It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black plane crashed in Mosul? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I read a blog by Michael Yon every day. If you don’t know who he is, he is a free lance journalist embedded with DueceFour in Mosul Iraq.

Well, in his latest dispatch he mentions something that really stood out to me. He mentioned a super secret plane crash in Mosul.

This guy isn’t one of us if you know what I mean, he is a normal writer and the overall story has nothing to do with secret stuff.

Here is the snippet from his latest dispatch:

"Did you know about the 'super secret spy plane' that crashed in Mosul?" (Yes, I was on a mission in Mosul at the time. It was flying over Mosul in support of operations.)"

Now the question ask is this: WHAT? What about this? What plane? Anybody else know about this? This story get buried by the brass? I want to know all about this.

Any of you hear about a super secret spy plane crashing in Mosul?

[edit on 22-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am sure it was just a UAV. Probably one of the new stealth recon UAV that are under development and chances are it had engine failure due to the airborne sand.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Good guess, but why would they be using a stealth UAV when radar detection is not a threat? The insurgents dont have radar. There has to be more to this than that.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The reason he had 'super secret spy plane' in quotes like that is probably because of sarcasm.

A very small UAV did go down earlier this month and was captured by insurgents but it's nothing impressive.

Here's a copy of the insurgent video:
2005-08-11 Jaish al-Taifa al-Mansoura downed Spy Drone.rm

Just click the button that says free for the download and wait in the queue for about a minute.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This would certainly explain the utter lack of a story about it. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join