It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA "Relocation" Camps?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

If it were true that the NWO was poised and ready to seize an opportunity such as the apparent destruction of a major, american metropolitan area, however, then I would expect to see things starting to be "shaped" in a way that's inconsistent with what we're seeing on TV.

The extent of the disaster could have been prevented - but the money was spent on economic coloniztion in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The best strategy is to let things REALLY go to hell - make Americans BEG for relief - then "save" the day. Welcome the NWO.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The best strategy is to let things REALLY go to hell - make Americans BEG for relief - then "save" the day. Welcome the NWO.

I'm not sure that I can buy into that theory. With the way american politics work, the party that lets things get too bad gets voted out of office. If there's any credence to be found in the NWO theory, you have to believe that a Bush cannot be the one at the helm when things get bad. In other words, "W" may have to find a way to save the day. If not, then the midterm elections go WAY south for republicans and the democrats get enough votes on the hill to start making trouble. Then, the only way for the NWO to succeed is an open power grab (of course it will come under some lame "guise" of national emergency, but the american people will be suspicious and outwardly hostile toward any power grab that reeks of a coup). If the NWO theories are to be believed, such a power grab is not in their plans -- they want a clean, swift, silent ascension to power done in a manner where no one realizes it happened until long after it's over.

Funny thing about the American democratic process, the way it works tends to foil fun-sounding covert plans like the NWO with the 2-year election cycle. Given this reality and that the present "honcho" has deployed the vast majority of his military overseas, I can't see how the whole NWO theory is supported in light of the apparent lack of ability FEMA has shown with regard to New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
As far as I know the only FEMA camps I've heard of have been in Texas...and there not even designed for people yet....they are training camps.....listen if FEMA has camps to be ready, they'd be underground, why? because the most probable case this nation faces in the near future is biological or nuclear threats....where being underground would make the only sense.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just keep in mind there's a burgeoning fuel crisis, and the anniversary of 9-11 is coming up. Add a terrorist (read CIA) nuke in NYC, a 9.0 mag earthquake (read H.A.A.R.P) in California, a stock market crash (read Fed Reserve) and whaddya got? Back to the stone age for the U.S., as has already happened in New Orleans. Imagine disasters in every corner, the effects of which will ripple across the entire nation. People will be begging FEMA to take control, keep them safe, and simply feed them. Goodbye free America. A doomsday scenario, for sure, but nothing that hasn't been warned about for years. The pieces may well be in place. The next couple of weeks will be interesting.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
IMO consider the following possibility:

FEMA's [public] failure with the handling of the aftermath of Katrina.

Already there are calls for Congressional investigations into why it failed, who was at fault, etc. . . quite possibly resulting in cries of not enough $$, not enough power/authority to react quickly [in times of national crisis]

Now you would have Congress [the public] rallying for providing more funding [powers] to FEMA and quite possibly a changing of the guard (Michael Brown and Chertoff) at the helm.

??

lil' behind the scenes scenario . . . maybe:

First we let them [FEMA] fail miserably right in front of the public's eye.

Then we rally the public and Congress for more funding and additional powers [only in times of national crisis, of course].

and while we're at it, could you pass me that folder with the 20+ or so Executive Orders drawn up during Clinton's term.

You know the EO's that really give this agency teeth . . . oh, and I'll need a pen too.

Not stating any of the above as fact, just considering all possible ways the whole situation could potentially play out.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No if you all look our "president" i didn't vote for the dillhole. Flew over the hurricane area and i swear i could see his eyes with $$ signs in them. He knew WE knewit was coming the president decided to wait and see what happened and yes our country is ran by a loser patriot come my way i want out of this country. There is nothing to the camps .....yet

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
People will be begging FEMA to take control, keep them safe, and simply feed them. Goodbye free America. A doomsday scenario, for sure, but nothing that hasn't been warned about for years. The pieces may well be in place. The next couple of weeks will be interesting.

And when you ad an UN intervention in this equasion (now when 70% of national guard is abroad) you get your own little NWO.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes. I also heard on C2C that good old FEMA are thinking of using "disused military bases" to house those who are in the Astrodome. The same military bases that are now empty relocation prisons?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You all might want to check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out. It's a sad and scary story. On the one hand, it's clear that FEMA is Federal Bureaucracy at its lowest-common denominator best. On the other hand, it does reinforce the idea that FEMA may be going further than accomodating dislocated people -- they're imprisoning them.

