It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Anything seem a bit too extreme about this? It's perfectly feasible that left-wingers who want to give Christian Righters a bad name staged this 100%. No better way to do that than to bash American soldiers at a funeral. Don't swallow everything provided to you.

I take it you don't live here in the US? Phelps has been around for a long time, and is a very nasty and psychotic man. A few of his family escaped his clutches, but he rules the rest with an iron fist.

And he's conservative. Extremely so.

Phelps has been around for a very long time. I was once targeted by him (a threatening letter) because he confused my name with a local gay activist who has the same name and lives in my city. This was about 10 years ago and he was already known for his psychopathic hatred.

Frankly, I don't give any credence to the "he's secretly gay" theory. I think he's just a sociopath in love with power (he beat his wife and kids and was influential in driving at least one young woman to suicide) and he's addicted to it and to hate because it enables him to be "better" than everyone else. The letter I got was certainly somewhat incoherent and fits the profile of psychotic.

He gets his own entry in Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a well-known expose of Phelps (he's creepy to read about):
www.skeptictank.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok, these assholes showed up in my town here about a month ago to have one their bull# "protests" at funeral for a soldier who died from an IED in Iraq. The kid was 22 years old. I think wife and kid to.

Anyrate, about 5 of these jerk offs showed up. To greet them and "allow" them their constituional rights were 7 city cops, 10 county and 2 state. They promptly parked their cars and more or less surrounded them.

The cops told the people who were there to "welcome" them, that it wasnt worth it. People pretty much ignored them. I believe in God. I believe in justice. Both will handle these douche bags.

If you dont like gays, fine. Dont be gay. If you dont like war, dont volunteer. But for the love of god, let the kids parents bury their kid. This guy is a piece of # who deserves nothing less than bullet between his eyes, in front on his "congregation"...

sorry mods, if ya gotta warn me for the language, I understand, but these "people" really get the blood boiling.......

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Gods not wrong, the people are.
Simple as matey.

Just because there are some people out there who dont understand Gods rule of 'love your brother as yourself' it doesn't mean that people like that are acting on Gods behalf, they are fueled by their own minds, not Gods.

God is peacefull. Anything that is not peaceful, is not God.

Fact.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
God is peacefull. Anything that is not peaceful, is not God.

You've never read the Bible have you?

Misift

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And why on Earth would anyone blame such ignorance on God ???
Was God leading the way ?? Carrying any signs ??
People do HAVE FREE WILL.

This is so stupid its unbelievable... Muslem countries have death penalty against homosexuality, and their not any happier because of that ...

People like that ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, they just exhist to give REAL Christians a bad name.

It amazes me how fanatics like this will point the fingers at gays, and ignore adultery ( comicted by many of their leaders), as well as GLUTONY, also commcited by many of their leaders.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Fred Phelps and his "clan" are not even worthy of discussion, that's what they want - media whores that will do ANYTHING to get attention. They don't even think of gays as being people, so I have absolutely no use for them.

I'm 100% gay - and I am SO tired of being told I "chose" to be like I am, that I'm going to hell for my wicked ways. I tried my DARNDEST to fit in my whole life - If I could have chosen which way I wanted to be - let's see - it would have gone a little something like this: "Hey - I'm still a kid, but I'm starting to feel puberty coming on, so I guess I have to pick one sex to be attracted to for the rest of my life - well, since everyone else I know is attracted to members of the opposite sex, I guess I'll go that way too - then I'll be fitting in and considered "normal" by all my friends". BAM! Choice made - "yay, I'm straight, thank you for my certificate of straightness - whew! thank GOD I didn't make the wrong choice, that could have been really embarassing!"

Is that how it worked for ANY of you?

