It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: FEMA Director Brown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
BBC2 [Newsnight] just reported that;

Hillary Clinton as well as several other members of congress and senate are going to push for Brown to be removed.

It looks very much like she'll use this as her spring board...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Hillary Clinton ....

It looks very much like she'll use this as her spring board...

The next President is going have to blow the world to keep the US out of the bankruptcy courts.

...and you think someone will actually want the job?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nerdling posted a wonderful OP/ED article on Brown a few days ago. He uncovered quite a few interesting tidbits about the man. Quite worth the read.

The article can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Seems to me as if the government doesn't care about controlling these kinds of disasters. They can predict the **** coming a mile away, but choose to sit on their hands and be idle. Who knows, maybe it's the end times, and all of these events happening during such a small period of time could symbolize the beginning of the end.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I heard last night when congresswoman Pelosi suggested Brown be fired Bush said, 'now why would I do that?'.

It just shows an inept leader who panders to his incompetent underlings.

Brown must be doing everything just as Bush planned.

[edit on 9/8/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah, that only further emphasizes the point here. If personnel in junior executive positions are incompetent, that is a direct reflection of the incompetence of their superiors.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Interesting article from TIME:

Before joining FEMA, his only previous stint in emergency management, according to his bio posted on FEMA's website, was "serving as an assistant city manager with emergency services oversight." The White House press release from 2001 stated that Brown worked for the city of Edmond, Okla., from 1975 to 1978 "overseeing the emergency services division." In fact, according to Claudia Deakins, head of public relations for the city of Edmond, Brown was an "assistant to the city manager" from 1977 to 1980, not a manager himself, and had no authority over other employees. "The assistant is more like an intern," she told TIME. "Department heads did not report to him." Brown did do a good job at his humble position, however, according to his boss. "Yes. Mike Brown worked for me. He was my administrative assistant. He was a student at Central State University," recalls former city manager Bill Dashner. "Mike used to handle a lot of details. Every now and again I'd ask him to write me a speech. He was very loyal. He was always on time. He always had on a suit and a starched white shirt."
How Reliable Is Brown's Resume? - TIME

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Interesting article from TIME:

Before joining FEMA, his only previous stint in emergency management, according to his bio posted on FEMA's website, was "serving as an assistant city manager with emergency services oversight." The White House press release from 2001 stated that Brown worked for the city of Edmond, Okla., from 1975 to 1978 "overseeing the emergency services division." In fact, according to Claudia Deakins, head of public relations for the city of Edmond, Brown was an "assistant to the city manager" from 1977 to 1980, not a manager himself, and had no authority over other employees. "The assistant is more like an intern," she told TIME. "Department heads did not report to him." Brown did do a good job at his humble position, however, according to his boss. "Yes. Mike Brown worked for me. He was my administrative assistant. He was a student at Central State University," recalls former city manager Bill Dashner. "Mike used to handle a lot of details. Every now and again I'd ask him to write me a speech. He was very loyal. He was always on time. He always had on a suit and a starched white shirt."
How Reliable Is Brown's Resume? - TIME

That's exactly what I am referring to. I think he should resign. Anyway, who gives a damn about a starched white shirt? That has nothing to do with integrity.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by StarChild]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In my opinion, the failure of FEMA and Brown will actually help FEMA. As long as people keep pointing fingers from the city, state, and federal levels this will just cause as we have seen, the most "hatred" towards Brown. I say that this will turn into a "reconstruction" of FEMA and the people and govenment on all levels will willingly give more money and power to the federal government and FEMA to be better prepared for "next time."

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ditto Soficrow. He seems non-experienced like the rest of people reporting to Chertoff, as Chertoff is.

Lives were the cost but can we blame it on one person? Is it that way?

Dunno..just there must be an abundance of blame starting at - why did transportation fail to be there for the ''poor, sick and elderely'' to leave prior to that terrible storm?

Dallas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join