It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft bombed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
there is a runway very near (I.e a few feet away) from a beach somewhere sunny. cant think of where it is off hand. airliners.net have some cool pics of aircraft flying in

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Director
there is a runway very near (I.e a few feet away) from a beach somewhere sunny. cant think of where it is off hand. airliners.net have some cool pics of aircraft flying in

Philipsburg / St. Maarten - Princess Juliana (SXM / TNCM)
Netherlands Antilles, March 2001

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yup. Best approach ever from a spectator's point of view. Anyone seen the video of the first 747 taking off from Bournemouth Airport, UK?

Check it out
It just keeps coming and coming and coming and.. holy shhhh.......

If you like fly-bys here are a couple nice vids.

Jaguar Keep your finger on the volume control!
Down and dirty Vipers

[edit on 9/2/2005 by CyberianHusky]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The reason there in no cage over the intake is because there is nothing strong enough to withstand a bird strike, not only would the bird go through, but it would drag a super strong cage after it. Anyone who has seen a birdstrike first hand knows the power a bird has when it is hit at high speed.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What kind of aircraft was the second one? I though military aircraft could take a bird strike to the engine?

Not very many planes can take a bird to the engine with the fan blades being ripped off sending thounsands of little pieces into the engine...

I saw the second video on bigboy.com, they said it was an F-14

Link:www.big-boys.com...

Notice the 2 american sounding voices (cockpit voice: british accent, others, not british accents

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
my favorite was the 747 one. jesus. it was less than its own height from the ground.

and i thought the jets came in low here in san diego.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It was fun at the Airport in Rhodes, we stayed right near it. It starts and ends just out the sea! Great to watch planes comingin each day and taking off, right over the sea.

Also was fun oging into Klagenfurt in Austria, flying in really low over people's holiday Villa's. I mean low, you looked outand could see the folks swimming, walking about, etc...

Bird Strike video was scary. Really must suck having to eject and know you just wasted a rather expensive piece of equipment!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A point to note... Just after the pilot says eject-eject-eject I think you can see the shadow of one of the ejection seats race across the surface..
Is that what I saw? It went up pretty fast that shadow, but then ejection rockets provide you with g-forces of upto 30 now..

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Daedalus3]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join