I was raised in the "Southern Baptist" tradition, every time the church doors were open, I was there! I sang in the kids choir which was lead by Mama, made tapes of the sermons to take to the shut-ins, my Dad was the leader of the "Royal Ambassadors", I went around with the youth group putting tracts and fliers under people’s windshield wipers and was usually 'Mary's Baby's Daddy' in all the nativity scenes/plays we did. I usually didn't pay much attention to the sermons - but I do VIVIDLY remember when the preacher started with the "hellfire and brimstone" stuff - I was scared to death! - "come down at the end of the service and claim Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, OR BURN IN THE STANKY PITS OF HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!!!" Well, needless to say - after a few Sundays of hearing that guilt trip I was starting to get frightened - so when I was 11 (maybe 12) I got saved - I got baptized and was told I was acceptable in the eyes of God now – even got a monogrammed Bible from Grandma - - But still, I had no idea if I was straight or gay - had never thought about it - never thought about "sexuality" - sex was something that you giggled about if you heard anything about it - or got slapped for giggling about it if you did it in front of the adults. I’m assuming that's what a lot of 12-13 year olds went through. Not once did the church tell me anything about being gay or straight or any kind of “sexuality issues”

For me, I CANNOT imagine myself being "intimate" with a woman AT ALL! I have NEVER once felt any emotional or physical attraction that would lead me to beleive I was "straight", I don't think I "was" straight and then something happened to "turn" me gay, I just remember gradually going from being a kid with no sex drive to a teen with an attraction to other boys - but these are the options I have available to me accoriding to the people that just plain don't like homosexuality.

As I see it - from what I've read on these boards and other media, apparently I DO have a choice - and to chose, one must have options.

Here's my options - (drum roll please)

I can:

1. Choose to PRETEND to be straight, find a woman that I can TRICK into marrying me so I can have a wife, make children, pretend to be straight for EVERYONE ELSE'S benefit and just HOPE that I don't feel HORRIBLY guilty for the rest of my life for LYING to this woman, lying to my kids, lying to myself and everyone I know, every day, 24 hours a day untill the end of time, and possibly not being able to live the lie anymore and "coming out" 20 years into a "marriage", ruining everyone's life around me.

or

2. Choose to be alone for the rest of my life and die a miserable, bitter old man that never got to know love. "knowing" that I'm a lower-life form and should just spend my entire life stocking up on the SPF 1000 I'm going to need when I get to hell, because even if I don't have "the gay sex" I'm STILL going to hell just because I am a "faggot".

OK - those are my choices, according to the good folks over at the Holier Than Thou Foundation.

Which would YOU choose if you were in my situation? - You have to pick ONE. - Can't make up another one - Live a gut-wrenching life-ruining lie, or live and DIE ALONE -

I don't want either of those choices for THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

I choose to live my life doing what feels natural TO ME!!!!!

I do know that the 10 commandments tell me not to LIE - but I don't remember them telling me I had to die alone. I never have and never could Lie enough to a woman to trick her like that JUST so I could "fit in" to the mold the world expects of me. Never went on a date, never "chased tail", never had ANY sexual encounters till I was 28, and never lied about being a virgin - I WOULD lie when someone would ask "You're STILL A VIRGIN?!?!?!!??!??!?!??!! WHY, ARE YOU GAY?" I would say "NO!" and even do a little gay bashing - That is a lie I wish I didn't feel like I HAD to tell to people back then and gay bashing to "fit in" hurt me so bad inside.

If it is a "choice" Please tell me what my options should have been - because I do not know what happens after our bodies cease to function on this planet, it seems to me it would be a shame to waste this life being all alone if this is the only shot we get at happiness. Since NONE of us know for sure what happens when we die, we'd all better make the best of what we have now.

As for me - I met a nice guy when I was 28 - we've been together for 4 years now, he's the only person I've EVER "bumped uglies" with - and I hope we're together for the rest of our lives - - And we keep it to ourselves - we walk FAR apart from each other when we go the grocery store or Wal-mart - we feel like we have to hide from everyone when we go out - he won't even sit next to me in the truck so I can put my arm around him, just because he's afraid that someone will see it and do something to hurt us. We do everything other couples do, but because of the stigma put on our kind of relationship, it is a VERY strained relationship that can only exist in the privacy of our home - Now tell me I'm pushing my "adgenda" on someone - when It's OK for a straight couple to walk around holding hands and kiss in public, but I can't even think about being free and showing my affection for the one I love just because some people think it's "icky" and think they have the right to "put a stop to it" by whatever means necessary? - Besides, even if it were 'acceptable', I think displays of affection should be kept in the home, but since when has holding someone's hand really hurt anyone else? If an older boy holds a little boy's hand to cross the street, should that be "wrong" too?

