It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2ND Request for a stickied hurricane thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hi,
I made a request a while back for a stickied hurrican thread. Not just for a specific hurricane but a place to post for whatever hurricane comes our way. That way we can avoid multiple post.

A title like.... (The Official Hurricane Thread keep hurricane post here etc...)

I think it would be easier to just go to 1 thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think every hurricane creates different issues. Direction, Economic impact, Strength, Damage.

The big problem with "running" stickied threads is that because there is not a title which specifies which hurricane (for instance) is being discussed, many members/visitors have trouble finding it.

The only purpose of such a thread would be to record hurricanes and tropical storms. It would be no good for discussion for individual hurricanes.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The problem is that you'd find it hard to see what page of such a thread a given storm is on.

Recently, we came up with (what seems to be) a better solution.
We sticky a thread on a current storm when it's named. That way, everyone can easily find the latest info on that particular storm. The sticky lasts until the storm is no longer named or current. If you had all storms on one thread, finding info would be like looking for a needle in a haystack...

Now, different threads can still spawn off of the storm. For example, Nerdling's thread is specifically about the damage caused by Katrina in pics and vid. This is different than the updates, etc. on the main thread.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Gazrok]

join