It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: 10 Month Old Girl punched in street by teenager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A baby girl was viciously assaulted yesterday at 9pm in the middle of the street for no reason by a teenage thug who punched her several times in the face and stomach, in front of her mother.

The girl, who was with her mother Yasmin, 28, was just 20 yards from her home in Somerset Street when the attacker struck. They had been visiting Mrs Ali's mother-in-law in the same street.

Full Story Yahoo News

What can be said......I feel sick, absolutely sick. If the government cannot prevent this happening then something radical needs to change. What are we coming to.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While yeah its wrong and sad, what is this supposed to mean......

Originally posted by chebob
If the government cannot prevent this happening then something radical needs to change.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
While yeah its wrong and sad, what is this supposed to mean......

Originally posted by chebob
If the government cannot prevent this happening then something radical needs to change.

It means if the crime and yobbery in the UK can't be stemmed, then the government need to introduce radical new laws to put an end to it. It's an opinion

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If this country wasn't so pathetic we would allow tasers and pepper spray. Then women would be able to defend themselves more, an din this case their children.
We would also stop nammy pammying around and have a system like in the states where when 999 (911 in states) is called from a mobile, if it has GPS it is automatically tracked. Only here it's not allowed because of 'privacy laws'. But of course if they really want to know where you are because your a suspect they still do it I bet.

Once again, the steps taken by the noble people trying to make it a better place for everyone else backfire and cause more problems.

Only decent law abiding people are affected by the law, CRIMINALS are not as they don't abide by any of them. The doo-gooders that helped to ban self defence items, promote privacy, etc only ban them from good people. The criminals don't care, it's another law to break to them.

So the good people of the world stand noble and defenseless while the scum of the Earth rule with laughter.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
quotes from the story you linked:

The incident in Middlesbrough shocked police who have launched an urgent hunt for the attacker, aged between 14 and 16, and who may have been under the influence of drink or drugs.

Under the influence...gee ya think:w: If not this punk needs to be shot on site. I take that back this punk needs to be shot on site regardless.

The attack happened at 9pm on Wednesday night on Borough Road in Middlesbrough at its junction with Somerset Street.

I live in the U.S. and have little knowledge of the U.K. is this a bad area of town? Not that it matters of course, not exactly gonna be able to make sense of this one. Was hoping this was a joke/prank, guess not. Absolutely unbelievable.

Although a quick search gave no corraboration to this story, so hopefully it's BS...cause if not

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Although a quick search gave no corraboration to this story, so hopefully it's BS...cause if not

It certainly isn't, it's been on both the main terrestrial channels news this evening (BBC and ITV). Sad but true I'm afraid.

As for wether it's a rough area, I'm not sure, but to be honest there seems to be less and less places you can call safe these days.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here's the BBC link just for confirmation

BBC News

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, if UK didn't have a gun ban...!

That's part of the problem. Any time you ban guns, the crime rate goes up.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Words can't describe on what I feel when babies come in harm's way, absolutely sick!
Thank god she is still alive, 10months for gods sake.. How can someone do this...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What an out rage. I hope that teenager gets the highest punishment.

Originally posted by Amethyst
That's part of the problem. Any time you ban guns, the crime rate goes up.

Guns don't solve crime problems.

In Total crimes (per capita) the UK places 6th and the US places 8th. Not much of a difference. Dominica places first, guns are not banned there.

If you look at Murders (per capita) the United States comes in 24th place where the UK comes in 46th.
Colombia tops the list and I'm pretty sure guns are not banned there.

www.nationmaster.com...

top topics

join