At work, I have to listen to all the gay jokes and put downs- you can't really tell by looking at me or even conducting business with me that I'm gay - and I have to just grin and bare it when the "fag" jokes start and even when kids come in saying stuff like "that's so gay" and "you're a fag!" to another kid as an insult - I just have to stand there and take it - How's that supposed to make me feel? If I were black, they wouldn't use the "N" word around me, because they were taught that would be wrong, but it's perfectly OK to tell gay jokes around me because 'obviously' only guys wearing pink pumps and giant feather boas are gay and would be offended. But I found that when you go in search of gay people, that’s what you find – but only because they’re the only one’s that advertise it! All the other “regular joe” gay guys couldn’t put themselves out there because we were all afraid of being lumped in with the “feather boa, pink pumps” gays that are what mainstream America thinks we are all like. It’s horrible being a part of something that most people stereotypically think is a BAD BAD thing - and knowing that associating yourself with any part of the truth will get you associated with ALL the bad myths and stereotypes that go along with it is enough to make you want to pretend that you’re against it too. I try not to let those feeling take over my mind, and it’s hard because I DO want to “fit in” to what the rest of the world considers “acceptable” – but I know what I am on the inside, and I don’t think I should have to pretend to be something different just to make other people happy. I’ve been with my boyfriend for just over 3 years now – it is hard being in a relationship when you know that most of the world considers it “sick” but it feels right to me – and I know that If I tried to fake a relationship with a woman, My internal conflict would be MUCH MUCH greater that it is now.

I know that the first thing most people “against” homosexuality will say is that “You felt that way because you KNEW it was WRONG!!!!!!” well – no, I didn’t “know” it was wrong – I’ve been told and made to feel it was wrong. But I’ve never felt like I’ve ever really done anything that bad. I’ve never physically or mentally abused anyone, I’ve never “pushed” myself on someone. I’ve never “gone after” a straight man – I’ve never tried to make a straight person gay - I’ve always tried to “do unto others as I’d have done unto me” but I always add “if I were in their shoes” to it – not many people try to imagine what it’s really like to be in someone else’s position – I’m one of those that can’t help it – I see the hurt inside other people – I see what makes their soul weep – it’s never pretty – but it’s usually something that would go away or would have never been there in the first place if everyone had a little more understanding in their heart.

I hope I have not offended anyone - I don't want to fight or argue - I just wonder why I have to feel so HATED and so ASHAMED of who I NATURALLY am - and WHY I have to live life wishing I could either magically turn straight or just go on and die so it would all be over with just because I don't want a vagina between my lover's legs.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, maybe, if I'm lucky (since action won't do it), I'll one day be as perfect as they are and be so in touch with God that I know which sins he hates most.

Is this the same church with that idiot who had the "God hates Gays John 3:16" protest about 7 or 8 years ago that made the papers? I wish he'd just shut his hole and work on his own plank before condemning others for their slivers.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
It amazes me how fanatics like this will point the fingers at gays, and ignore adultery ( comicted by many of their leaders), as well as GLUTONY, also commcited by many of their leaders.

Not to mention pride, hate, anger, misinterpretation and completely missing God's message that He loves all of us despite our sins.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
So much for a god being all loving and trying to teach good messages.
quote from article: The church members carried signs and shouted things such as "God hates fags" and "God hates you."

You have to keep in mind that alot of churches have false prophets within them... Anybody that screams god hates you is not a true child of god... But rather satan's...I do believe this.

Was being gay on jesus' / god's list of accepted things?
Also as a believer in Christ I would never go as far to say he hates you and hates fags... That is just such a strong and unnecessary word.

I am no way a scholar on this subject but I do know that those people who shout such hate, only have hate within their hearts and are expressing it.. Which is why I think they have the spirit of satan within them more so then the spirit of the lord.

Just because they belong to a church doesn't make them true children of god...

There are cults, there are people that misinterpret the bible to fit their agenda, there are people who make up their own dogma's for material gain and ego, there are those who are workers of satan that come in the guise of 'good people'...

there are all kinds of instances like these... And because of this you too should watch what you say when you say such negative words like

"So much for a god being all loving and trying to teach good messages."

Keep an open mind and try not to be too trigger happy...

And I would also like to make the obvious observation that you yourself do not know much about god and his teachings... But would rather condemn before even learning about him.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Not to mention pride, hate, anger, misinterpretation and completely missing God's message that He loves all of us despite our sins.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEN !!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join