It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some new info on Jurassic Park IV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Jurassic Park IV (2007)

Status of Jurassic Park IV
Slowly but surely, it's coming.
by Paul Davidson

April 11, 2005 - "In an interview with Cinemania magazine (and reported at Dark Horizons), effects wizard Stan Winston revealed why the fourth Jurassic Park film isn't in production yet, and the reason will be a familiar one to frustrated fans of Indiana Jones: the screenplay is still under revision, and will be until the producer (Steven Spielberg) is completely happy. Jurassic Park IV isn't just a money grab, it's an attempt to make one more good movie out of a popular franchise that still has potential left.

"...Things have somewhat slowed on the development of the film, as Steven [Spielberg] wasn't very enthused with the first couple of screenplay drafts. I think he felt neither of them balanced the science and adventure elements effectively. It's a tough compromise to reach, as too much science will make the movie too talky, but too much adventure will make it seem hollow. So we're sort of on hold at the moment, just waiting for the written word to be in place, and then it's full steam ahead, baby!"

It's great to hear that Spielberg continues to take the science of Jurassic Park seriously - despite the somewhat outlandish premise of the entire series. As noted before, Dr. Jack Horner, a renowned palaeontologist, is working with Spielberg and the rest of the team to keep the film realistic in its portrayal of dinosaurs.

Winston also related that reuniting with the Jurassic Park group is something he greatly looks forward to. "We're all very excited at the prospect of working together again, because doing a Jurassic movie is like a big family reunion. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else, so it's a lot of fun. I also enjoy the challenge of once again raising the bar and bringing the world something extraordinary."

We'll let you know as soon as the script gets Spielberg's okay and the film gears up for production."

It is from IGN but I do not have the link. It seems that Spielberg does not want to make the same mistake that he did on JP III.

[edit on 8/21/05 by jetsetter]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What mistake besides the annoying kid? JP3 was great, hell the T-Rex Automatron had it's head ripped off by the Spinosaur Automatron! Why the T-Rex doesn't show up in any other scenes when it was planned to show up a couple more times.(Female/baby/however many more T-Rex there are)

Don't forget Robert T. Bakker, finder of Utah Raptor and Acrocarnothus.(sp?)

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
JP III was a pille of dino crap. It lacked the feel and content of the first and second films.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
JP2 Sucked compared to the book, ever read them? I don't think there is a JP3 or 4 book though. The books were great and wish the movies would have stuck to them more.

But JP3 not being off of a book was great, except for that kid, didn't like the kid. I did like the running joke through the film with the telephone ring.

Any clues as to who the JP4 will be about? Already had Malcom and Grant, so who is left? BTW Ian Malcom was the best in 1 and 2 IMHO. Actually read up on Chaos Theory after I saw the first movie, understood 1-2% of it but still.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have read both books. The first movie was much more closer to the book than the second one.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sounds intreting been waiting a while for some news on the new Jp movie just hope it's not a let done when it gets made.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sam Neil said JP4 should have been JP3, and JP3 should have been JP4.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So it does have Grant in it? at about Ian Malcom?(Jeff Goldblum((sp?))

Love the JP Series, both book and movies.

new topics

top topics

join