It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen the chicken bat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hope this is the right place to post this. Some months ago I had a horrible nightmare. I was so distraught I sat up straight in bed and as I raised my head and cleared my eyes, I noticed something strange in the room. Where my lightbulb should have been, there was something hanging upside-down in my room, staring at me.

It seemed quite small, almost the size of a large chicken and it was beigy in colour. It reminded me of a bat, except of course bats are dark and smaller and not as fleshy. This thing was def. fleshy and hanging upside down. I saw no face and no eyes, but that didn't stop me from thinking that the weird thing was 'staring' at me.

I looked away thinking I was seeing things and then quick-like I looked back and this weird thing was just hanging there, looking at me. I wiped my eyes, shut them, opened them up and looked again a third time and it is still hanging there. I start to panic a little as it was disturbing to see it something out of place like that in my usual surroundings. But more upsetting was the feeling that this thing was watching me, analysing me. It gave off some really bad vibes.

I'll fill you in on the geography of my room: Directly opposite my door, there is a large window that faces the street and there is a light lacey type curtain at the window of the type you find in houses in suburban London. I say this to illustrate that the room is never completely dark; there is always some sort of dim light coming through. The bed is right underneath the window so the light doesn't really bother me, as the window starts up halfway up the wall. Window is about 4 ft wide and 3 ft. high. and the bed is against the wall where that window is. The naked lightbulb that I am refering to hangs directly over the bed. It used to have a lampshade on it but it annoyed me so I took it off and (at the time) hadn't replaced it - Thus, it was a naked bulb hanging on wire - interrogation style. No mistaking that for a chicken.

I was too terrified to move, so I whispered to my partner, 'there is something on our ceiling' to which he replied, 'hmmmmghfhgh'. I then shook him harder and he half-mumbled, half-fell out of bed and turned on the light and the chicken thing disappeared. It took many cups of tea to calm me down that evening and months later, everytime I enter the room, I still glance up. Sometimes when I am falling asleep, I will look up to check - just in case. I've never seen it agan.

Has anyone ever seen one of these chicken-type things? I have searched fruitlessly online and have only found one other posting of a woman who saw the chicken thing in her basement one night as she went to get something. Same sort of thing... walked in, turned on lights and the chicken, although she didn't say it was a chicken, I think she described it as a 'bat that was beige'. What was most interesting was that she said she had the feeling it was 'staring at her'.

It would be great if anyone has had chicken/bat sightings.

Btw - I didn't imagine this thing. I saw it.

If you knew me you know I am not the type to 'see things'. I have excellent vision, don't wear glasses, don't do drugs and drink only moderately and then only occasionally (yes, yes I am NO fun). I didn't do anything unusual that night except have a very intense, vivid bad dream from which I awoke to see that thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I frequently wake up from dreams and see things in place of other things (faces / bodies, etc instead of clothers, chairs, curtains). I think this is a natura phononema.

- Nazgarn

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thanks naz

I don't think this is the same. I also awake from dreams and see hazy shapes as I'm sure everyone else does, but this isn't like that. This was a well formed, distinctively coloured fleshy object as 'real' as anything in my room.

Why is this any different from people saying they have seen tall dark shapes out of the corner of their eye? I saw this thing head on.

If my eyes are prone to making out shapes that form into chicken bats, then I assume I would have already seen them many times over and thus wouldn't be posting this.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well,
This could have been
1)A bat that looked larger than normal because it had a shadow behind it

2)A reflection from the street outside that happened to project a false image on the inside of the bulb

3)A bird (yes, that sounds funny)

Some questions, though: Why didn't you turn the light on, attack it, or chase it? In other words, if it was much smaller than you, why didn't you try to determine what it was? Also, how could you see its eyes in the dark?

Most importantly, though, how did this thing leave the room? I doubt you would have just gone back to sleep if you thought a demon or mothman was hanging from your ceiling.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Very Reptillian as in Animal Power Forms. The chicken is possibly the closest relative we have in the winged world to the dinosaurs, as for the bat a highly nocturnal power animal. Sounds like the Turkey Curse as practised by Discordians. Sometimes we see powerfull archetypes when we look at ordinary objects, do you do the crystal gazing? Have a look at the internet and googlewack your way around the different wiccan websites for understanding a possible depth to the scrying. Of course there are always a reference for everything. Could have been worse you could have saw the Bat Boy like in a Trainspotting vein.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Well,
This could have been
1)A bat that looked larger than normal because it had a shadow behind it

Possibly, but this thing was not dark. It was beige. Not sure about a shadow. I don't remember one.

2)A reflection from the street outside that happened to project a false image on the inside of the bulb

Yes, this is always possible.

3)A bird (yes, that sounds funny)

Yes IF it wasn't hanging upside down and it was too large to be a bird. Also the reason I said 'chicken' was because I don't remember visible wings.

Some questions, though: Why didn't you turn the light on, attack it, or chase it? In other words, if it was much smaller than you, why didn't you try to determine what it was? Also, how could you see its eyes in the dark?

I don't think it was a demon. Then again, I've never seen one, but that wasn't my immediate thought. I'm not religious so don't really believe in them.

I said clearly I never saw its eyes. I don't even know if it had eyes. I said I felt it was looking at me. I know this sounds strange but I could feel it staring at me. Something was in my room watching me and it was a very frightening experience. You are supposing that if you found something hanging from your lamp you would automatically attack it or investigate it, more power to you.

I wanted to walk across the room and flip the switch on, but I was scared that if I moved it would attack me. I stared at it, it stared back at me. All I could do was nudge my partner.

