It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 drug hit men arrested in Michoacan, Mexico (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't find this story in english on the web yet, so I am going to post the link in spanish for those with bilingual abilities, and reproduce the AP line I read in its entirety. I hope this falls within the parameters for submission. This is a breaking story about a platoon of heavily armed killers apprehended after a shootout with the Mexican army, federal agents, and police.

www.cambiodemichoacan.com.mx
30 suspected hit men arrested
MEXICO CITY(AP)

Soldiers, federal agents and police arrested 30 suspected drug hit men and recovered dozens of high-powered weapons after a shootout that killed a bystander in the central state of Michoacan on Friday, investigators said.

Acting on a citizen's tip, authorities exchanged fire with gunmen aboard several sport utility vehicles in the community of Apatzingan, according to a statement released by the federal Public Safety Department.

The 400 soldiers, federal agents and state and local police officers involved in the operation seized 13 vehicles, some of which were parked outside an Apatzingan hotel. Investigators found 36 guns, as well as bullet proof vests inside.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Very interesting story coming on the heels of the MS-13 crackdown and all the border troubles we are having. What was this group of killers up to in that hotel? Planning an op of their own? Holding a high-level conference? Meeting for afternoon tea?

Once again it is a concerned citizen reporting suspicious activity that blew this thing wide open. I hope he/she wasn't the one caught in the crossfire.

join