It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locked Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hello,

I recently started a thread which has now been locked.

The thread was started in the Religious Conspiracies section.

Religious Conspiracies are such that they cannot be easily detected or understood.

That is generally the nature of any conspiracy.

The thread was locked because a moderator was either having difficulty understanding or made it blatantly obvious he was not willing to put in the effort to understand.

In order to properly deny ignorance some effort is required.

Please continue to facilitate the denial of ignorance by unlocking the thread.

Or is this a conspiracy?

Here is the thread

regards

ablebodiedman

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Did you read why the thread was locked?

Summarize, quote and cite work with links, write something original, explain why this is a Conspiracy in Religion, then give the members something to discuss ON OUR DISCUSSION BOARD and I'll consider reopening this thread.

Seems reasonable to me.

If you start a new thread and follow the instructions above i suspect the thread will remain open.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Difficulty With The Concept

Originally posted by ablebodiedman
The thread was locked because a moderator was either having difficulty understanding or made it blatantly obvious he was not willing to put in the effort to understand.

In order to properly deny ignorance some effort is required.

Please continue to facilitate the denial of ignorance by unlocking the thread.

Or is this a conspiracy?

Oh, this is rich.

I'm with RANT on this one.

Please. You can do better than that.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Exactly, follow the instructions and it will be opened.

I don't think you understand just how frustrating it is for members to go to a post and find something like that, one line of text and a blind link.

It's a moderators job to discourage these posts. You're lucky it wasn't trashed to be honest.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Exactly, follow the instructions and it will be opened.

I don't think you understand just how frustrating it is for members to go to a post and find something like that, one line of text and a blind link.

It's a moderators job to discourage these posts. You're lucky it wasn't trashed to be honest.

I could paste the entire thing into a post however, it would still require effort to read and understand it.

You want to deny ignorance and yet you are asking to be spoonfed.

Now wonder so many conspiracies are successfull.

No one is willing to make the effort to find out if they have been duped.

It's so sad.

ablebodiedman

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I dont think anyone's asking to be spoonfed information here.
I think all that is asked of you is to paste maybe the first 2-3 paragraphs or so (depending on length) so that it isn't just some mysterious link that noone has a clue what it is.

Your original thread has basically no information at all about what the post on your blog is about, might I make the friendly suggestion that perhaps you could create a brief introduction before the link, maybe quoting the verse in scripture (or wherever it is) where this man is mentioned or something? The introduction would not only lessen the chances of the thread being closed/locked, but would also produce a basis for further discussion on the matter.

There isn't a lack of effort to read and understand whatever conspiracy that you are trying to put out there. The problem is that most people won't click on the link without knowing at least a little about what lies beyond.

However, if you find that the amount of effort required to create and post an introduction before linking to your full work is too great, than I am sure that I will not be the only member to agree with the position the moderators/staff has taken. (
, couldn't resist)

UO

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Did you read what it says at the top of the 'post reply' screen?

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events,
please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

ATS is already crammed with pointless posts. Why dont YOU try put some effort into making a thread thats even a little interesting instead of 2 or 3 words and a link?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I could paste the entire thing into a post however, it would still require effort to read and understand it.

If it would take effort to read and understand, then it's not exactly spoonfeeding, is it?

It's so sad.

I think that by coming here and reading the posts that follow a simple request by the administration, we are making that effort. How hard would it have been to summarize your blog, or post a couple of paragraphs from it?

I skimmed through some of your blog--I don't feel like making all of the effort to find if I've been duped if you don't want to make the effort to follow board rules--and from what I saw you could have the makings of a decent article that would go for a lot of discussion. But posting it as you did makes it just seem like you're advertising your site and not like you're trying to open a discussion. If you want people to hit your blog, ask admin if you can put a link to it in your sig like the rest of us.

Kinda reminded me of those old ads "Want to find out? Read the book..."

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

First, I take umbrage at the insinuation that people here are not capable of understanding or need to be "spoonfed."

Obviously you consider yourself of high intellect, yet you can't write even a simple paragraph to explain what the heck you're talking about.

Yes, I glanced at your blog. I say glanced because your single blog post is written in a style that goes on and on and on down the page requiring the reader to scroll half a mile. Did you ever consider what you call "effort" is not worth the bother without a summary or an "ad preview" with where you are going? Even a book has a dust jacket summary after all.

If you can't be bothered to write a summary here, the why should we bother reading your blog?

Yeah, you said it! Nobody is willing to read half a mile of vague and scattered thoughts only to find out that they have been duped and the actual point of the matter is nowhere to be found.

You want people to trust you're going somewhere with your writing on "faith" and when they don't...you resort to casual insults to people's intellegence and acting "put out" because your thread was closed.

I think that is poor form all around, especially after so many people here have explained it to you.

If this is how the "faithful" act, it certainly sets a poor example for those they are trying to reach.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Exemplifying Ignorance

Dude, did you even read this thread?

You're dishonestly crying “conspiracy!” and slandering the staff and your fellow members because you can't be bothered to learn basic posting skills.

Utter hypocrisy.
:shk:

The staff can't help you if you refuse to honor the rules you agree to obey by posting here.

Your repeated insistence on insulting the staff and membership of this website and publicly whining about this instead of taking the ten minutes or less needed to cooperate with the reasonable and straightforward requirements of posting articles on ATS is not a conspiracy.

It's a personal problem you seem to be unable or unwilling to correct.

That's what's so sad.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Whilst I understand the rules for posting (now having been banned for my somewhat 'extreme' views and being allowed to post again), I took the time to read the rules and Regs appertaining to this site.

I too, agree with the Mod concerned, about the nature of your post - and that is a first for me, believe me.

However. In view of what it states in the Biblical Codes about the year 2006, perhaps fellow members should take or make time to read the link in full, before passing Judgement. (Don't ask me, because, like the Mod, I can't be bothered!)

After all, "Judge not, least ye be judged!"

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thread Closed

Please everyone just relax a bit and try to enjoy the board and members.

new topics

top topics

join