It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican and Evil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
A common Catholic fallacy. Jesus told Peter he would be a pebble (Greek "Petra") in the sea of the church. A stone in the church's foundation. Who is the rock? God, and only God (that would be Jesus Christ). Such an old heresy, Catholics should know better....

A common Catholic fallacy? It's the foundation upon which the Christian church was built. The New Testament is studded with specific references by Christ of this; in order to keep this missive within a reasonable length, I provide the references...

Matthew 28:18-20
Matthew 16:18
John 14, 15, and 16
I Timothy 3:14-15
Acts 15:28

Another major doctrine of faith is Pentacost - the day when the Holy Spirit descended and bestowed God's Grace on the Father's of the Church. Since that time, Catholics believe that the Holy Spirit is ever present, especially in those who lead the Faith. By this belief, God is always present, guiding us and leading us to righteousness. Man possessing free will, can - and has, does, and will - ignore this voice, but it is a tenet of Faith that the Holy Spirit will be with us always to guide us. Read Tertullian for a more thorough treatment.

I have condensed a lot of theology and overlooked reams of supporting data. This really isn't the forum for a serious theological treatment - especially with only 5000 characters per message. There is no way I will sway those who are Anti-Catholic; those people will always trot out their platitudes and never seem to be willing to accept any good points from the Catholic perspective. Here is the nut of the graf - the Catholic Church has 2000 years of history and has been defended by gifted Apologists for nearly that length of time. There are over a billion people who acknowledge the Holy See as the seat of the successor of Peter. If evil deeds have been laid at the feet of Holy Mother Church, I marvel that the same people refuse to admit the good works this institution has done over two thousand years. That's nowhere near as much fun, I gather.

Is there evil in the Vatican? Probably. If you were evil and serving evil with the big E, wouldn't you seek to infiltrate the organization most dangerous to your agenda? For those who refuse to believe the legitimacy of the Church, that's OK. I will continue to pray for you - so will my billion brothers and sisters.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well according to my friend who only gets his information from first, second, third or forth hand sources sometimes fifth but......

....it has something to do with the VATICAN MAFIA (He's worried) but as I told him nothing to be scared over just look at them like they are part of an early retirement home community, they just want your money til it runs out.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Good God the Vatican is NOT evil! If anyone is evil it is the Protestant church. The Protestants all offer an instant salvation as if it is just that easy.

It is always the same is it not, one religion is classed evil over the other... How dare you class the prodestant church as evil, look at your own religion first before you class any others as evil.....

Everyone knows that the Vatican is corrupt so is any other religion... get that into your head...

It is comments like yours that spark hatred between religions.. I suggest you think first before you accuse other religions of being evil and start looking within your own religion FIRST.........Starting with the VATICAN with in alot of peoples eyes has no relevance in todays society......

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

Good God the Vatican is NOT evil! If anyone is evil it is the Protestant church. The Protestants all offer an instant salvation as if it is just that easy.

It is always the same is it not, one religion is classed evil over the other... How dare you class the prodestant church as evil, look at your own religion first before you class any others as evil.....

Everyone knows that the Vatican is corrupt so is any other religion... get that into your head...

It is comments like yours that spark hatred between religions.. I suggest you think first before you accuse other religions of being evil and start looking within your own religion FIRST.........Starting with the VATICAN with in alot of peoples eyes has no relevance in todays society......

Imagine life without the Catholic Church. No Mother Teresa? No missionary works? Catholic Charities in the United States provided billions of dollars of social services that would bankrupt the government if they had to pay the freight.

The Vatican has no relevance in society? Pope John Paul II anybody? He was immensely popular and respected throughout the world. His impact on social justice is incalculable. His role in bringing down the Iron Curtain cannot be discounted. His mission to Poland was the first hammer blow against those walls. He examined the state of the Church, apologized when apologies were due, and advocated reforms in the body of the Church. Pope Benedict is doing a pretty good job of continuing to make the church more relevant. His first encyclical - God is Love - is the opening salvo in a campaign to make the church a powerful tool for inpspiring a new generation of Catholics to do good deeds. The Roman Catholic church - for good or for ill - is a major mover in the American immigration debate. You might not agree with the position, but I wouldn't discount the church's influence.

