It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fraud, Income Tax Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've done some searching through the forums and I haven't found anything about this...

I'm not sure if we have any CPAs among us, if so your knowledge would be greatly appreciated here.

The 861 Evidence

This states that the IRS has misled the public about Income Tax Codes. Claiming that the income tax only applies to the following:

1) Certain foreign income of Americans

2)Certain U.S. income of nonresident foreigners

3)Certain income involving federal possessions

Meaning that only income derived from International Commerce and federal possessions is taxable. Basically we(the average worker) does not owe federal income tax. The IRS has misled the country on these very broad codes.

I just wanted to get some feedback on this little gem. If it's legit, it would be huge! Imagine the tax relief for the people that really need it; the diminishing middle-class and poverty level incomes. Do yourself a favor and watch the entire presentation before casting judgment on the idea. It makes sense, make the code so vague that only professionals could decipher it. Then instill the idea that you're a good citizen if you pay your taxes.

So I guess the question is after viewing all this is, what is my tax liability? As far as myself, I have no dealings with International Commerce ect, therefore I should be exempt according to the original tax code!
So why isn't this code being used? We are simply told that if you collect income inside the country you pay federal income tax, or so says the IR$.

I just find it interesting that so many officials refuse to comment on this part of our tax code. It's more than obvious that they are ignoring the subject and continue to mislead the public on their financial obligations to the federal government.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't know the exact quote nor the precise Congressional resolution in which this was passed, but....

It has been declared that all ownership of property in the United States is by virtue of the state.

So basically, anything you own are federal possessions.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is based on a "misinterpretation" of section 861.

I wouldn't suggest trying to take advantage of it, as the government takes a very dim view of it.

A federal court in Tampa yesterday ordered David Bosset of Spring Hill, Fla., to stop promoting a fraudulent tax scheme. The permanent injunction bars Bosset from promoting the frivolous "Section 861"argument (named after the tax code provision it misinterprets). Bosset had falsely claimed that Section 861 of the Internal Revenue Code exempted from federal income taxes persons with U.S.-source income. Bosset also must contact clients and inform them of the injunction.

In the permanent injunction order, the court stated that in promoting the scheme Bosset made "false or fraudulent statements." The court last March had entered a preliminary injunction against Bosset.

"People who market fraudulent tax scams are in the business of swindling the public," said Eileen J. O'Connor, Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Justice Department's Tax Division.

Information on the preliminary injunction entered against Bossett can be found online at www.usdoj.gov...

[edit on 8/20/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This was a recent discussion here:
The I.R.S. and sec. 861

and here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts in the above threads.

Closed.

top topics

join