It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 39 Drug Firms added to CA Lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
California is going after the drug giants, accusing them of overcharging for medicines and gouging residents of the state for hundreds of millions of dollars. Attorney General Bill Lockyer added the defendants, saying each may be liable for up to $40 million.

www.nctimes.com
Among those named were drug giants Amgen Inc., the oncology division of Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., GlaxoSmithKline P.L.C., Novartis AG, Sandoz Inc. and Schering-Plough Corp.

"We're dragging these drug companies into the court of law because they're gouging the public on basic life necessities," California Attorney General Bill Lockyer said in a statement. "This may be a bitter pill for the drug companies to swallow, but the days of prescription pricing fraud are over."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its about time. Even though this may in part be designed by Lockyer to increase his chances of being elected Governor, I still applaud his efforts to bring pharmaceutical companies into court to answer for their actions.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Drug Rep Conspiracy

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I say good! Pharmacutical companies do overcharge on things people do really need and then turn around and feed others stuff that is dangerous and over-price it also. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's about time. I never understood what gave drug companies the right to charge such massive prices for drugs that some people need to live. That is below the belt corporate strategy. And to think that they sell the same stuff in Canada for lower prices. I hope these drug companies learn a lesson about their underhand tactics.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow.

Yeah!

The dam is breaking.

Bout time.

new topics

top topics

join