It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Power Outage Leaves 120 Million People In Indonesia Without Electricity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A power outage left 120 million people without electricity for more than 5 hours in Indonesia. The president of the country, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, ordered the secret service and the police to find the cause of the outage. The state run power company declared that they did not find the cause of the blackout which led to a loss of 20,000 megawatts.

www.asianews.it
Jakarta (AsiaNews/SCMP) – In Indonesia 120 million people were left without electricity yesterday because of suspected technical problems at power stations. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono ordered police and secret services to investigate the energy outage which left nearly half the population in the dark and created serious inconveniences, especially for transport and hospital services.

The state-run company which supplies electric power declared itself ignorant of the cause of the blackout which cut off electricity in homes, business enterprises and trains for more than five hours, leading to serious road accidents in the capital.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would really like to know what exactly caused this outage. We know that the sun has been acting crazy lately but I am not certain if there were any large CMEs latelly that could have been the cause of this large outage.

Any information from anyone in the area would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Is this similar to the power outage we had in the states in the Northeeast ack in 2003? I find this rather odd, especially when the power is run by the state.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
``

that Pravda affiliated writer...something like Schorchal Faal??

has a article about it...and says the outage was caused by a
?static charge? that came from the earth and shot up to the sun
and resulted in the sudden and massive new SunSpot...

i gave up in the 1st paragraph...if your intrigued,
try either WorldNetDaily.com
or WhatReallyHappened.com

its gotta be in one of those sites i scanned over this morning
~~~~~~~~~~

ahha, made a quick run,

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

sunspot 798 ensued

[edit on 25-8-2005 by St Udio]

df1

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

In March 1989, a severe geomagnetic storm knocked out Quebec Hydro's grid from James Bay to Montreal, cutting power to almost six million people.

In 1994, a similar storm destroyed circuits in the $296-million Anik E-1 satellite, disrupting Canadian TV, radio and data transmissions.

Two years later, yet another geomagnetic storm affecting American satellites caused a massive break in pager service in the United States. And in 2003, a storm briefly cut power to 20,000 people in Sweden.

Major geomagnetic storm

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sunspot 789 is the culprit, but it didn't erupt as a result of a static charge fromt he earth...

rather the other way around... the sunspot caused the problem with the grid,

contrary to the world crap daily... it was a 12 when it was on the far side of the sun, and when it rotated around, it happened to erupt to an 18...
we had auroras in colorado... almost far enough south for me...

noaa space weather archive

as to Pravda...careful what you read.. some is contagious...

[edit on 25-8-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

top topics

join