It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The idiots guide to podcasting.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well I just spent the last 15min making sure my computer is already for podcasting, all I need now is the microphone which I'll have tomorrow

So there should be a intro podcast from me next week sometime

Big thanks to mrwupy for making this idiot proof guide

[edit on 24-12-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Looking forward to it Wizard. Thanks for kind words as well. Podcasting is allot of fun and i'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

If you have any problems then don't be afraid to ask.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Okay, what should I say? Should I just say hello? Like "this is my first time podcasting, and I just want to say hello everyone at ATS!" something like that I guess. But longer. The cool thing about audactity is that you can pause your recording, so if your thinking of something, you just hit pause again and it will resume the record. I also like the special effects. Specfically the Change pitch and Gverb. (gverb makes it sound like your in a really big room.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Most people make an introductory podcast just to let everyone know who they are and where they are etc, etc, etc...Most intro podcast are fairly short but no worry, before long you'll be yabberin' away with the best of us

Wupy

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
OK I bought a new little gadget that records in WAV format. I have a program that allows me to convert it to MP3 But it messes up the file. It keeps on giving me feedback. I duno what to do.

I jsut spent like 100$ on this guy and Im gona be real upset if it doesnt work out. I know there is a way to get it to work so I am askign you guys. How can I CLEANLY convert WAV files to MP3?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are so many converters out there I really wouldn't know where to begin. I suppose you could try out a few until you find one that works for you. Heres a link to a few that you can try out.

converters

I'll look around and see what else is out there.

Wupy

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
DANKE! I got it workin! WOOT!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
FINALLY! got my quicktime (which wasn't so quick) to work again. Ok I haven't made a podcast yet, but I want know how you put that music in there. Like I know I can import and MP3 file to Audacity but how do I get it to stop, start, and fade in and out on command? What I want to do is have "The Shield" theme song play. That would be cool!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Awesome...i use other stuff...lol.

You're my role model...lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As I have said I use Fruity Loops Studio 5.It is kinda hard to use if you don't know how but i think its the best for making podcasts,it is great for splicing and all that jazz.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I succefully downloaded ''audacity''...it's fine
And then the LAME thing....lol
and it's telling me....
Audacity does not export MP3 files directly..........
but you must obtain lame_enc.dll seperately,by downloading the LAME MP3 encoder, and then locate this file for audacity.
Would you like to locate lame_enc.dll now?

...now, i have done what it's told me....YES, i did write the file or drive (both in same folder)and it says...
are you sure
yes no

I said YES...

a seperate box thing(lol)comes up asking me where it is?
So, i do as it says but it wont work....
File name.....i wrote the 'lame' thing here
file type......did this on its own.

where is lame_enc.dll located>is that the same as what i downloaded???
from
HERE

scroll all the way down....it says.

• Important Notes:
- LAME MP3 Encoder 3.90.3 is gone forever! It's no longer being recommended as preferred version - LAME MP3 Encoder 3.97 beta took its place.
- There is a bug in LAME MP3 Encoder 3.96 Final version that can cause skipping. We recommend you to download LAME MP3 Encoder 3.96.1 Stable or LAME MP3 Encoder 3.97 beta

So i did ......from
HERE
and i did all that....

so, I unzipped and still goes back to telling me ....
Audacity was expecting a library named "lame_enc.dll'' are you sure you want to attempt to export MP3files using ''lame 3.97.b2''?
So i say YES.
and it tells me can't open library(you think it may be shut ?)

I also said NO....
does the same thing....edit here spelling!

Anyone know what is wrong?

I cant believe LAME has the AUDACITY to do this!!!

help?
thanks
helen

EDIT.....Or am i in the Right post for IDIOTS guide?
AND still dont get it????

[edit on 6/3/2006 by helen670]

EDIT AGAIN...SORRY,
SPELLING!
I think i may be going LAME!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can send you Lame 3.96.1 if you u2u your email adress. Sounds to me like the newer version of lame is, well, lame

wupy

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I can send you Lame 3.96.1 if you u2u your email adress. Sounds to me like the newer version of lame is, well, lame

wupy

ha ha

Thanks, Mr Wuppy is that right?

Do i need to send you my email address though?
Can't I just go back to the LAME (LOL) link and get a lame excuse for what is up with their LAME problem they are having???

helen

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
hmmmm,
I tried the rec button..it works.
Export to MP3?
it now says.
Warning(in the box pop up thingy)
Your tracks(now it's tracking me! J/K)will be mixed into a single mono channel
in the exported file.

should i press OK?

What do i do?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Press OK. After the file is saved listen to it. If the file stinks you can always go back and remake it. I've never had the mono button pop up before but its worth a shot just to find out what it does

wupy

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Press OK. After the file is saved listen to it. If the file stinks you can always go back and remake it. I've never had the mono button pop up before but its worth a shot just to find out what it does

wupy

hmmm,
am i a testing ground for what it does?

I guess all that can happen is what exactly?

but its worth a shot just to find out what it does

You want me to shoot at it?
OK .. will do..
no really, do i just press it?
you think?

thanks
helen

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If you press it all it will do is save the file. Then you can listen to the file and if you hear demons from hell wailing in the background, we'll ALL know not to do that.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If you press it all it will do is save the file. Then you can listen to the file and if you hear demons from hell wailing in the background, we'll ALL know not to do that.

Thanks!
your too kind!
Ill try that...throws....................

helen

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry, i'm not trying to upset you. I'm going to uninstall Audacity on my computer and reinstall it just to see if I get the same problem. If I do i'll let you know how things go and whats going on.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Sorry, i'm not trying to upset you. I'm going to uninstall Audacity on my computer and reinstall it just to see if I get the same problem. If I do i'll let you know how things go and whats going on.

Not upset!

Dont worry about it.....
Dont go to the trouble just for this.
Really!

thanks again....
helen

<< 1    3 >>

join