It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Gas prices now ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
does your car need premium due to an aftermarket performance chip?
or is this something that the owner's manual said?

if your car is chipped, then you'll be kind of SOL if you dont put premium in. this is because performance chips can actually use a more aggressive timing with the spark plugs. with a lowwer octane fuel, it wont burn as easily with this timing, so you'll end up getting knocks and pings when you drive. (this isnt good for your car at all).

if it's something that was said in the owner's manual you're probably going to have a lot more room to play here. this would depend on your car though.

How do I find out about the chip? My car is a MBZ C-Series.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I actually noticed a small drop overnight, but this was between 2 seperate stations (which are part of the same franchise or whatever) within a half mile of each other.

On my way home last night regular was $3.09 at Hess. this morning it was $2.99, at Hess.
This is the Metro Boston area (Somerville).

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
How do I find out about the chip? My car is a MBZ C-Series.

Unless you've modified the ECU (your car's computer), then i'd have to say you've probably got a stock chip.

(from the sound of your reply this sounds like the case. most car nerds that i know who modify the ECU can easily spout off what make and model chip they've used. please don't take this as an insult or anything like that - i totally don't mean it to come off like that).

In any case, i'm not very familiar with Mercedes-Benz motors so i cannot tell you for certain if the need for premium is BS or not. Sorry

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
gas prices here today are like 3.59 for regular unleaded and 4.00 for premium. Thats like a .75 increase in the last 2 days.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Same here in NE Ohio...... $3.40 a gallon for reg!!!

My 1993 Honda Prelude says to use Premium!
what are you.... high?
*calms angry voice in head*

I keep in mind the vehicle was manufactured in a different time, but still not too long ago. Something has to change, if this is their way of increasing the poor population, it's working.....

I know I myself don't have $300 extra a month to pay for gas. It's getting to the point where I might have to choose; gas or insurance? No I'm not one of those people with a $250 cell bill each month
, rent, gas, food, insurance and of course DSL
are my only bills and it is still difficult. I can't even imagine what it's like for people with car payments, mortgages, children to feed....

I guess the question is, how much worse will it get before it gets better?

I know I don't have an answer.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
On the way home from work this a.m. I paid $3.09/gal for 91 octane out here in about the middle of Missouri. Interesting side note is that Missouri and Illinois are beginning to investigate the price gouging that is going on. Last time this happened a number of stations got their collective hands slapped and people got money back.... I'm saving my receipts!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by And1balla2829

Originally posted by dbrandt
I'm in SW Wisconsin. Gas was $2.59 2 days ago before Katrina and now it's $2.85.

I live in SE Wisconsin and it went from 2.58 - 2.99 and now $3.29 in 3 days. This is ridiculous... and some cities in Iraq get it only for 5 cents a gallon. Thats Bull Crap.

[edit] HOly #. Gas prices above 6.00 in Atlanta (gas gouging, governer on it, just saw it on the news a second ago)

[edit on 31-8-2005 by And1balla2829]

You just be glad you dont get your gas in the netherlands, its $7,50 per gallon here

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It was $2.99 this am, but by 2pm it was $3.15 in north GA, just above Atlanta. Thank goodness not everyone is following the lead of the station that was charging almost $6. At least not yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
East Tennessee gas at $ 3.19 to $ 3.29 per gallon for regular 89 octane. If this is price being raised to make a quick buck off this situation, I hope to God that they pay dearly for doing this to all of us. Thought there might be a few of you coming to the Smoky Mtns this holiday weekend and would like to know this. There seems to be plenty of gas in this area at the present.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have to chime in on this: In NH, my local station went from 2.79 yesterday, to 2.99 last night, to 3.19 today. Meanwhile, the gas station down the road that was always 20-25 cents more expensive, went from 2.75 to 2.85 overnight. I stopped there even though I had a little less than half a tank.
I used to drive Dodge Durango, back when the gas prices were like $1/gal, then, a piece of the tranny broke on the way home one night and gas prices started to rise, so I decided time to get a new car. I commute about 45 miles to work one-way, so I got a 2k5 Honda Civic. Currently, getting 38-42 mpg if I roll at about 60 mph. I'd still take this car over a hybrid.
We(My wife and I) try to get all of our friends to buy Honda because they don't break, gas mileage is insane and they are overall good cars.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I'm outside Milwaukee, reg. unleaded is 3.49.

