It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the torus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
does anyone know much about the geometricle configuration and its implications on the mechanics of reality?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I know a little bit of what you're getting at I think. I'm certainly not an expert or anything though.

How much do you already know about and to what degree, roughly???

A simple way of saying it I suppose could be that the Torus can represent both Geometric and Mathematical "proofs" for describing our universe. When looking at all the data and Tori in a big picture kind of way, a much more significant perspective can also be understood to various degrees philisophically as well.

It can get pretty complex though, so is there a specific area you'd like to start??? Like the Math side of it, or the Fractal Geometry side of it, or the more metaphysical theology side of it, or the Physics side, etc...???

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ahhhh... there is mOjOm, hands upon the wall, wavering over the fault line, looking in.

I cast my vote for the metaphysical. It's fuzzier, and less finite, and it is so important to the destruction of mental and psychic barriers that, once we are relieved of them, we can come to new and improved understandings.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Wow, I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about. But I would love to know. lol. Is there a website out there that describes these things... dare I say.... simply? Can someone post the "bare minimum, most simple" version of this stuff? I looked for some of the words being used here and they all ended up being on Harvard and .Gov websites :\. I can't tell if this is about "sacred geometry", quantam physics, virtual reality, or what.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Wow, I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about. But I would love to know. lol. Is there a website out there that describes these things... dare I say.... simply? Can someone post the "bare minimum, most simple" version of this stuff? I looked for some of the words being used here and they all ended up being on Harvard and .Gov websites :\. I can't tell if this is about "sacred geometry", quantam physics, virtual reality, or what.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

The Torus is a geometrical "Doughnut". It can how ever be in a more complex shape then that, provided that it's still completely connected (the 3-dimensional symbol for Infinity is a good example).

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
harmonicresolution.com...

what i know about it so far ive learned from this site, so my understanding is most basic at that.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The following is compliments of World Book Encyclopedia Online:

Topology, «tuh POL uh jee», is a branch of mathematics that explores certain properties of geometrical figures. The properties are those that do not change when the figures are deformed by bending, stretching, or molding. Topology makes no distinction between a sphere and a cube because these figures can be molded into one another. Topology makes a distinction between a sphere and a torus (a doughnut-shaped figure) because a sphere cannot be deformed into a torus without being torn. Topology is called rubber-sheet geometry because its figures can be deformed.

Unlike high school geometry, topology ignores straightness, parallelism, and distance because deformation can alter them. Instead, topology studies such problems as the number of intersections made by a curve with itself, whether a surface is closed or has boundaries, and whether or not a surface is connected.

Topology makes up theorems and tries to prove them. The four-color theorem applies to maps. It states that four colors are sufficient to color any map so that, in any group of adjacent countries, each country is a different color. The American mathematician Kenneth Appel and the German-born mathematician Wolfgang Haken proved the theorem in 1976.
END

Then I recommend you check out various websites that deal with something called Knot Theory. Now, you may think Knots are boring, but if you're curious about geometric shapes and their impact of reality, consider how the shape of something the size of Earth might have it's gravitational pull affected because it's the shape of...oh, say...a Granny knot.

Consider this: Our own sun is a simple sphere. Yet, it has a whole multitude of Magnetic Polar Points whereas our Earth has two.

Weird, eh?

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Toelint]

new topics

top topics

join