It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First piece of steel cut for CVN-21 (CVN-78)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I really like the names of the famous legacy carriers such as York Town or Lexington. They should be used again but names such as America or United States should come first.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
USS OREGON
USS Portland

USS America Class
USS R. LEE Emery
USS 1776
USS Midway

DD(X) or CN(X) or BB(X)

USS Ironsides
USS Texas
USS Oregon
USS Missouri
USS New Jersy
USS Portland
USS Norfolk

brown water navy

USS Columbia River
USS Lake Tahoe

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

USS R. LEE Emery

The Gunny has a ship named after him? Never knew that.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
lol not a carrier I think they will or have manned a boat after him

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
U.S.S. Big Stick!!! yeah thats a good name for a carrier. its sends a message while still a cool name.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
is the CVN 78 goin to be the first carrier to use the electromagnetic catapults? or its not feasible yet at this time for this carrier?

No, CVN 77 George H.W Bush will be the first with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Odd names for CVN-21...

USS Big Boy
USS OJ is Guilty
USS Adama
USS Apollo
USS Rocky IV
USS Star Trek II
USS More Powerful Than God

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
CVX-78 is supposed to be revolutionary in it's capabilities. I think USS America is the best name for it. Maybe they can call the CVX series the America Class. We should honor it with the name of it's home country! Let us show our National Pride!

Tim

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

how about the Clinton class.
, "Mr. President, U.S.S. Clinton is ready to rock, ready to bomb those bastards."

What in the Hell? I wouldn't name an Inflatable Life Jacket, with a hole in it after him! Nothing like another Clinton to suck the moral out of our troops, HUH? How Dare you insult the brave men and women who defend America in that way!

I could see it now, the US Navy would have the Highest Desetion rate since Vietnam. Haveing an Aircraft Carrier named after you is a great Honor, one that Bill Clinton certainly does NOT Deserve! Save the Honor and respect for those who have truly EARNED it!

Tim

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ghost I’m sure the Navy and military have plenty of Target Drones named after him, the services have to take out their revenge on him somehow.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
What in the Hell? I wouldn't name an Inflatable Life Jacket, with a hole in it after him! Nothing like another Clinton to suck the moral out of our troops, HUH? How Dare you insult the brave men and women who defend America in that way!

I could see it now, the US Navy would have the Highest Desetion rate since Vietnam. Haveing an Aircraft Carrier named after you is a great Honor, one that Bill Clinton certainly does NOT Deserve! Save the Honor and respect for those who have truly EARNED it!

Tim

Sorry! I hit the wrong button and ended up with a double post.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

how about the Clinton class.
, "Mr. President, U.S.S. Clinton is ready to rock, ready to bomb those bastards."

Tim

I did hear that they were going to name a submarine after Monica Lewinsky though. Beacause all a submarine does is go down and up.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sorry I know I have psted this before but it still cracks me up

Originally posted by Popeye

Originally posted by NWguy83
USS William Jefferson Clinton

LOL - heard that Rumsfeld wanted to cut procurement costs!!

I hope her crew carry forward the moral behaviour of the ships namesake

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Popeye]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I surprised they put a Tomcat on it, too proud a fighter to serve on the USS Clinton

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join