It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS is now a common farce due to NASA/USA failure to live up to their end of the bargain!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why mock Soyuz? Its more relliable than any manned US vessel. And cheaper to run. And quite stylish!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Why mock Soyuz? Its more relliable than any manned US vessel. And cheaper to run. And quite stylish!

I'll give it the cheaper part, but not the reliable or stylish part... Can you at least provide some links to substantiate the reliable part?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Not got alot of time but heres one

and heres another

Sorry i cant find any statistics. But with 800 flights under its belt Soyuz is very reliable and according to this Wikipedia article Soyuz and the Shuttle have the same reliability.

And as for style thats really a question of taste, i just find the grace of the launch vehical and the ruggedness of the ship itself quite endearing.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Sorry i cant find any statistics. But with 800 flights under its belt Soyuz is very reliable and according to this Wikipedia article Soyuz and the Shuttle have the same reliability.

Excuse me? LMAO!

I have nothing against the Soyuz, and I'm not bad mouthing it at all. But this comparison is laughable.

I golf ball is more reliable than an F-16 as well. But we wouldn't make that comparison, now would we? We wouldn't...but you just did.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry, i dont pretend to be an expert on this. Any partuicular reason why comparing Soyuz and the shuttle is laughable?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You have to keep in mind though that those statistics are in relation to what information Russia has actually given us. A LOT of the information has been withheld and even changed so that Russia comes out on top. We know that there are dozens of fatalities in its space program, but Russia refuses to give out the info.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sorry, i dont pretend to be an expert on this. Any partuicular reason why comparing Soyuz and the shuttle is laughable?

It's a "can". You blow it up there, dock it to something, and then let it fall back down and hopefully don't fracture too many spines on impact. It's not re-usable. It's just a can - really more of a pill box. To compare it to the shuttle is really like comparing the Gemini modules to the shuttle. They simply aren't anything alike. The more capabilities a craft has, the less reliable it will be. It really is pretty much like comparing a golf ball to an F-16. The golf ball will be more reliable, but try to get it to fire a Sparrow in a hard bank at a couple of g's.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ah, i see, thankyou

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
ISS sections and who builds them

Courtesy of Boeing, the largest ISS contractor.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

We know that there are dozens of fatalities in its space program, but Russia refuses to give out the info.

wow, interesting........................ paranoid crap

the russians have had their accicents, so the americans, but the tendency about less accidents on the past decades is favorable to the russians,is obvious that the shuttle is the most dangerous space "ship" , there is just no way to scape in accidents, instead soyus have a capsule sub-rocket system that will save the crew if something is wrong

so what if it isnt reusable???, why to put -and pay- for a launch of a behemont??? with loooot of unuseful mass??, the soyus rocket-capsule concept still is much better

"the shuttle is reusable", so????, it cost more and is more hazardly.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by grunt2]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join