Most importantly, though, how did this thing leave the room? I doubt you would have just gone back to sleep if you thought a demon or mothman was hanging from your ceiling.

I've never seen a mothman. Aren't they supposed to be huge with wings? This thing which I can only describe as a chicken was about 20 - 25 pounds. Maybe a turkey would be a better description. BUt it was the same colour as a chicken and the legs or the form seemed to be tucked under or hidden within its body.

I always sleep with the window open - it is strange I know, even in the winter. But it is a habit I developed since I was a child. I can't sleep with it closed, much to the annoyance of others as I get clausterphobic when I don't have fresh air.

It is very possible it was a giant bird or moth or something that flew out of the window when my partner turned on the light.

But to me that thing was huge and heavy. I didn't hear anything breathing except me. I didn't see ears or eyes. But... here is something I didn't add in the first post, its eyes were 'red'. How do I know that? Well, when I sat up drinking cups of tea and telling the story, I mentioned that I felt it was like an infrared light looking at me - blinking like the lights from a smoke alarm. And no, I don't have one in the bedroom. I have no visual proof as I did not see the eyes, only felt them.

Thanks for answering - I like logical replies, that's how I usually get to the bottom of things.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by nikelbee]

[edit on 26-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by castlesonair
Very Reptillian as in Animal Power Forms. The chicken is possibly the closest relative we have in the winged world to the dinosaurs, as for the bat a highly nocturnal power animal. Sounds like the Turkey Curse as practised by Discordians. Sometimes we see powerfull archetypes when we look at ordinary objects, do you do the crystal gazing? Have a look at the internet and googlewack your way around the different wiccan websites for understanding a possible depth to the scrying. Of course there are always a reference for everything. Could have been worse you could have saw the Bat Boy like in a Trainspotting vein.

What is a turkey curse??? I have searched online for beige bat and chickens but not turkeys. I don't do crystal gazing no - I am interested... how is that relevant?

I do have excellent vision though - let me explain. Anytime I catch something out of my periphery it is something 'real', even in the dark. I know people who 'see' things mistakingly all the time. I am not one of them. Anything I see, I can prove. I can walk down a hallway for example and see something pass out of the corner and know it is something foreign that wasn't there before; meaning, someone in my house moved it - like furniture or a book or folder. Watching television the other day I saw something fast and black, run through the room all the way across the room in the dark. It was a spider. We get them a lot this time of year in England.

I'm not showing off - First of all I'm female and if you've ever read about visual awareness you would know that our peripheral vision is sharper and capable of taking in almost twice as much ground as the average male, sometimes up to 180 degrees. Talk about your eyes going to the back of your head! Apparantly this is because men's eyes see better straighter and more tunneled - it makes for good speed and accuracy. Ours on the other hand is more of a huntress vision and it takes in the panoramic view.

Fun filled facts about our differences... God, I know I'm going to get flamed now. Btw - I read somewhere that this is why men can't look at other women and get away with it
We can see you without turning our heads.

Most men can't - they have to turn their heads to see anything.

Sorry - went a little off topic here...

I have never seen a UFO, never seen a ghost (only in dreams) never seen a demon and only have this sad chicken thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't know if you gaze at objects you can sometimes scry forms and that, it is said that you may have the eye for the occult. Now bats are very potent as an animal who hasn't been scared of them and as for vampires well there's your references for that.
But Chickens hmm it was maybe something you have seen on TV or not. Are you vegetarian? There is a very good book called Chicken Soup For The Soul which is about spiritist genres.
I'd agree women have better traits than men they give birth for one while the husbands # off, I don't know about the peripheral vision it is said that through practise one can see behind their heads like Rabbits a bit like Ninjitsu and Samurai practises as in martial arts and night meditations.
A beige chicken hmm have you played Zelda the manga game based on Chinese Myths? You have to carry them above your heads and you can throw them as well. I've seen spiders alot as well. These are possible visual anchor evoked resource states that are probablly referenced from others.
How strange an apport an apparition from nowhere, get the holy water I would if you are that serious about it. Chicken Bat hmmm could be your power animal theriomorph form - you could use it as a spirit guide.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I didn't 'see' a spider - I mean I did, but it was a 'real' spider. It scuttled across the floor and then my vegan mate let it out into the garden. He doesn't like to kill anything because he is an ultra animal lover. Too bad he can't convert me

We women have better peripheral vision not through practice (although I'm sure that helps) but naturally. We have more cones in the retina of our eyes or something to that effect.

btw - I haven't played Zelda in years! I'm not a gamer really and rarely watch television, although I do enjoy films. I'm much more of a reader.

Thing is, I think the chicken could have been related to my spooky dream - even though in the dream there weren't any chickens.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I got this from a website about shamanism to help you....

Chicken/Cock/Hen's Wisdom Includes:

Power of voice

Understanding language

Pecking out the answers that escape others

Awakening powers at sunrise

Protection of family and community

Hearing your inner voice

Also this is about the bat a possible power totem....

Bat's Wisdom Includes:

Shamanic death and rebirth

Pollination of new ideas

Transition

Initiation

Viewing past lives

Understanding grief

The use of vibrational sound

Camouflage

Invisibility

Ability to observe unseen

The Spider seems a very mysterious power to work with, alot of people don't trust it.

GOOD LUCK!!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know your post made my evening. Thanks for really trying to help me find an answer.
I think I should take a break from politics and go read some totem links!

I'm giving you a big thumbs up - my first on this board ever

top topics

join