It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Breaking Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
After watching FOX news with heraldo rivera and shepard smith and seeing their emotion really borught it all in perspective to me. I seen Heraldo with tears in his eyes literally cryin about all the kids left in the superdome calling for the Government to let these people out of the freakin cage they have put them in. Shepard Smiths sentaments were the same. They were ashamed at the government. Yes the right winged media was sick of this crap! Doesnt that say alot. IM a republican and it doesnt matter anymore.

If soemoene doesnt do something their and those people die its time to change something. Throw the beurocrats down there. Let them wade their asses through that water and help. Stop being stupid. Send the reserves their. Send the army their. Hell its been way to long to see troops there. The 82nd airborn unit can deploy anywhere on the earth in like what 72hr? Why the hell cant any troops have been down there you had warning you had time before and after. 5 days later thats pathetic.

America should be up in arms . We cannot tolerate this. Give the government one more chance. Put pressure on them. Call your congressmen and senators in DC. Tell them to do something. Call you state government demand for your states reserves go their and demand for them to send support. These are american brothers and sisters there. We can feed Iraq yet we cant feed our own citzens on our continent? Fly in hundreds of Shinooks there drop off supplies to the people on the bridges and stuff.

The government is here to protect our LIFE, LIBERTY, and PROPERTY. Make the government do this. Let me leave you with this.

" ...with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it..."

Dwell on that. We are getting close

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Bro if staff could be applauded, I would have hit you up already.

This disaster might be what brings everyone together, closer than we were prior any ways. Better or for worse, I can't say, but I never thought we would see the day.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A Republican talking revolution? Now Iv'e heard everything. Hell must have just froze over. What took you so long?

I turned in my GOP ticket when we invaded Iraq under such lies.

I also saw Rivera and Smith. Maybe FOX will finally become fair and balenced like they claim, but don't hold your breath, they are still trying to blame the victims for their plight.

Could I interest you in a nice refreshing draught of Libertairanism?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have alot to say about this situation. But I am trying to think how I want to put this so I dont get banned from this forum for life and then some.

But this paticular situation is really starting to piss me off. The only reason anything got started is because the Mayor of NO told it how it was. Saying Bush is full of it, and everyone else. If he didnt say anything things would still be the same.

Anyway I will put something up of what I think a bit later. Its about 1am here now.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A Republican talking revolution? Now Iv'e heard everything. Hell must have just froze over. What took you so long?

I turned in my GOP ticket when we invaded Iraq under such lies.

I also saw Rivera and Smith. Maybe FOX will finally become fair and balenced like they claim, but don't hold your breath, they are still trying to blame the victims for their plight.

Could I interest you in a nice refreshing draught of Libertairanism?

Fox still pissed me off. Orielly and them not comprehending it. I know i cant but damn i can sympathize. They cant they are too high on their fortunes to even pretend like they care.

And im serious about calling your reps and stuff. Dont jsut say you will. YOu state reps phone numbers are probly inthe phone book. Call them! Wake them up in their beds, leave them a message while they are on their labor day vacation. Tell them to go to work. Thats what we elected them for. DO your damn job or we will find someone else to do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
YOu state reps phone numbers are probly inthe phone book. Call them! Wake them up in their beds, leave them a message while they are on their labor day vacation. Tell them to go to work. Thats what we elected them for. DO your damn job or we will find someone else to do it.

Use this, please....better than the phone book.

www.visi.com...

or

www.congress.org...

[edit on 3-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thanks alot man. Make their phones ring off the hook and demand answers.

AND BTW. WHY THE HELL DOES THE CONGRESS HAVE A 3 DAY WEEKDEND?

clerk.house.gov...

[edit on 9*3*2005 by Quicksilver]

top topics

join