It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Guys let me say that i do not intend to accuse any government people but hear this:
The American people -proud and decisive-, who stopped believing blindly to his government at 1963 when JFK died, should make some serious thoughts: the government made mistakes over a million times, begun wars and sucrificed people. My intension is not bad. I am just trying to make you wonder about who YOU vote, who will let 'we' rule. Stop being blind and accuse anybody who states aginst your, our free wills. Let arguments to be thought about what is hidden from us, which people want to state fake wills. I dont want to turn it agin at aliens too, but without the ability to avoid it hear also this;
The truth is out there, but so are lies, we make our OWN destiny, we RULE ourselves...

[edit on 22/8/2005 by CommanderX]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ok, I am missing the point. Can you try explaining a little clearer? If your point is that you think American's are ignorant to the workings of their gov't I think that is discussed all over this website in various areas. I do think some are ignorant and others not. I also think there are as many untruths on this site as there are truths. The key is to keep asking the questions and not hide your head in the sand regardless of what side of the fence you are on.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I didn't mean to offend the American people. I think i made it crystal clear.
I just said Americans should be more careful when trusting their government and not just admire their politicians.
I hope you didn't misunderstand my point.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Since the beginning of this country, there have been those who have trusted and those who are skeptical. There have been those who have followed blindly and those who have rebelled against everything. The extremists get the attention because...Well, they're extreme. However, the majority has a balance between the two.

It is natural for humans to be inclined to believe those whose beliefs are similar while distrusting those who have a different ideology. To use American politics as an example (though I'm sure this mentality is true across the planet), if I'm a Republican because I believe that ideology but don't know a lot about politics, with the exception of the soundbites the media gives me, I would probably have one of two reactions to a politicians words. I see on the bottom of the screen D (for Democrat) and I question what he's saying. I see at the bottom of the screen R (for Republican) and (s)he say exactly the same thing, and I'm inclined to believe it.

That, too, is an extreme example. The majority of Americans are moderates. They don't stick to party lines but have some views that coencide with one party and some views in line with the other. I am fairly sure, though, that the rest of the world can't see that, especially when they go to boards like this. Why? Because generally people won't want to take the time to type out their opinion, give their money to a campaign, make an ad, start a website in support of an issue unless they really believe it, hardcore. Ironically, it is the extremists who spur on great movements like the civil rights battle. The extremist decides they have to change this, and they start a movement that those who aren't quite as passionate but do believe get on board for.

Alrighty, not sure how I got there. What I'm trying to say is that Americans do not fit one mold. Those you hear about are those on the fringes, typically (like myself).

Oh, and generally, we don't admire our politicians. We think of them as lying, coniving, cunning, mean-spirited, power hungry people who will do anything in their power to get elected. As to trusting the government, that is slightly easier because of the nature of our government. We have two sides currently that pull no punches, and are generally balanced in the government. If one side starts sneaking around or whatever, the other side will be there with gusto. Remember Watergate? On top of that, if the government as a whole has a plan, they're still not going to be able to get every one of these elected officials who are at political odds with one another to cover something up because they are, as I said, power hungry and, if they see an opportunity to further their own careers, they'll take it, exposing whatever the conspiracy is.

I know I wasn't offended by your statements. Why should I be, you're expressing an observation.

new topics

top topics

join