It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo the movie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Halo game set for silver screen

BBC

A film version of popular video game Halo is being made by two Hollywood studios, its developers have confirmed.
Universal and Fox studios are making the film, while British novelist Alex Garland has written the script.

The film will focus on Master Chief, the hero of Microsoft's Xbox version of the game, who fights to save mankind from an alien race.

It is due for release in summer 2007, although the issue date of a new version of Halo has not been announced.

Article link

I sure hope it doesn't suck like it seems Doom will, starring The Rock...
:bnghd:

[edit on 26-8-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Peter Jackson To Produce Halo

Oscar-winning film director Peter Jackson and his team will produce the forthcoming film based on popular video game Halo.
The director, who is reported to be an avid fan of Halo, will use his Weta production facilities in Wellington, New Zealand where the film will also be shot.

Alex Garland, author of popular novel The Beach, has written the script.

A director and cast are expected to be named in coming weeks.

I'm hoping they get the director of Batman Begins. Or a good director of R rated movies. Even though Halo will probably be PG-13, so it can gross more money with a wider audience.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
All video game to movie conversions are sub-par at best, real stinkers at worst. I doubt this will be different.

Seriously, I think in five years the movies will just be 30 minutes of commercials, followed by 90 minutes of random objects exploding and people dying.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Most video game movies sucked... Super Mario Brothers, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat....

Halo will just be the next on the list.

This is probably the 2nd thread on this page about this movie!

GoldEagle

[edit on 10/5/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Most video game movies sucked... Super Mario Brothers, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat....

GoldEagle

I want to direct a Legend of Zelda movie, I promise that it won't suck.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

GoldEagle

I liked all of those movies, but at the same time I liked all of those games too. I had the pleasure of playing both street fighter and Mortal Kombat, and growing up with Super Mario and Luigi.

On a side note; Raul Julia, the guy that played M Bison in Street Fighter passed away in 1994, shortly after finishing the movie "street fighter." It's a shame since I really liked his acting. Picture perfect for M Bison too.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

GoldEagle

I want to direct a Legend of Zelda movie, I promise that it won't suck.

DOOOD that would be SWEET!!!!

back on topic...

GRRR!!!! I was hoping to post this first!!! oh well.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
All video game to movie conversions are sub-par at best, real stinkers at worst. I doubt this will be different.

Granted, but Halo could be set to change all that, given the talent involved in the process of bringing it to the big screen. The inclusion of Peter Jackson as producer bodes extremely well, given his treatment of "conversion" movies in the past (ie. Lord of the Rings was converted from the novels and King Kong was converted from an older movie). Plus, with his award-winning Team WETA on board for the visuals, the film will at least look spectacular.

Alex Garland, author of popular novel The Beach, has written the script.

This also bodes well for the script. The script for The Beach was actually quite good, but I know that Alex had problems getting the actors to appreciate his vision. With Peter Jackson working behind the scenes, hopefully a good mix will be struck between script and visuals. All of which makes for a brilliant movie. Just imagine looking up at a giant cinema screen as Halo slowly rotated with that eerie chanting music in the background.

Now, who is going to play Master Chief and Cortana?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Samuel L Jackson and Eve Mendedez (my picks)

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimholt

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Samuel L Jackson and Eve Mendedez (my picks)

Well as you never see the Master Chief out of his suit I would pick Vin Diesel to play him, mainly because of his voice.

As for Cortana.................so many choices, but Eva Mendes sounds good !!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't care who plays Cortana as long as she's HOT!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Actually mine was the 1st, check the date.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i think a halo movie would be awesome, and vin diesel would be the best choice for master chief, as for cortana, i wouldnt know, someone like one of the chicks from starship troopers.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Halo game set for silver screen

BBC

A film version of popular video game Halo is being made by two Hollywood studios, its developers have confirmed.
Universal and Fox studios are making the film, while British novelist Alex Garland has written the script.

The film will focus on Master Chief, the hero of Microsoft's Xbox version of the game, who fights to save mankind from an alien race.

It is due for release in summer 2007, although the issue date of a new version of Halo has not been announced.

Article link

I sure hope it doesn't suck like it seems Doom will, starring The Rock...
:bnghd:

[edit on 26-8-2005 by NWguy83]

never fear nwguy83 peter jackson is in charge. have you seen his lord of the rings? those were dam good movies. this halo movie is gonna make billions.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just so you guys know Peter Jackson isn't directing, he's only exec producer, So who knows how much involvement he will have in the way the movie looks.

new topics

top topics

join