I do disagree with the comment that Protestants are evil. I don't agree with some of the tenets of their faith, I regret that they are not a part of the Universal, Catholic church, but evil? Heavens no! In any event, it's not for us to judge men - it's for God. BTW - what Protestant church are we talking about? It's not like they are one church, after all. To refer to the countless Protestant denominations as the 'Protestant Church' is like calling all Asian people Chinese.

I enjoin all of us to argue our positions passionately, but to remember that courtesy and respect invite the same manner of responses. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit - to quote OW. Reading a well-reasoned, focused post is so much more interesting - and useful - than invective.

Thanks and God Bless.....

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Let me make this absolutely clear.

blog.myspace.com...

and, perhaps for good measure:

blog.myspace.com...

Know thine enemy. It's the best starting ground, and the easiest way to a defensive/offensive stance.

Light and Truth,
Brendan Bombaci

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
A common Catholic fallacy. Jesus told Peter he would be a pebble (Greek "Petra") in the sea of the church. A stone in the church's foundation. Who is the rock? God, and only God (that would be Jesus Christ). Such an old heresy, Catholics should know better....

A common protestant fallacy.... that Yeshua spoke these words in Greek.

God Bless

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by agent_grey

it's not unlikely that the guy (if he existed, that is) would've known greek. it was the common trade language of the easter part of the roman empire, after all

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
("Why on a lot of the threads do people suggest that the vatican is something to do with the NWO, or the anti christ or something like that?")
Because the Vatican is connected to the ultimate evil. in the past, in the present and even in the future. They altered historic documents in a grand way and they are tricking many people of the world in deceitful ways.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
In The Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Peace and God's blessing to you all children of Adam.

The Vatican Church is the impostor church, masquerading as the Church of God but it is NOT. Their teachings are not the teachings of Jesus but the teachings of the Devil.

O Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you as he caused your (first) parents to go forth from the Garden and tore off from them their robe (of innocence) that their shame might be manifest to them. Lo! he seeth you, he and his tribe, from whence ye see him not. Lo! God have made the devils protecting friends for those who believe not.

The Vatican Church and the NWO are the impostor church and the anti-christ beast of the Last Days.

In the Last Days, the Devil and corrupter will perform mighty deeds that will mislead even the elects of God. Together with the false prophet who will perform signs and wonders by the power of the devil, they will persuade a lot of people because of their appearance... they will appear as if they were of light and not appear like Evil ones and so many will be deceived.

But I tell you O children of Adam, lest you be deceived of Satan, they will IMITATE the bride and the bridegroom of salvation. They will present the CHURCH (the impostor church) as the bride and the bridegroom as the Christ or Messiah( which in truth is the false messiah).

Do not be deceived, for indeed the devil knows so well how to deceive mankind with his lies, for he make it sound like the truth, because his lies are near the truth but only those given knowledge from God discerns the truth from falsehood. Praise be to God, who shines the light of His truth as a mercy to mankind.

THE TRUTH.

The kingdom of God is likened to a virgin bride.

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready."

Who is the Lamb?

The truth is that The Lamb is the Virgin bride or the Church ( The True church of God which is The religion of Abraham, Moses and Jesus and the last Prophet Muhammad- ISLAM)

Who is the bridegroom?

I bear witness to God, The Eternal Creator, The Unbegotten, Lord of the Universe, that the BRIDEGROOM is in truth the LORD YOUR GOD, NOT JESUS as the impostor church lead people to believe. ONLY GOD. He is the head of the Church, of ISLAM, where God is worshiped in TRUTH and in Spirit as Jesus has commanded all his followers to do.

