It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and the Tarot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:
Cug

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'll reply to this quick like, and then shut up as it's OT

Originally posted by gps777
I often read your posts when i see them to understand your point of view of the OTO from what i`ve seen from you its not vulgar to me as i`ve seen it described elsewhere from your descriptions or interpretation of it,tho it is still on the opposite side of the fence from Christianity.

No augment about the fence.. But honestly if you looked into it you just might change you mind about the vulger bit, but IMHO that's no big deal. I don't care if I change anyones mind, I just would like people to form their ideas using something that is at least close to the truth.

If you do not believe in our God and Christ how do you think you can answer my question?

If you Cug asked a question to fellow OTO`s and got an answer from a Christian and their perspective, i suppose you would just say oh yeah i`m nuts i think i`ll become a Christian

Just sharing my point of view, and asking about yours.. you know a discussion. (BTW I was a Christian at one point so I do have some understanding of Christian thought.)

Hitler was said to be Christian to,i dont believe that.Who knows what Hitler really thought he was tho, but you might Cug.

Don't really care what it was... evil is evil.

Anyway Have a great Christmas to ALL that means you to Cug and everyday after that brought to you by our one and only Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas to you (And to every one else)

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Bibliomancy.. I love it....I have never heard that term before tonight, what a christmas eve present you have given me, Oh I knew of people doing just that, but had never tagged it until now. The quote was fitting too, Ruth is my middle name. Trinityman, I live in Trinity Bay myself, it was the name Captain Cook first gave to my area.

Anyhows enough of that. I got my answer, men are not allowed to study male freemasonry. And the things that the women study is not as in depth as the male freemsonry. Having said that I have no desire to join, never had and never will. What does crap me off is not being able to sit down with a fellow student of life and discuss thngs with them on the same level, as a freemason cannot discuss the matter I wish to discuss. Whereas Cug and others have on many an occasion.

I do not go for the group mindset nor the structured learning. Im not into rigidety in my studies. I like exploring the byways as such.

But there is times I would like to sit down and have a decent debate on the 22 and all shapes and numbers inside.. whether we are talking Kabalah, atu, trumps, arkanas.

Most Masons get that smug look on their face and clam up or just pretend they don't study similiar items or the book of knowledge in whatever form it takes.

My clan motto is Hold Fast to which i have added I will endure and they are really the way I work, if it was my kid in an issue, and with six of them it does crop up occasionally I will endure and hold fast as I do most things. So if I sound like that so be it but my kids already go to a catholic school, Im a presbyterian by birth and church of England by upbringing and my own beliefs are pretty much along what Cug said, no God or lots of them. My girls are girls and my boys are boys, my daughter goes to girl guides, my sons joining boyscouts but if one wished to do the other, I dont see any problem with them doing it if it is what they wish to do, See I teach my kids that "they can do it" and each of them is an "individual" to travel their own "pathways"..

But mother is just one badge I wear, the badge on the Hat i have on at the moment spells Mayet and Mayets thoughts on the sexual discrimination of learning within the freemasonry organization. It exists, now that you have admitted that women cannot join Male Freemasonry and learn exactly the same material as male freemasonry members, I am happy, it is now public record for anyone who reads this thread at any time in the future to see and decide for themselves. Having said all that have no fear, I am not going to be the one who decides to break down those walls and demand admittance to that last bastion of male dominance.

Someone in this thread said Jesus is the light... goes to a poem I wrote thats on this forum in the writers forums..

Jesus said I am the light but it may yet be a cloudy day......

sun worship is all well and good, but don't forget that fire consumes and it takes clouds and water and air to protect the earth from that all consuming fire.

I will say something though, I guess you boys don't get to practise much tantric or sex magick successfully..........

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
As you might be aware, freemasonry developed out of the stonemason guilds of the middle ages.

So the defense is that Freemasonry is retaining notions of gender inequality present in the middle ages? That's an excessively slow curve of development, wouldn't you say? As the official lodges were founded several hundred years after the cathedral-building era of the middle ages one has to wonder why the craft was maintaining biases that were at that time already well antiquated.

Originally posted by Trinityman
I think single sex organizations exist as people like the company of their own sex from time to time. Personally I don't have a problem with that, but I know there are people that do.

This likely sounds harsher than intended, but the same rationalizations are and have been made by clubs and organizations for the exclusion of many disenfranchised populations. One has to wonder at the validity or sincerity of an organization that espouses such egalitarian tenets while stubbornly refusing to recognize their own gender-bias. Obviously identicality between the sexes is a biological impossibility and I never suggested otherwise. When you leave the measure of equality to a representative of the organization doing the discriminating you obviously are going to get a slanted perspective.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would like to continue the discussion on Tarot and Secret Societies.
I am using secret societies in its contemporary (non-historical) meaning here as in New World Order (perhaps an internet phenomena
but a reference to some power structure no matter how vague). It seems to me that the symbolism of the occult, such as the "eye of
Providence", has been confiscated by such entities as the Rothschild banking family who use the pyramid and "eye of Providence" in their Israeli buildings. Also, it does seem that the Federal Reserve with its structure of concentric circles is similar in some sense to the Ps
Dionysius hierarchy as described in Ecclesiastical hierarchy. Again, in the exact opposite sense in which it was used by Ps. D. Apparently,
the Fed is a child of a member of the Warburg family also involved in the Warburg Institute. And, of course, it is no secret that the Rothschild's own a famous collection of Tarot cards. In summary, then, I am saying that these artifactual symbols of the Renaissance have been perverted in order to be used for an entirely other purpose Thus, the thin line of connection with the Tarot cards. Can you comment on these connections. Kapoore

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kapoore

I would love to reply to this post. I just cant divine what exact point you are trying to make. is there a question there?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join