It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Gas prices now ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Paid $2.77 US for 93 octane yesterday evening. Haven't been out today yet and have to put gas in my car. Fortunately, most of my driving to and from work, 50 miles one way, is on freeway and I get 30 - 32 mpg in the Vette. (If I keep the speed limit to 75 or less)
Joey, my lovely wife, calls it our economy car.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
just reported on tv $5.50 gal in Atlanta, any confirmation from members in GA?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG
Since I last posted, a matter of hours ago, gas went from $3.06 to $3.29.

Again I ask, because it IS true they are rationing....is that legal, or just another scare tactic.????

I see some concerns of "will we even be able to BUY gas soon?"

I'm in Central Illinois. I've watched the gas price go up from $2.45/gal to $3.10/gal in one day!

It get's worse. I live in a small rural community with 3 gas stations. Two have run out of regular unleaded.... the other is due to run out tomorrow. No delivery of fuel until Friday at the earliest. I've also heard they might be delivering no more than 50 gallons of fuel at a time.

Anyone else experiencing this? I cannot find a good explanation for why this is happening. Where the heck is my gas!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They just showed video footage of a BP station with gas at $5.87 for regular in Atlanta.

While I was shopping in Kroger, gas went from $2.96 to $3.10. I was only shopping for about 30min. It was $2.67 this morning

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm in SW Wisconsin. Gas was $2.59 2 days ago before Katrina and now it's $2.85.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Our gas prices in Western Mass went up 27 cents in one day. $3.13/Gallon Regular now at Cumby's.

Not that insane if you compare our prices to the rest of the Western world. On the global pricing scale we're kind of in the middle.

The real sore spot will be the rising transportation costs for materials and finished goods, not to mention agricultural products. Food prices already outstrip inflation by a wide margin, this will only exacerbate the situation.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Some countries in the Middle east pay less than a dollar per gallon. Doesn't make our prices more or less horrible. Every country has their own taxes and profits to deal with. I don't really want to compare what we pay with the rest of the world nor do I want to pay more so it seems fair.

It is insanity that gas has risen so quickly. The thought of drilling in Alaska sounds better and better to me. The majority of our problems stem from being reliant on foreign oil.

I would love to see a move toward developing alternative fuels and *feuling stations* That would be the best thing. Then foreign oil can cram it

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It was $2.99 in Flint, Michigan yesterday.Today Its $3.16 for Regular and the Guy at the Station said its goin to go up again soon.

This is Out of Control
I can not Afford to pay these prices I am goin to Have to get a Nother Job because of This. I bet its going to cost a Mint this Winter to Heat my House and Drive.
Man this World is Goin to Hell Faster And Faster each day.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The wife and I filled up Sunday night at $2.65 in Syracuse area. I reloaded today at $3.00 at a local retailer and my wife at $2.85 at Mobil. Across the street from Mobil it was $3.19. I have 3 5 gallon containers on standby just in case -- but you can't let it sit too long or it turns bad. You never know how people will react when they hear about potential shortages or rationing. Our plan is to top off the tanks every couple of days just in case. We're "averaging up" in investment terms.

I fully expect $4 by this weekend. We're rather far from refineries and ports. On an aside, I think we're going to Sam's tonight to stock up on durable goods to potentially offset the inevitable rise in prices of everything.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I'm in SW Wisconsin. Gas was $2.59 2 days ago before Katrina and now it's $2.85.

I live in SE Wisconsin and it went from 2.58 - 2.99 and now $3.29 in 3 days. This is ridiculous... and some cities in Iraq get it only for 5 cents a gallon. Thats Bull Crap.

[edit] HOly #. Gas prices above 6.00 in Atlanta (gas gouging, governer on it, just saw it on the news a second ago)

[edit on 31-8-2005 by And1balla2829]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Gas in Ohio is on the rise. In the village I live in gas is$3.09 .
Most people have to drive 45 miles to get decent wages.....
This cannot continue.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm outside Milwaukee, reg. unleaded is 3.49.

Anyone know the difference between premium and regular unleaded? My car only takes premium, so I'm wondering how much of a difference it would make if I were to fill up with regular (if I can find a nozzle to fit).

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Anyone know the difference between premium and regular unleaded? My car only takes premium, so I'm wondering how much of a difference it would make if I were to fill up with regular (if I can find a nozzle to fit).

not sure. Btw where outside milwaukee? Cudahy, South Milwaukee, Oak Creek, etc. Just wondering cause I live just outside Milwaukee too (Cudahy)
Sorry if im too nosy

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm in New Berlin (Waukesha Co.)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here in Northern VA

At 6:30 this morning the local station was still at $2.59.
I drove into town ina hurry thinking I'd have time to gas up later.
I came back at 10:30 and it was $2.89.
Tonight the manager said it was goig up to $3.09

In the way home, I passed a Citgo station at $3.55

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Regular and premium nozzles are the same size, ( years ago when you had leaded and unleaded the had different sizes so people wouldn't use the wrong one and diesel maybe a different size).

You should be OK, your performance will be slightly reduced but it the short term there shouldn't be any damage or anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Overnight in Southwest Wisconsin gas went from $2.85 to $2.99. Public school started today.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

does your car need premium due to an aftermarket performance chip?
or is this something that the owner's manual said?

if your car is chipped, then you'll be kind of SOL if you dont put premium in. this is because performance chips can actually use a more aggressive timing with the spark plugs. with a lowwer octane fuel, it wont burn as easily with this timing, so you'll end up getting knocks and pings when you drive. (this isnt good for your car at all).

if it's something that was said in the owner's manual you're probably going to have a lot more room to play here. this would depend on your car though.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Prices in Syracuse were stable overnight but that shouldn't last long. I saw no changes from yesterday afternoon's increases on my drive this morning. Local radio is already prepping us consumers for $4 for today. That would represent a 33% jump in one day, the average around here is $3 right now based on the stations I've seen. Thank goodness I can work from home but my wife is SOL.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
Regular and premium nozzles are the same size, ( years ago when you had leaded and unleaded the had different sizes so people wouldn't use the wrong one and diesel maybe a different size).

You should be OK, your performance will be slightly reduced but it the short term there shouldn't be any damage or anything.

Actually, the regular unleaded nozzle doesn't fit my car. I've tried
I have found some stations with one nozzle and you push the button to the grade you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join