It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock and Awe, do you know what it is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Shock and awe - My reaction when a government that has been supplying terrorists in Northern Ireland for 30+ years suddenly launches a war on terrorism.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Think of shock and awe like this "Fire for Effect!"

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

You made this claim, and you gave your source. I checked the source and it doesn't support your claim. So what's the game here?

Please reassure me that you have not deliberately posted false information to ATS. Perhaps I'm missing something here, and I ask for your help in clearing it up.

I recommend providing a link, and I don't recommend trying to pull my leg twice.

i think he might have got the info from here majic..

According to leading mythologist William Henry, Shock and Awe relates to the ancient Hebrew phrase Shak-In-Ah, meaning glory. Among ancient mystics, Shak-In-Ah was known as the power of the Ark of the Covenant.

Now, whether consciously or in response to unspoken inner kowledge, the Pentagon has named its overwhelming assault after this legendary power.

www.unknowncountry.com...

i found this on my search as well but couldnt find anything else on this line so stuck with my history teaching`s of it being a doctrine invented by Sun Tzu

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Shock & Awe strategem saves lives of combatants and civilians alike by negating the need for full conventional warfare.

Off to the Doubletalk Bin for you, boyo!

War does not save lives.

There is no need for conventional warfare

There is no need for 'shock and awe' tactics.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Blitzkrieg (German for "lightning war") was an operational-level military doctrine which employed mobile forces attacking with speed and surprise to prevent an enemy from organising a coherent defence.
en.wikipedia.org...
upload.wikimedia.org...

You could say it resembles 'Shock and Awe'.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just because Blitzkrieg was employed by the Nazis it gets this image that its horrible and evil. When actually it was a genius military strategy that worked perfectly. This is one of those times were you blame the person not the gun.

Anyway what's so controversial about Shock and Awe? It helps us make the war easy for out men an women by scaring the... out of our enemy. It saves lives plain and simple

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Shock & Awe strategem saves lives of combatants and civilians alike by negating the need for full conventional warfare.

War does not save lives.

I must disagree. There are many things in this world that are worse than war, and times when war saves lives. Among those would be situations in which there is a tyrannical government prone to "disappearing" dissenting citizens, as well as playing host to terrorist training camps and directly funding the families of suicide bombers.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronX

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

War does not save lives.

I must disagree. There are many things in this world that are worse than war, and times when war saves lives. Among those would be situations in which there is a tyrannical government prone to "disappearing" dissenting citizens, as well as playing host to terrorist training camps and directly funding the families of suicide bombers.

There may indeed be times when war saves lives, point taken, but the war in Iraq definitely isn't one of those times.. . . . the daily body count is much higher now than prior to the war and people are still disappearing!

To put it luntly, Shock and Awe didn't work!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join