It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Angels Grounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Just caught wind that the US Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team "grounded" themselves after an incident during a demonstration. One wing tip came into contact with another wing tip but no one was harmed. Anyone else heard of this?

BlueAngel

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
No, but the same thing hapened to the Thunderbirds...
Do you like the Blue Angles, if so please post at this thread...

The Thunderbirds vs. the Blue Angles

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything about a Blue Angels accident in several years. I think you misheard, or were misinformed. The Thunderbirds suffered an accident over the weekend, but I can't find anything on a Blue Angels accident.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry for the inconvenience...I believe I heard it on the news...Natl./local...im not sure...can anyone find any thing on this?

BlueAngel

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i also searched the internet...nothing...odd...

BlueAngel

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I looked on CNN, and the last Blue Angles story they had was when the first Blue Angels pilot died last week.

Here's the story about the Thunderbirds.

www.wkyc.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
this must be the story...mixed up the demonstration teams though...thanks zaphod and sorry for the mix up

BlueAngel

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
No prob. That's why we're here. to get the right information out there to people.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAngel
Sorry for the inconvenience...I believe I heard it on the news...Natl./local...im not sure...can anyone find any thing on this?

BlueAngel

That explains alot since when has the news media let a little thing like the truth get in the way of a story. I can understand when something is happening live with getting things a little messed up in the confusion, but when it is something that is easily verifiable, why damage what little credability that you have by getting it wrong?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good point JimC...mistakes can be made though...thanks all for clearing up the confusion

BlueAngel

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Blue Angels at their best.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Beautiful Pic. Jezza. Call me old-fashoned but I still love when they had the A-4s. I saw the last show in A-4s and the first show in F/A-18's

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This thread needs to be closed, the angels where never grounded, it was the thunderbirds.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This thread needs to be closed, the angels where never grounded, it was the thunderbirds.

I know that I stated previously that the it was the Thunderbirds who were grounded, but I have since found out that the Angels had a 1 day Safety Standdown to review the Thunderbirds incident. They then double- checked their own procedeures to insure that it wouldn't happen to them.

new topics

top topics

join