It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton hired for Katrina storm cleanup.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The Navy has hired Houston-based Halliburton Co. to restore electric power, repair roofs and remove debris at three naval facilities in Mississippi damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Halliburton subsidiary KBR will also perform damage assessments at other naval installations in New Orleans as soon as it is safe to do so.

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process. The company is not involved in the Army Corps of Engineers' effort to repair New Orleans' levees.

Halliburton hired for storm cleanup

Oppps, this is more of that concrete proof that Cheney and Bush, was behind Hurricane Katrina so that they could become even richer. First they profited off of Iraq, and now they are going to profit off the worst natural castastrophe to hit the US.

Interesting, no?

seekerof

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Who Benefits from Katrina?
Is weather Modification a Reality or Some silly stuff you find on Pravda?
I apologize for the rense source but hey, are you gonna believe Big Brother or folks that are seeking the truth

Official State Dept Listing
Rense.com Top Misinfo Site
usinfo.state.gov...

Pot, Kettle, Black: State Department Tells Us How to Identify Misinformation
infowars.net...

What you hear being broadcasted over the airwaves after hurricane Katrina is that the price of oil is going to go way UP. The hurricane is being blamed for the much higher prices of oil that is about to take place and will be one of the main catalysts for the destruction of the U.S. economy, which the Illuminati have planned for their personal financial benefit. It is no accident that Bush, Cheney, Rice etc. all happen to be connected to the Saudis and the oil conglomerates.The Afghani and Iraqi wars are all about TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF OIL in those regions.
rense.com...

(Introduced in Senate)

S 517 IS

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 517

To establish the Weather Modification Operations and Research Board, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

March 3, 2005

Mrs. HUTCHISON introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation

A BILL

To establish the Weather Modification Operations and Research Board, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Weather Modification Research and Technology Transfer Authorization Act of 2005'.
SEC. 2. PURPOSE.
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is too rich. I can actually hear the circus music playing.

"Da da dadadadaddada da dadada daddaddadadda"
"Cue the Elephants!"
"Da da dadadadaddada da dadada daddaddadadda"

What a great find Seeker, this is priceless.

Can you smell the fecal storm brewing? I think it's going to be a Cat 5....

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Remember how many use to laugh at those silly chemtrails ("All planes leave vapor trails") they use to say and some prob still do to this day.
That silly thing called HAARP
and last but not least. That whacko pseudo-scientist TESLA.

We are leaving Kansas

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well I don’t know about Hurricane Katrina being man made but it doesn’t take much imagination to see that Bush and Cheney like to take care of tho$e that will take care of them. I wonder how much money will be “lost” this time......

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Stir the nest a bit more

Anyone seen Cheney around lately?
Think about it....
Makes you wonder if he has not been behind the scenes planning and negotiating for this contract, eh?

seekerof

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You know I imagine that it was going to be Haliburton the one to be the favorite. I wonder why
!!!!!!

And occurs they will repair the oil refineries and also they will have the contract for the reconstruction.

As long as is benefiting the people affected in the area with jobs I guess its OK.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Makes you wonder if he has not been behind the scenes planning and negotiating for this contract, eh?

HaHa?

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process. The company is not involved in the Army Corps of Engineers' effort to repair New Orleans' levees.

Plus, it is only for naval facilities. Yea.....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You know I imagine that it was going to be Haliburton the one to be the favorite. I wonder why
!!!!!!

The contract was awarded by bid in 2004 marg. I know once again you want to lay the blame where it does not belong. Others had a chance to bid on the contract and they were under bid so live with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I believe Seekerof knew that this was awarded long ago, and was just attempting to bait members into decrying Halliburton. So, shame on all of you for believing Seekerof.

Perhaps though Seekerof didn't read his article; either way, this thread is dirty.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's pre-emptive posting. You've studied the dictates of this administration too closely Seekerof.

Before making a judgement on this I'd like to see more details on the awarding process for this contract, who bid, what criteria, who made the final decision etc

I'm expecting to be told they were awarded the contract due their experience, which is believable. If you'd spent as long as Haliburton being surreptitiously favoured over others for one contract and other, it's not surprising that you'd eventually muscle the competition out of the market with 'experience'

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Is someone knowingly posting false information, for the sole purpose of political baiting? I don't know if I can handle another 20-page post about the Black Band again!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
One think I would like to point out that I made in another thread. This is a non political statement here.

The simple fact of the matter is that companies like Haliburton, Bechtel et al. are the only ones with the size and resources to facilitate this type of contract in the time frame and scale required. You don't just crack the yellow pages under disasters and hire some local general contractor.