Anyone know the difference between premium and regular unleaded? My car only takes premium, so I'm wondering how much of a difference it would make if I were to fill up with regular (if I can find a nozzle to fit).

LOL hope you filled in last nite today that citgo by you went to 3.89

I paid 3.79 out here just a couple hours ago and they say the price is going up again tomorrow or so the owner claimed. State law says they can only change prices once every 24 hours according to channel 6 news last nite. Ole filled up by you on the way home and told me I should have bought yesterday

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
have has one seen the reports of people stealing gas strait from the stations tanks. i got a job to weild the gas tank inlits closed at night. then cut them open in the morring.

i was the price change while i was sitting at the pump. from 2.39-2.59

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27

Can you clarify the above. Are you saying while you were at the pump pumping gas they changed the price on you? If that is the case I believe that would be illegal since you started to pump expecting it to be one price, the one advertised when you started pumping.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In Pittsburgh Pa, The gas went from $2.55 to $3.20 in 24 hrs.

But this was suppost to go gove 3 bucks in a few days not 24 hrs... Gas will be 4 dollars a gallon I would guess by this time next week. Just an educated guess considering what is going on now..

I really think that the pres should have put some type of Cap on the Pumps.. 4 or 5 bucks per gallon..

I can actuall maybe even possibely see gas in some places getting 10+ dollars per gallon.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You know this has got to be killing the independant truckers big time.

All this kinda made me wonder what would happen if the independant truckers AND any Teamsters hauling non perishables got together for a 72 hour safety stand down event?

They could drop their trailers almost anywhere and take their tractors home.

Drop the price of fuel or we drop our loads.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by DRAGON27

Can you clarify the above. Are you saying while you were at the pump pumping gas they changed the price on you? If that is the case I believe that would be illegal since you started to pump expecting it to be one price, the one advertised when you started pumping.
Yes an they have did this here in Ohio also, I have been at the pump before an the guy was changing the price. He said I could have it at the Lower price of course, but I was amazed that they do this in the middle of the day.
Gas here now is 3.09, The Station down the road here ran out of Gas Weds. and today ( thurs) still not got gas. There is other stations though that didnt run out.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I read claims earlier this evening that gas in Atlanta hit 6 bucks a gallon at isolated spots today. Could put a MAJOR dent in this supposedly growing economy.

The States are going to conserve gasoline by reducing road maintenance and lawn mower use, but this won't be a drop in the bucket compared to all the constituents engaged in panic buying. People are freaking out, and the refiners and producers are raking in the dough, big time. Technically they're losing out on sales, because some gas stations are going dry and having to turn away customers, but the huge numbers of sales have to improve their bottom line at the end of the day.

I wouldn't buy gasoline at these prices, it's not worth it. You know who I feel really sorry for, besides truckers? Pizza delivery boys. They're getting creamed, big time. Cabbies too. There's no way they can maintain profitability in the face of these prices.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
[

i got it for 2.39 but the next guy 2.59

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well today was interesting for me on Long Island gas was $2.79 a gallon last night this morning it was $3.29 on my way to Practice. Then on my way home I noticed the gas was $3.59! Man I Should have filled up last night.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Rabid_marmcet0529]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, luckily, I was at half a tank, having filled up the day before the storm hit (as I knew what to expect). I topped it off last night for $2.69 a gallon. This morning, that same station had it for $2.99 a gallon. I usually keep at least a couple gallons in approved gas cans, as part of my storm supply kit.

I think I might upgrade that with an additional 5 gallon can....

This weekend, I'm planning to fully assess my storm supplies, and make sure I've got everything. I'm usually pretty well-stocked, but I'm sure there's some things I'm out on....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join