To all the children of Adam, hear the call of your Eternal Mother, "Come out of her (impostor church), My CHILDREN, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

BE GATHERED O Jerusalem, Israel, before the cup of the wrath of God falls upon you. The Day of JUDGMENT is a fixed affair and none can change it. Your Lord is opening the door of salvation for you, REPENT! THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS COMING. ALL PRAISE BELONGS TO GOD,BLESSD BE HIS NAME FOREVER AND EVER. AMEN.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ironically, there is this grand scheme to hide the fact that many of the reformed protestant churches believed that the Papacy was the seat of the antichrist.

"A Great Cloud of Witness: "Wycliffe, Tyndale, Luther, Calvin, Cranmer; in the seventheenth century, Bunyan, hte translators of the King James Bible and men who published the Westminster and Baptist confessions of Faith; Sir Isaac Newton, Wesley, Whitfield, Jonathan Edwards; and more recently Spurgeon, Bishop J.C. Ryle and Dr. Martin Lloyd-Jones; these men among countless others, all saw the office of the Papacy as the antichrist."

This belief is nothing new, it's just that the way the church is headed, only the conspiracy theorists are the ones who think that the vatican is evil, while everyone else is told through society that the roman church is as good as the other churches and whoever believes the vatican is evil is crazy.

Even more telling, the bible is no stranger to conspiracies. It was the great church leaders of the Sanhedrin that conspired against Jesus and took him and in a secret tribunal elected to execute him through the roman secular power.

Good to know that the Vatican took a page from the bible and decided to do the same thing the jews did against Christ during the middle ages.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousUserVII

microscopic in comparison? you make it sound like there is one bad priest for every 10,000 good ones, its a much bigger proportion of priests than that, and that's only the ones who have been found out about, think of how many children never said a word about it for fear of going to hell or who weren't believed by who they told, the majority of child abuse cases reported within religious groups are catholic priests and that I think you will find is a fact, most of the disgusting creatures who perpetrate these crimes seem like really nice people because they have alot of practice at it, afterall their careers depend on it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

Why on a lot of the threads do people suggest that the Vatican is something to do with the NWO, or the anti Christ or something like that?

The title of the thread, using the word EVIL kind of allows it to loose focus.
I am somewhat concerned about the NWO because, by definition, it will affect everyone.
I think the cornerstone of the NWO is the EU.
You can do a google search using the words POPE and POLITICS and come up with some info on the Hand of the Vatican in European politics.
I think the European Union is a blatant attempt at resurrecting the Holy Roman Empire.
A nice clue is in an interview, the designer of the EU flag states that the flag is a representation of the crown of the Queen of Heaven, Mary.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Oh come on, I made this thread nearly 3 years ago, why does it still get posts?

Can't you make a new thread of your own?

(no offense meant)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

Can't you make a new thread of your own?

It is my understanding that we are encouraged to use existing threads if they cover the same subject.
If I am wrong, someone can fill me in on ATS policy.
You could make a post saying that you dis-own this thread and will no longer be responsible for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Think of it this way, if one organization or a country was mention in the bible,
and those name haven't change untill now, it got to have it own purpose.

Roman was always rever to an evil entity in the bible

Babel is also mention evil it the bible, whore of babel.

Gog and magog refers to russian and china.

And in the end all should come together in one episode of doomsday scenario.
Following Jesus is hard, He told us not to invest on earthly belonggings, money etc. But to invest in the future life, on the kigdom of heaven. Are you willing to follow Jesus teachings. Every single word? leave behind you wealth, gold, woman, gadgets, Stocks, Social Status, and the good fortunes you might have? to follow a poor man from Israel called Jesus?
Don't Lie to me, what is the benefits of followong Jesus today? None! The benefits comes later in the next life.

So if Roman Catholic Church is preaching about the world unity, the peace of the erath, the world well being.......I gotta tell you, this world and its followers is schedule to be Demised!, what you see and what you hold have and end, do not sell your soul for earth....Give it to Jesus!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Why on a lot of the threads do people suggest that the vatican is something to do with the NWO, or the anti christ or something like that?

Well, gee, I don't know. I wonder why people think that?

After all, I'm sure the Pope would never do evil things such as raping and sacrificing children. He loves them too much.

Seriously, it's not just the Vatican. It's everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join