It still doesn't explain the REX-84 camp theory and I still think that, based on the way FEMA is responding to this situation, that FEMA is not intended to be the military arm of the NWO. I think that only time will tell when, come 2-3 months from now and people are demanding to leave the facilities, how FEMA responds. In the article posted at the link, the person says that the FEMA representative indicates that people who leave the camp cannot return. That's a far cry from being told that you cannot leave.... but we'll see how it plays out in reality. Being free to leave but not having any means of traversing the great distance to the nearest "free" population center might turn out to be involuntary imprisonment.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I picked up a story about the 'Falls Creek' Oklahoma FEMA camp from -- I think -- an Alternet link. Unfortunately, I couldn't print the story from the original posting, which included photos. The gist of the story is that Falls Creek is a Southern Baptist Association of Oklahoma youth camp consisting of cabins that "range from small and humble to large and grandiose" depending on how rich the church that owns the cabin is. The camp holds +/- 5000, and is normally used about three months a year. It was offered to FEMA to house Katrina 'refugees.'

The writer went with her family to the camp to take clothing, food, hygiene supplies, etc. to the cabin owned by her church. At the gate to the camp, they were stopped by Oklahome Highway Police troopers, who questioned them before they were allowed to enter. At their church's cabin, they were told that FEMA would not accept the clothing they'd brought, and that the cabin had been designated as a 'male only' cabin. They sorted out the men's hygiene products and put them in the cabin. Then they started to bring in the food, but were told that, despite the cabin having a fully-equipped kitchen capable of serving as many diners as the cabin would hold, FEMA would not allow those staying there to use the kitchen. Instead, FEMA would provide two meals a day, to be delivered to the cabin. The FEMA 'host' employee who delivered this information volunteered that FEMA had already told several churches that had inquired about having volunteers come the their cabins on weekends to cook for their inhabitants that they would not be allowed to do that. FEMA justified this on the grounds that some churches might serve hot dogs, while others might serve steak, which would be unfair and might cause a riot...!

Churches had also inquired about sending a van or bus to the camp to pick up folks who'd like to go to church. FEMA informed them that this would not be allowed and that any camp occupantwho left the camp would not be allowed to return. The FEMA 'host' then said that the camp occupants would be given a FEMA ID, 'a small sum of money,' and would remain in the camp for five months.

The writer's mother then asked if their church could come to their cabin and conduct services if residents wished to attend. The 'host's' answer was,"No ma'am. You don't understand. Your church no longer owns this building. This building is now owned by FEMA and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. They have it for the next five months."

The 'host' then allowed the writer and her mother to leave some snack items "to tide people over between the two meals a day," but when the mother tried to leave some cereal, she was told not to. When she asked why, she was told there would not be any milk available. When the mother pointed to the industrial sized refrigerator/freezer in the kitchen, the 'host' told her, "Ma'am, you don't understand. It could cause a riot." He then told her that she would have to take back the vegetables and fruit they'd brought, saying, "You'll have to take that back as well. It looks like you have about 10 apples there. I'm about to bring in 40 men. What would we do then?"

The writer's mother said, "Quarter them?"

He answered, "No, ma'am. FEMA said no. It could cause a riot. You don't understand the type of people who are about to come here."

As the group prepared to leave, the 'host' asked how they had gotten into the camp. He said that the Oklahoma Highway Patrol should not have let them in without FEMA IDs, and that starting that morning NO-ONE [his emphasis] would be allowed in.

The writer includes more, similar experiences at a 'female only' cabin before they left through the front gate. Inside the gate, there was a long line of OHP patrol cars on the side of the road, plus three fire trucks and 6-8 ambulances. The gate itself was blocked by OHP vehicles with more parked outside, and the nearby Durant First Baptist Church had been taken over to house troops (not known whether regulars, reservists or national guard).

I will try to find the original link and post it here, and verify that the camp actually exists.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken1943
I will try to find the original link and post it here, and verify that the camp actually exists.

The original thread was offered by our own immortal Valhall, and here's the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't know there is another thread already addressing the "I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp.' Also should've realized I read it here, 'though I took the link from Alternet.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken1943
Sorry, I didn't know there is another thread already addressing the "I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp.' Also should've realized I read it here, 'though I took the link from Alternet.

I don't think you quite understand, the original thread for the subject came from here, Valhall authored it, she actually went to the camp... The link I provided is the Alpha and Omega of all that has spanned the web...

Genesis Monkeys, not just for the evolution of a historical thread anymore...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join