It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object Caught On St Helens Cam Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This was on only one of the frames. The cam updates every 5 minutes.

Please take a look. This is really strange.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
looks an hologram type of flying object...

Or is it the camera due to EM interference with the flying object...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Um...it's a bug flying in front of the camera. Case closed. :-)

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Looks like a bird? I don't see any craft type object but it is still a nice shot of the mountain.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I always love the bug and bird theories

Volcanos have something to do with what? Fire

Seraphim

Divine creatures from the Old Testament, associated with the Cherubim, and later taken to be angels. The root of Seraphim comes either from the Hebrew verb saraph ('to burn') or the Hebrew noun saraph (a fiery, flying serpent). Because the term appears several times with reference to the serpents encountered in the wilderness (Num. 21.8, Deut. 8.15; Isa. 14.29; 30.6), it has often been understood to refer to "fiery serpents." From this it has also often been proposed that the seraphim were serpentine in form and in some sense "fiery" creatures or associated with fire.

www.pantheon.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree on the hologram look of this object. I also think it has a triangular shape to it. This came directly from the cam and as for as I know has not been placed there by someone. I am not saying what it is but feel certain it is not a bird or bug. Could be wrong but I do not think so.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
3D On 2D

I'm not an expert, but these are my honest impressions.

The scan-line-ated artifact does not appear to be an object that was actually in front of the picture. Rather, it appears to be some sort of digital effect.

I'm not sure what kind, exactly, but depending on the nature of the camera, a lot can go wrong in there.

The fact that it appears on only one frame is noteworthy from the standpoint of a “glitch”. The clear scan-lines are also an important clue as to the origin of the image.

However, with a five-minute-per-frame shutter rate, the appearance of a physical object in only one frame is hardly conclusive of anything.

That said, this doesn't look to me like anything that was actually in the air between the camera and the mountain.

It seems superimposed to me, and very much so.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Do some research on Rods and you will see that it is nothing more than a bug flying in front of the camera. The triangular shape is due to the bug's wings flapping too fast for the camera's shutter speed to pick up.

Another example...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's has the shape of a jet, notice the sleek body, with triangle shaped wings infront, and a tail in back, standing up.

Also, the thing about the "rods", I myself highly doubt it's an insects wings flapping too fast, there are cameras out there with intense shutter speeds, like 1/8000th of a second, I dont know of any insect whos wings meet this speed.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes, there are cameras out there with much faster shutter speeds...but any pictures of rods are taken with no such cameras, or with cameras set with a lower shutter speed. Don't tell me the WEBCAM used for the mount st helens shots has a fast shutter speed.

Anyway, people see what they want to see. Enjoy your rods, or whatever you think they are.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Whatever it is I'm pretty sure it has a perfectly natural explanation. It obviously is going fast enough for the camera not to pick it up clearly. The scan lines mean that the object was going faster than the camera could record. It is most likely a bug or bird.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It kinda looks like a "rod" rods have been proven to be nothing more than a camerna anomoly when a bug flies across the screen and the expsoure time is too fast or too slow i forget which one

jra

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selective_ID
Also, the thing about the "rods", I myself highly doubt it's an insects wings flapping too fast, there are cameras out there with intense shutter speeds, like 1/8000th of a second, I dont know of any insect whos wings meet this speed.

And just how often is one going to be taking pics at 1/8000 of a second? Pretty rarely i'd imagine. Unless it's a bright sunny day and one is using a really high iso speed on there camera for some reason.

If some one's just taking a regular picture, generally they won't have such a fast shutter speed. And your average cameras don't get that kind of shutter speed anyway.

I defiantely believe those are bugs in sensfan's pic and volcano pic could be one or a bird. It's interlaced probably because it's a webcam (a good one, but still a webcam) and it's quality isn't the best.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If you put it into Photoshop and de-interlace the image it makes a bird more or less.

You can bring the image together to get a triangular shape which looks like the wings of the bird are down, then using other options you can make it into an X type shape which looks like the wings are up.

Depending on how the camera takes it's images, i'd say it's caught the bird in two movements across one frame which is why you can de-interlace it between both.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Who's Counting?

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
Depending on how the camera takes it's images, i'd say it's caught the bird in two movements across one frame which is why you can de-interlace it between both.

Seems like the most plausible scenario so far.

Unless of course that was no mere bird, but none other than Count Chocula® himself.

Or well, you know, something conspiratorial like that.

[edit on 8/22/2005 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
did anyone even think that it could have been a cloud a piece of dust on the lens or something or that is just a dark patch of woods or something to me it doesn't look like really anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Seems a bit different that the more usual captures - horizonatal grain is a bit odd compared to the rest of the picture.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I agree Dallas this one just seems different for some reason. I have tried to say to myself that this is just any of the above but, it just does not leave me satisfied as being what it is. We may never know what the object is. Thats why I put it on here for everyone to see. I have seen the others on several different sites but agree this one is different. I do appreciate all the explanations from everybody on this and say a big thanks for all the help. If anyone knows more please let me know.

top topics

join