My current favourite, below...)

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Technically the rules don't apply to this thread. I mean after all the Members, and Ruling Council have to have a place to meet, and it wouldn't do us any good to be killing our meeting thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Zaphod58,

If you are President, I suppose I should offer you the use of my favorite smiley.

This belongs in your sig:

Hrm, I'm gonna have to figure out how to work that in. *lmao*

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ok. We have the first seven steps of our 13 step program.

1 Admit that we are powerless to stop threadkilling but still manage our lives reasonably well.
2 Admit that we're ready to have a Moderator remove all these posts on a whim.
3 Continue to take inventory of all the threads we've killed, but refuse to admit we're wrong for it.
4 Sort through our conscious contact with ATS, as we understand it, praying for knowledge, and causing confusion.
5 Make an honest effort to improve our spelling and syntax.
6 Lounge around in the meeting room, having all the coffee, soda, and donuts we can stand.
7 Say screw it and go out and kill a few more threads.

More later. Members and Council feel free to suggest more, or changes.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, Boss!

(Who do I petition to get a budget approved? Mr Big Boss Simon hisself? Can we "funnel" down some money from the ubiquitous "War On Threadkilling" departments?)

(I just was askin', cos I think I'd like to put up some new curtains, and maybe buy a sofa or three)

(Oh. And coffee costs money....
)

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm still working out the budget. I think that we'll be sure to give you a nice budget to make sure we have a good meeting room, and keep us stocked on drinks.

Hmmm, we need a Treasury Secretary.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
ohohohoh, I have a few kills under my belt, where do I sign up?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Post the links to your kills here, at least three, and the Council will decide.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hi guys--I'm here to petition for membership.

Here is some of my 'work':

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I've got some right now that appear to be in their death throes--I've kind of eased up lately, thinking I'm a 'party-pooper.'

I don't think I've had 10 'successful' threads in my whole forum career--here or anywhere. I have my own rinky-dink forum which I try not to post on for fear of killing the whole board!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, I certainly have to admit that I'm impressed by your application. You really put the smackdown on those threads.

After the other Council Members have a chance to review your work, we will inform you of our decision.

In the meantime, have a couple donuts, and some coffee.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think I'll just remain a rogue TK'er..
It feels a lttle more stealthy that way..
Thanks for the invite though!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Well, I certainly have to admit that I'm impressed by your application. You really put the smackdown on those threads.

After the other Council Members have a chance to review your work, we will inform you of our decision.

In the meantime, have a couple donuts, and some coffee.
Thank you ever so much.
I hope you have red jellies and lots of creamer!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hi my name is Rren and i'm a thread killer.

I've been clean almost 24 hrs. now. I'd rather not post any examples just yet. I'm still in my denial phase.

I'll just grap a cup of joe and sit in the back. Where'd you guys put the donuts?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hi Rren! Here's your nametag. Feel free to grab a beanbag chair. Our Interior Minister is on the donut run. She should be back with them before long. Help yourself to coffee. When you come out of Denial you can tell us all about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Welcome. Have some coffee and pull up a beanbag. Here's your name tag.

We'll get back to everyone after the next Council session.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't get a chance to check out the applications sooner. Stupid work.

I've run into queenannie38 on threads a few times, and I think that she (assumption based on user name) is a good candidate for TKA. I seem to recall she even killed a few threads I was working on murdering. She did an excellent job.

As for Dulcimer, no research required. He is, without a doubt, one of us.

I'm going to grab a donut now. Call me when the meeting starts.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Hi guys--I'm here to petition for membership.

Here is some of my 'work':

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've got some right now that appear to be in their death throes--I've kind of eased up lately, thinking I'm a 'party-pooper.'
:

Queenannie - There is some top-notch killin' going on here. Really fine 'work'. I am particularly impressed with the way you can take (usually) long threads and stop them dead in their tracks. It's easy enough to do initially with a handful of already dead threads, but you are a true slayer.

We can use someone like you.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'd say I know how that work thing goes, but oh yeah, I don't work anymore. :bnghd: I was especially impressed by some of the smackdown Queenannie put into those threads. Really showed them who's boss in a very emphatic way. Definately someone we can use.

I'd have to say since three of the four Council members agree already, that we can welcome Queenannie into our ranks. Let me officially extend a Welcome to you. You now officially have Member status.

Dulcimer, you did a pretty good job with some of those threads. I'm especially impressed that you had to plead to get an answer in one of them.

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Steps 8-13.
8 Come back for more coffee and donuts.
9 Maintain a watch on all forums for dangerous threads.
10 Kill a few more threads at random to create confusion amongst the members.
11 Randomly start threads that make no sense, and will die an immediate death, to create more confusion.
12 More coffee and donuts.
13 Sit around patting ourselves on the back for a job well done.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join