[edit on 9/4/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I love how the Bush haters are all pointing fingers at him for not building up or repairing the levees. The repair of the wetlands, and the upkeep of the levees has slowly been having money cut from it for years, but the last several presidents. Clinton was just as bad about cutting funds for it, as was Bush Sr, and probably Regan as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The simple fact of the matter is that companies like Haliburton, Bechtel et al. are the only ones with the size and resources to facilitate this type of contract in the time frame and scale required. You don't just crack the yellow pages under disasters and hire some local general contractor.
[edit on 9/4/05 by FredT]

Why do we have to build things that only mega suppliers can build?

Why is the mississippi flood delta not returned to farmers and farm land? Where seasonal flooding is considered a blessing from God.

Why do we NEED to rebuild concrete infrastructure on a delta?

Local contractors would do just fine if the goals in rebuilding NO were more earth friendly. America is only dependent upon Halliburtons because it wants more than it needs.

But sure... if you want to re-channel the river and rebuild a toxic waste infrastructure... I'm sure The Corp of Engineers, Halliburton, Worley Parsons, or Bechtel would be a great choice.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Haliburton and the agreement had been signed in 2003. And I believe is was for part of most clean ups in the gulf associated States.

No particular point here but seems to me it was not exclusive to Haliburton and mayhaps a quoted - this for that type thing. I'm not for Cheney or Haliburton though.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Why do we have to build things that only mega suppliers can build?

Because they happen to control the government.

Why is the mississippi flood delta not returned to farmers and farm land? Where seasonal flooding is considered a blessing from God.

Because human thinks that they have power over nature.

Why do we NEED to rebuild concrete infrastructure on a delta?

To prove that we still have power over nature.

Local contractors would do just fine if the goals in rebuilding NO were more earth friendly. America is only dependent upon Halliburtons because it wants more than it needs.

And the government favors them.

But sure... if you want to re-channel the river and rebuild a toxic waste infrastructure... I'm sure The Corp of Engineers, Halliburton, Worley Parsons, or Bechtel would be a great choice.

Sri Oracle

Don't worry VP Cheney is making sure of that.

Yes one point your bring is how we as humans tried for ages to control and fight nature, and most of the time with tragic results.

Nature will always find a way to fight human kind and usually with tragic consequences.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I love how the Bush haters are all pointing fingers at him for not building up or repairing the levees. The repair of the wetlands, and the upkeep of the levees has slowly been having money cut from it for years, but the last several presidents. Clinton was just as bad about cutting funds for it, as was Bush Sr, and probably Regan as well.

I love how Bush supporters can still attempt to blame a president from over 5 years ago for the events of today.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The Navy has hired Houston-based Halliburton Co. to restore electric power, repair roofs and remove debris at three naval facilities in Mississippi damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Halliburton subsidiary KBR will also perform damage assessments at other naval installations in New Orleans as soon as it is safe to do so.

Halliburton hired for storm cleanup

Oppps, this is more of that concrete proof that Cheney and Bush, was behind Hurricane Katrina so that they could become even richer. First they profited off of Iraq, and now they are going to profit off the worst natural castastrophe to hit the US.

Interesting, no?

seekerof

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Seekerof]

And the donations keep rolling in...are you kidding me? We didn't donate money to Iraq to help rebuild their infrastructure, yet the government asks Americans - already saturated with high income taxes, high gas taxes, et al - to donate their monies to help those in New Orleans. You gotta be joking.

Via the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5121-5206), once a Governor requests emergency relief from the President of the United States, this Act kicks in...this Act provides all the monies (from past income taxes, gas taxes, et al) to help rebuild a disaster zone in America.

Anyone who sends one penny to the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, et cetera, should be dropped into the alligator infested streets of New Orleans from a helicopter. Americans should demand that only the federal government pay for all monies to the relief of New Orleaners. If it works for Iraq, it sure darn well should work for us Americans.

And before my "new" thread closes in this section, I would like to add the following:

How long did Bush wait?

gov.louisiana.gov...

That's August 27, 2005. Now check out this link:

www.chicagosuntimes.com...
That was August 28, 2005. But I guess everyone figured this out by now beings this thread spelled it out already. Awwwwww chucks

Thanks Bush, you're doing a fine job. Could I offer you a dry lot in downtown New Orleans, I hear the prices are rather cheap now...come on Bush, hurry, while the prices are on the low.

Love ya' Bush...kiss Laura goodnight for me, thanks friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hmm, simple question here...

Who owns Haliburton? as in, who is the top HB dawg?

Thanks in advance for the answer

[edit on 4/9/2005 by SportyMB]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join