It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000+ People Protest Bush in Utah! Mayor Included!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
During Bush's visit to Salt Lake City Utah demonstrators and protesters in the thousands spoke out against this false war on terror. The thing that shocked me was that the Salt Lake City Mayor delivered a speech for the protesters, which came from the heart and supported them 100%. Saying that that the corrupt Bush government must be stopped and demanding that he send the troops home. This is the first time in a while that I have seen a mayor speak his mind about this war on terror.

Here is a direct link to the video:

kutv.com...@kutv.dayport.com

This only amplifies bushes current downfall with the public regarding his policies on the "War on terror."

Here are a few current polls showing Bush's current approval rating.

[edit on 8-23-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
2000, that's quite a crowd. I can only hope that this is a sign that more people are becoming more aware of what's going on and that they will have more motivation to get out and speak their minds.

I think a lot of people don't feel 'safe' to protest, but seeing the Mayor speak out encourages the masses to say what they really think. Good for him!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is pretty well known that Bush does not rate well these days around the country regardless of what political party you support. Protests will become more common place each year he is in office and each year we remain in Iraq. The fuse was lit and eventually the bomb will explode. I don't think people are afraid to protest and in fact, most seem pretty verbal about there frustration with current events. The key is can everyone keep it peaceful.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thank you for those amazing charts!

There appears to be less and less approval lately.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ouch... i almost feel sorry for bush.. but alwell he deserve it anyway

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Thank you for those amazing charts!

There appears to be less and less approval lately.

Just trying to show, with all simplicity, the updated charts (aug 2005) of what people really think about bush. I will try and make the charts easier to read next time.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just a word on the charts. They are slightly misleading. Any chart that's comparing to 100% should show the whole 100%.

The first one shows from 25 - 65%. If anything they should 'cut off' the same percentage from the high side as they did from the low side. If they did, it would show from 25% to 75%, making the difference or gap appear to be slightly smaller.

Same thing on the other chart. If they're going to start at 15%, they should go all the way up to 85%.

Visually, these charts are slightly misleading, but as long as you look at the numbers, you can get the real story.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Where did you get the number of two THOUSAND protesting. The radio news said it was "around 200."

This is the only picture of the crowd I could find:

The only articles I can find are the AP wire about the mayor "calling for the biggest rally in state history," and that he expects thousands to show up. But the story is written before the fact.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Where did you get the number of two THOUSAND protesting. The radio news said it was "around 200."

Story

Thousands of people streamed into Pioneer Park Monday in perhaps Utah's largest protest since the '70s. It's not just the regular crowd of activists that are starting to speak out.

A huge crowd estimated at two-thousand plus strong is hoping to push America to a tipping point for peace.

Did you watch the video? The news channel claimed 500. But it was an all day thing so I don't doubt that at least 2000 showed up.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The only site I had found was for a different local station

I didn't watch the video feed on either one. --I am surfing surreptitiously while I'm at work !!!!

Why do you think they said "500" ? Were they trying to downplay the whole thing?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Why do you think they said "500" ? Were they trying to downplay the whole thing?

Either that or at the time they got the story, that was the current estimate. I have no idea, really. I'm sure people came and went all day.

new topics

top topics

join