It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop using oil from Venezuela and Arabia.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
.... And before someone replies saying "But Ox.. The refineries in the gulf are still shut down" yes.. I know.. but. . of the 7 refineries that shut down due to the hurricane.. They only produce 10% of the Nation's gas supply.. so what gives?

Supply and Demand are about equally balanced. A shutdown of 10% is quite a bit considering we need every drop we're getting.

Here's an analogy. Let's say that you make $100 a week (to keep the math simple) which equals out to $400 a month. In food, gas, bills, etc you spend $395 a month. Let's say the next month you suddenly lose 10% of your income (or $10/week = $40 month).

This means at the end of the month you brought in $360 but you need $395 to pay all the bills. For a while that may seem okay since over time you have had an extra $5 a month to cover yourself. In this one month alone you would need 7 months worth of that extra $5 a month. Once you use that up... You better hope you regain that 10% of income or you're walking to work.

Ox

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah oil this, oil that, let's just invade Iraq and steal thei...oh wait. Here's an idea, how about better, safer and more public transport systems so there doesn't have to be 20million cars on the road in the USA. Greed is good, yeah only if you're a car maker an oil tycoon or petroleum lord.. Next thing you know we'l have vehicles that run on coc aine and we'll be able to praise columbian drug cartels yay!! . Wake up, something has to be done NOW! We can't just rely on oil and gas refineries, if we do there will be no great untouched natural habitats left, and the world WILL become chaotic. What I'm saying is, screw the government, there has to be someone out there with brains to figure this one out

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't think the problem is where to find oil in the short run. It's the fact that oil will not be able to meet the demand for it in the very near future. I have also been told that their is a serious problem with ethanol. It takes more energy to produce it than you get from it. So why is somebody or our GOvt not finding a new source of energy or at least looking for it.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
I don't think the problem is where to find oil in the short run. It's the fact that oil will not be able to meet the demand for it in the very near future. I have also been told that their is a serious problem with ethanol. It takes more energy to produce it than you get from it. So why is somebody or our GOvt not finding a new source of energy or at least looking for it.

Well there is not shortage of oil in the ground and getting it out is not expensive either. Huge profits are being made by one and all involved in this industry...

This is a good place to check on how simple it really could be to provide near free power to one and all. You can specifically look at Dr Bearden's proposal right at end.

If you have questions about oil supplies and availability check here.

Anyways!

Stellar

[edit on 25-10-2005 by StellarX]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I get oil from Venezuela every chance I get, your problem is Saudi Arabia and Kuwait not Venezuela.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Personally If I were a Canadian I would be worried.

See them canucks have over a trillion barrels of the stuff up there in Alberta.

The North Dakota national guard is recently back from Iraq and their battle hardened. I would be very worried.....

[edit on 4-7-2006 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ack! Where the heck did you come from???
Long time, no see.

Edsinger, you should know by now that most Canadians only fear invasion from one country........

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Ack! Where the heck did you come from???
Long time, no see.

Edsinger, you should know by now that most Canadians only fear invasion from one country........

Really?

Is it .......France????

Glad to be back...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No, it isn't the French. It's those sneaky Danes trying to take our barren chunks of rock in the Kennedy Channel.

An article you might be interested in: Klein touts Alberta oilsands as election winner for U.S. Republicans

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

No, it isn't the French. It's those sneaky Danes trying to take our barren chunks of rock in the Kennedy Channel.

The Danes! I would have never guessed. That is funny indeed!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Strange that Venezuela was mentioned in the front of this thread with the Arabians. First off we could be seeing more South American oils if it wer'nt for the neocons funding the drug cartels down there and protecting the coc aine shipments to the rest of the world. It just so happens that a Democraticly elected Venezuelan government offered to supply fuel to the northern US states to offset Katrina well and refinery damage and lower costs. All that got covered up by the US Corporate State run media schills. You can't blame a government for wanting to protect and help people unlike the DC Cabal!

Mod Note: New Policies for Political Bickering – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
No I mean RAMP it up to make North American self suffient in oil.
No offense but the Canadians dont have he resources to develop it on the scale that is needed.

Offense taken... what cheek!... don't have the resources...Keep yer grubby paws off our resources eh?

Just stop using oil. Its simple just boycot the BIG oil companies... [no American will stop driving to protest].. but if you start a campaign against the big guns, watch and see what happens... a month of sales drops at the pumps amd Exxon won't be reporting the biggest profit per quarter ever while soaking us at the pumps "because of the war"

See what a month of no sales at Exxon pumps will do to that profit margin!

Want to see who has all the oil? This is from a CIA source so you know its trustworthy

Now I have also heard it said that the trigger to changing from oil to other renewable fuels is when oil hits 100.00 a barrel. Its getting close... thats why all the talk of green feuls and Hydrogen stations that Shell is putting in over the next few years. The car makers are also gearing up for the change, but it has to hit $100.00 before it will happen...

So hurry up and get there you Arab Oil Mongers... then we will show you what to do with that oil! Try buying WMD's with sand... see how you make war then!
OIL RESERVES

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
[Removed this part of quote]

Mod Note: New Policies for Political Bickering – Please Review This Link.

Notice this tag, I can't edit the post to remove some political retoric. What I have noticed is the excess language against Librals and Democratic and the Bias this board has against us. Notice all the thread crapping from individuals before me that are off ths subject about Oil and the subject countries.

My views are in support of Venezuela and the free market. The US GVMT is cornering them into being worried that their country may be invaded. While there is no current intel suggesting it, the White house continues to threaten them. The US has a huge interest in Citgo and it's chain of independantly owned stations. It's not Political bickering to state that the US sposored arms for contras which is where all this political stage was set against South American countries.
[edit on 11/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 29-7-2006 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It takes 1 $ to extract 2 $ in oil sand in alberta, its not very profitable if you ask me. Why? Simply because alberta will become a huge desert by the time we can manage to suply the US. You have no idea how many land is turned into nothing after those big Caterpilar trucks have extract all the oil sand.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join