It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this Hurt or help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I found this on CNN this morning, Just wondering what you guys thought, would the us take Chaves out, I guess i Never really thought that Chavez was a threat,

So after reading this link what do you guys think

www.cnn.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed Title

[edit on 8/23/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Good ol' Pat is a spawn of Satan. Anyone who can listen to this man and think there is an ounce of Jesus in his heart is delusional.

He called for the murder of a man. And regardless, this is counter to the teaching of Jesus in the new testiment. Pat will burn in hell.

As for the political issues, if the US dare assassinate Chavez oil would come to hault in the states and the economy would be crushed, since the ONLY oil would be comming from Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wow Pat Robertson is a few french fries short of a happy meal.

There is ways to handle things and then there is ways not to handle things. Especially looking at 700 club standards. Maybe this Chavez character needs to go...I really don't know. I havn't been walking down the street lately in fear of Hugo Chavez or Venezuela. I will let you know when I start to tremble.

Man this guy puts on the blinders and goes. It is kind of ammusing. Just thank God this guy isn't in control of our armies. We would have had a nuclear war 5 years ago. He reminds me of the crazy drunk Uncle at the family reunion, you never know what he might say.

Vote For Pat Robertson 2008

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
thats kind of what i was thinking, i really didnt think venezuala had a problem with the US or Vice Versa, or how it all got started,

Ive never heard of pat robertson either, but from what you guys have said its sounds like he as sharp as a marble

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Good ol' Pat is a spawn of Satan. Anyone who can listen to this man and think there is an ounce of Jesus in his heart is delusional.

He called for the murder of a man. And regardless, this is counter to the teaching of Jesus in the new testiment. Pat will burn in hell.

As for the political issues, if the US dare assassinate Chavez oil would come to hault in the states and the economy would be crushed, since the ONLY oil would be comming from Saudi Arabia.

Actually, the US imports oil from a variety of sources. The US typically imports more oil from Canada and Mexico than Saudi Arabia in a given month. Venezuela is 4th, generally amounting to about 13% of US imports.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Relations between Mexico and the US as well as Canada and the US aren't too good either right now. Right now my country is considering Teriff in retaliation to the Softwood dispute. Not positive on this but maybe just maybe the US has bitten off more then it can chew. It's harboured right-wing extremists for far too long, time to get tough and sanction these assholes. This time just don't concentrate on Islamic extremists but ALL extremists. Of course since America is the home of the "free" Pat's inexcusable outburst will just cause a Media controversy and probably increase his ratings with the fanatical fringe(of which there seems to be quite allot of running around the world these days) while he personally rakes in more cash. It's all in the name of "Free Speech" you know.

What do you think will happen when Chavez turns off the Oil? 13 %(or whatever %) is a significant portion of supply. If it disappears then we(that is You guys in the USA) will be feeling the pinch, like it was 1929.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
"It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don't think any oil shipments will stop. This man is a terrific danger, and this is in our sphere of influence."

I think Pat's sphere of influence just went down the drain, unless his supporters support assasinating government leaders.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Venezuela's oil exports make up well over 20% of the country's GDP. Chavez won't cut off the supply of oil. He'd be biting the hand that feeds him. The worst Chavez will do is cut off exports to the US, but this will do nothing but create a surplus somewhere else in the world, which will open a new market from which the US can import. I seriously doubt he'll even do that. Likewise, the US isn't going to upset Venezuela's oil exports and risk an already fragile energy balance. Its all sabre-rattling from both sides, nothing more.

As for Pat Robertson, I don't agree with him, but I think he's got a right to say what he thinks, regardless of whether anyone likes it. Free speech was indeed one of the principles this country was founded upon and I'm not in favor of revoking it just because I don't like what someone says.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

Wow Pat Robertson is a few french fries short of a happy meal.

He is short all of the fries, the burger and the drink... I used to live in the boondocks and was only able to pick up two television stations (too far out to get cable, and the landlord wouldn't allow a satellite dish). So I was "blessed" with watching the 700 Club on some of the days when I wasn't drunk and on the computer. What amazes me is how the other people on the show treat Pat Robertson. They act like he is some kind of "holy wise man" that speaks the word of God straight from God's lips. It is absolutely sickening...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Chavez hasn't been too popular amongst all the people of Venezuela but if there was a clear assissination, who knows what would happen.

Let's see...Chavez vs Robertson in a fight....hmmm....

Unless Robertson can summon the powers of Jesus, I think it is a unanomous decision.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join