It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlaw Drive Thrus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As I pulled into Burger King and saw the drive thru line extending into the street I understood that fuel prices were still way too low. The sure sign of fuel prices equalling out is when these lazy people with their big butts actually get out of their car and go inside and order.

I never go thru the drive thru. This country could probably save at least 100,000 barrels of oil a day by eliminating them. Plus the carbon dioxide emissions would lower some.

Americans are the laziest people on the planet. I'm an American and I'm ashamed of our people when I see a drive thru line with 20 cars in it, and I can walk right up to the counter and get my to go order before 2 cars have moved.

Mod Edit: All Caps In Title

[edit on 10/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
let me correct you , we're the laziest SPECIES on the planet, period.

Not only that, but the most self-centered and egotistical. As if this world is here simply because we are the most highly evolved species on the planet. It's a joke.

I can't stand drive thrus and I laugh at those pathetic people that drive thru in their overpriced fancy shiny cars! I lauigh to myself every time because they're payments are so high the only meals they CAN afford are the ones at the fast food chains.

But as lazy as people are, they still complain about gas prices!! Yet they won't do anything about it!

All we need to do is stop EVERYTHING. If we just all stopped with the cars, and the electricity, etc. for just a week, or a month, the whole state of affairs would come tumbling down around us and those execs and oil tycoons would be BEGGING for us to get back in our cars and drive around and eat their fast food.

But all those lazy people can do is put shiny rims on their cars, pay for overpriced ....., get paid crap and then whine about how their life is so hard.

Oops, did i rant a little off topic

(Mod edit- 4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, )

[edit on 11-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

All we need to do is stop EVERYTHING. If we just all stopped with the cars, and the electricity, etc. for just a week, or a month, the whole state of affairs would come tumbling down around us and those execs and oil tycoons would be BEGGING for us to get back in our cars and drive around and eat their fast food.

More then likely if we did that, masses of people would die from starvation...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
While this is true, 100,000 barrels a day isn't nearly as much as it might sound, but I agree that it WOULD CONTRIBUTE to helping our oil problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well if it's any consolation, they will propbably die younger by sucking up all the exhaust fumes in line and eating that nutritionally challenged fastfood.

Net effect will be they won't be around as long to use up energy.

"Commerce is so far from being beneficial to arts, or to empire, that it is destructive of both, as all their history shows, for the above reason of individual merit being its great hatred. Empires flourish till they become commercial, and then they are scattered abroad to the four winds." William Blake

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, cars burn more fuel on startup than they do idleing for hours. I used to drive cross country frequently, and on those occasions where I had to take a rest at a highway stop, it made more sense, gas-wise, to idle the car for a couple hours than to turn it off and back on again.

If I understand the process correctly, an idle engine burns only a miniscule amount of fuel, whereas startup floods the engine and burns a great quantity, all at once and inefficiently, to start the cylinders pumping.

I might be wrong, as I have only a cursory knowledge of automotive engines, but my understanding is that it's better to idle for short periods of time rather than turn off the engine and restart it. Drive-thrus are not the problem.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In this day and age with electronic ignitions, etc, etc it would take only idling for about 2 minutes to burn the fuel needed for startup.

I would say quit making excuses for the lazy and lazier.

100,000 barrels a day ain't much compared to the approximately 20,000,000 a day used. However, again an excuse for not conserving the energy and contributing to usage.

Get out of the cars and use your legs for something more than holding down a gas pedal.

Many sit in these lines over 15 to 20 minutes this day and age. A sure sign of laziness and lack of consideration for fellow man.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I agree. If you are able, get out of the car and go inside. But I do understand those that may have a physical handicap that makes it difficult to get in and out of the car, or maybe the parent who has a handful of unmanagable kids in the car etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
How about just not eating fast food? Seems like a FAR better plan to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Well if it's any consolation, they will propbably die younger by sucking up all the exhaust fumes in line and eating that nutritionally challenged fastfood.

Net effect will be they won't be around as long to use up energy.

Did you consider the amount of energy it takes to keep these fat asses alive? All that medical equipment needs power and money to operate, and I think if it was totalled up completely, 10 or 20 less years of life doesn't make much of a difference.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Did you consider the amount of energy it takes to keep these fat asses alive? All that medical equipment needs power and money to operate, and I think if it was totalled up completely, 10 or 20 less years of life doesn't make much of a difference.

That's a good argument for non-government funded medical care then.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If you really want to ban things like drivetroughs, then shouldn't they also ban the other fuel wasting habbits and hobby's?

Like Drag Racing, Tractor Pulling, all other types of racing, cab drivers driving around town to find clients and so on?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Naw, Canada's fat rate is confined mostly to the Suburbia and that type of urban habitat will become very expensive very soon. The forces of scarcity will take care of those obese people as they will be forced to subside on water and bread due to the crippling Gasoline prices in 10-15 years(or sooner) and they will loose weight fast

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
If I'm not mistaken, cars burn more fuel on startup than they do idleing for hours. I used to drive cross country frequently, and on those occasions where I had to take a rest at a highway stop, it made more sense, gas-wise, to idle the car for a couple hours than to turn it off and back on again.

If I understand the process correctly, an idle engine burns only a miniscule amount of fuel, whereas startup floods the engine and burns a great quantity, all at once and inefficiently, to start the cylinders pumping.

I might be wrong, as I have only a cursory knowledge of automotive engines, but my understanding is that it's better to idle for short periods of time rather than turn off the engine and restart it.
[edit on 11-9-2005 by WyrdeOne]

I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong. Having your engine at idle for 30 seconds or more uses as much fuel as starting your car. As for the drive throughs, you bet, get rid of them, besides, its air conditioned in most fast food places, and where else can you talk to someone with more grease on their face then on the fries.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That's a good argument for non-government funded medical care then.

Quite true. However, a better argument for it is the continued profiteering by private individuals off of others poor health. I'm not speaking of making a reasonable income.

A certain gentleman in my town who is the CEO of Hospital Corporation of American lives in a $12,000,000 home. His company also got caught bilking the American taxpayer and had to settle out of court for $750,000,000 in Medicare fraud. I forgot to mention that his son is the Senate Majority Leader and the GOP wanted him to take the front in Medicare reform. That's like letting the fox into the henhouse.

All this money, of course, made off of people whose lot in life needed fixing.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

top topics

join