It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Voices In Your Head May Not Be Your Own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hearing voices in your head was once only associated with the mad but Woody Norris may change that. The day is not too far off when what you hear inside your head may have actually been put there; new technology being developed by Norris does exactly that. And the possibilities are endless: advertisers, audio manufactures, nightclubs and any number of entertainers could use it. More ominously though it could also be used by authoritarian controllers to shape and influence our thinking. By coincidence we received an email recently informing us that research is now said to be underway at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Moreover, the testing of this technology had now been extended to cover its use as a weapon and a remote, involuntary lie detector.

More

In order to please PA, the ever so fastidious Mod .. here is my opinion ..

This could take subliminal messaging to a whole new level. And used in an evil way, could drive your enemy to insanity.

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
"MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item."

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Damn ... I can see Will and PA useing this on ATS member's so we post our damned opinion's

I've heard about this tech before ... forget where tho

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I can just imagine walking by a vending machine and hearing the Coke jingle or something. Lets just hope they dont invent technology where they can beam commercials into our dreams.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
I can just imagine walking by a vending machine and hearing the Coke jingle or something. Lets just hope they dont invent technology where they can beam commercials into our dreams.

Beam commericals into your dreams. That is funny
You know I remember back in the 60's where they
used to use subliminial messages in movies to get you to go and buy snacks at the vending machine by flashing a pic of a coke really quick. Supposedly your conscience mind wouldnt see it but your subconscience would and the next thing you know you would be standing in line to get a coke???
Just thought I would mention that. Maybe it was just my imagination?? Who knows?

Mark

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Or they could use that Chinese torture of the dripping water sound.

Speaking of commercials. I pay to watch TV but I have to watch commercials? I should be paid to watch commercials dammit!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Damn ... I can see Will and PA useing this on ATS member's so we post our damned opinion's

Ack! I can hear PA saying 'state your opinion' over and over again! It's driving me insane!

(all in good fun PA)

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
MUA from MA -

Just wanted to check you haven't missed anything from before! Opportunities to check how subliminal things enter your consciousness are really few and far between...

Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. ouy sevol LLITS nataS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS. Your opinion MATTERS to us at ATS.

[Edited on 7-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hahahahaha! You NUT!

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If real, it would be just another tool of subliminal messaging. Just on an even more imperceptible scale. It would certainly be outlawed for business use, but as with standard visual subliminal messaging, nefarious uses will likely come into play.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How to get rid of 17 year-old advertisements, still bouncing off-of the walls of our big empty skulls ?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I still want to know just one thing....

Where's the beef?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Yeah we remember all of those old slogans and jingles, but we haven't been programmed at all !!

No siree-Bob !! Errr : Rick. Sorry...

Ain't nobody renting no space in our meat-control-boxes.

But still : Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Wonder what was the purpose of having me remember all of those old Flintstones cartoons ?
Or maybe that's the : 'look over here' part, while the programming was subliminally underneath, somehow ?

With Gilligan !!
The Skipper too !
The Millionaire, and his wife.
The Movie-Star !
The Professor and, Mary-Anne : here on Gilligan's Isle !!!!

Only original thoughts in this brain !!
LoL !!

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Half of the voices in my head are those of my late mother being judgmental.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MessedUpAnnie

Speaking of dreams, problem solving, and the vastness of the human mind, you may want to read this thread about where black budget projects have already taken us...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See you in your dreams!!!

top topics

join