It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whistleblower heroine Sibel Edmonds continues her campaign to wake this country up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here's the link to the ACLU page regarding this matter and you'll find the link to the pdf document
sighting the reasons for the appeal.

www.aclu.org...

www.aclu.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I advise against jumping to conclusions.

As do I.

Originally posted by soficrow
Majic's apologia notwithstanding, ...

... I am apologizing for no one.

The primary meaning of the word "apologia" is "a statement in defence or justification." ...I was referring to your arguments justifying Ashcroft's gag orders.

... those who deride my skepticism are forfeiting any chance of gaining my agreement on a topic.

What skepticism might that be? All I hear you saying is to back off, and let the government handle it.

[

Originally posted by soficrow
...the US operates on a system of checks and balances - and the Senate and Congress are part of the loop. To defend activities that neutralize the US governmental system, and the nation's Constitution is ...questionable.

You can make any assumptions you want about what my motives or interests may be ...

I am not making any assumptions - just observing and questioning. You gotta quit jumping those conclusions, Majic.

FallenFromtheTree - thanks for your work, and for bringing this important issue into the public domain, where I for one believe it belongs. ...GREAT letter from Ms. Edmond's lawyers.

Democracy does not and cannot exist without active, informed citizen participation - or today, whistleblowers. We absolutely need to protect our whistleblowers' right to blow their whistles, and support transparent systems of evaluation.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join