It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 787 *new pics*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Boeing released some updated pictures of the 787 Dreamliner, and they look good, and realistic...the older ones looked a little corny.

Flight Deck

This ones kinda funny, they talk about the larger windows, and that all ages will be able to see out of it.....and the kid is playing gameboy.

Biggest Bins

The Interior looks comfy...I wish the whole plane looked like this. Naturally they always take the pics from first class.

Heres the old interior shot.

I really like this plane, the only thing bad that I can think of is its speed...which is the same as all the others out there, but other then that, who doesn't like bigger: bins, aisles, windows. Better lighting to make you feel more comfortable, as well as higher air pressure to make you feel better, and less ear poppage.

What do ya think of the new updated look?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Very nice. I like the way it looks alot. I can't wait to see how comfortable it really is.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What an incredibled airplane! Who makes it again? Whomever does must be a great company to work for!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
What an incredibled airplane! Who makes it again? Whomever does must be a great company to work for!

I'm suprised you weren't the first to comment.

Oh, and BTW, its Boeing.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Awesomeness! Been following this, quite a nice spiffy new plane.

Hope to go on one soon! Wonder what routes they'll be flying on, and whom for?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
can anyone get some of the airbus pics for comparing?

Blueangel

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAngel
can anyone get some of the airbus pics for comparing?

Blueangel

Airbus...? which one

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Airbus only showed pictures of it's A380's futuristic looking upper level first class (that only Virgin will have). Lets see some pictures of the A350's interior.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Flight Deck

Notice the HUDs...

jra

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Wow, I really like the tall wide arc the inside has. Even further back, it still looks like their's a decent amount of head room above. Hopefully it stays that way. Very nice.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by jra]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Did you see the pics of the modified 747 they're gonna fly the parts and pieces around in? Good lord it's hideous.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'd build in autonomous capabilities. That way if terrorists hijacked a flight, ground control could turn it on and tell the plane to land itself at a certain airport/airfield. And I would design it so there would be no way that the terrorists onboard could turn it off or override it.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The problem with autonomous controls is what happens when the guy at the button goes postal because he's too stressed out. It would be WAY too easy for someone to decide they wanted to make a statement and push the button to take over, and fly it into something, or put it on the same flight path as another airplane. They don't even have to collide, just having a near miss would freak everyone out.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teh_Gerbil
Awesomeness! Been following this, quite a nice spiffy new plane.

Hope to go on one soon! Wonder what routes they'll be flying on, and whom for?

i dont know abt the other but Air India will be acquring 27 of these aircraft in a 50 (total) aircraft deal with Boeing worth some U.S.$ 6.9 Billion

They will be used for non-stop service between India and the US

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
yeah, I know the pics... Did you know that they can (with just one button) turn every window into a darker shadow, so that it's easier to see a movie....

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Did you see the pics of the modified 747 they're gonna fly the parts and pieces around in? Good lord it's hideous.

www.boeing.com...

Have you seen the plane that Airbus uses to fly A380 parts in? It looks like a flying Humpback or Sperm Whale! (Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable of the various whale species).

I'm sure someone can provide a link of pics to this plane. It's almost as freaky as the Boeing.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
cool dash thanx for that link to the pictures.

But it looks so "plasticyyyy"....like the stearing wheel thing....looks like it hard plastic stick.....over time that can break...esp. if the pilot needs to fight the automatic pilot control....no?

And seems as bit on the.....if one component blows....they all blow...esp. the monitor/screen on the ceiling....just one wire disconects they can't read the screen...maybe it's just that I play Battlefield (video game) with the old WW2 planes
Dam th'r fun to fly.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
HMM... Big windows and high airpressure, I seem to remember the first jetliner ever made had the same features, and terrible problems.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nope, wrong. It had SQUARE windows, which allowed fatigue cracks to occur a lot faster than they would have with oval windows, which is what caused the fuselage to blow apart. The windows were cracking right at the corners.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join